Scottish player transfers - Page 186 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

On 8/30/2022 at 4:06 PM, scotlad said:

I was out at the weekend and saw a lot of kids in their late teens and early twenties wandering around in baggy jeans. It occurred to me then that one of the most exasperating things about getting older is seeing terrible fashion trends from ages ago, that you thought were consigned to the dustbin of history, come back into fashion. 

What fannybaws is wearing in that picture though never has, never should and surely never will be fashionable! 🤣

Can’t wait for parallel trousers & spade shoes making a reappearance 👨🏻‍🦳

22 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

A good move for Gilmour. Imperative je got a permanent move away from Chelsea.

It seems unbelievable to me that it was left to the final hours of the last day of transfer windor for him to get his move arranged. So no pre-season, a wasteful trip to California, and a month of training with the development squad.  All the time with the threat of being stuck in limbo at Chelsea until the next transfer window hanging over him. Not the best preparation? At least now he can get focussed at his new club (but I fear it will be a few weeks before he gets back up-to-speed at training though, before he's even in contention for the Brighton match day squad?)

But nonetheless, could turn out to be a great move for Billy Gilmour, for Brighton, and of course, for Scotland. Delighted for him!

36 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

It seems unbelievable to me that it was left to the final hours of the last day of transfer windor for him to get his move arranged. So no pre-season, a wasteful trip to California, and a month of training with the development squad.  All the time with the threat of being stuck in limbo at Chelsea until the next transfer window hanging over him. Not the best preparation? At least now he can get focussed at his new club (but I fear it will be a few weeks before he gets back up-to-speed at training though, before he's even in contention for the Brighton match day squad?)

But nonetheless, could turn out to be a great move for Billy Gilmour, for Brighton, and of course, for Scotland. Delighted for him!

Yep. Better late than never. Good move.

2 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Looking like it has to be a transfer, I read 9 Million was the fee. 

That's a bit of a steal in today's market. it

It's a shame it didn't work out for him at Chelsea but he's going to a club on the up with a good manager who obviously rates him. Hopefully Chelsea end up regretting it.

5 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Jack Hendry signs for Serie A side Cremonese.

That yakes the Scottish contingent playing in Serie A to four with Liam Henderson, Josh Doig, Lewis Ferguson and now Jack Hendry now plying their trade in the top flight in Italy.

Unbelievable that isn’t it.

Also great move for Gilmour. 

Dapo Mebude has joined Oostende from Watford.

Dire Mebude looks like staying at City, they have offered a large contract to keep him, lots of top clubs went in for him.

Harrison Ashby staying at West ham despite Newcastles bid, Leeds also made offer.

One for Hamilton, Lucas De Bolle has joined o  loan from Newcastle, highly rated.

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

I'm not on Twitter anymore, anyone find any confirmation Gilmour's transfer is confirmed? 

59 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Was just going to say that gilmour not being reported as a completed deal 🤞

Being confirmed on sky sports now. 😎👍

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

I'm not on Twitter anymore, anyone find any confirmation Gilmour's transfer is confirmed? 

59 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Was just going to say that gilmour not being reported as a completed deal 🤞

Now confirmed by both Brighton and Chelsea just a few minutes ago 👍

3 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Another good move. Hopefully he can get his career back on track.

Aye, make or break time now for Johnston. The talent is definitely there but can he play a full season without getting injured ?

Apparently he was not keen about going on loan anywhere (he had already refused to go on loan to a Belgian club this summer) and wanted to regain his place at Celtic. Thankfully, it appears that some sense has been talked into him.