Jump to content

Scottish player transfers


Recommended Posts

Not got a suitable thread for this so thought I'd start a new one.

Anyway, there seems to be a rumour that Bologna and Parma are both after Liam Henderson who has impressed during his time at Bari.  Even if it doesn't go ahead it's really pleasing to see he's made a good go of it.  I've not seen him at Bari but this would suggest he's close to the Scotland squad (although in a position where we have plenty of competition).

Transfer news affecting national team players seems quiet at the moment although one mention of McGregor to Bournemouth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mid-table EPL sides are quite shite. Matt Ritchie plays every game for one of them ffs  

Robertson had just turned 23 when he signed for Liverpool, not a helluva lot older than Tierney currently is at 22...Robertson had played 115 matches for Hull City by then, with 57 of them being in th

Because Forrest is fucking shite, and Mcgregor is bang average. Both have very good games sometimes, and make it look easy but they are generally playing against dung most weeks. Not even championship

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Not got a suitable thread for this so thought I'd start a new one.

Anyway, there seems to be a rumour that Bologna and Parma are both after Liam Henderson who has impressed during his time at Bari.  Even if it doesn't go ahead it's really pleasing to see he's made a good go of it.  I've not seen him at Bari but this would suggest he's close to the Scotland squad (although in a position where we have plenty of competition).

Transfer news affecting national team players seems quiet at the moment although one mention of McGregor to Bournemouth.

Henderson to Serie A would be very good to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan Rhodes has been linked with a loan move to Rangers or Norwich City. Dont think Rangers have the money.
McBurnie has been linked to Rangers as well. I think it's more likely he'll be 1st choice at Swansea.
McGinn to Villa.. but VIlla might not have the money. Can't even confirm they can afford to keep Bruce as manager.
Lewis Morgan is being pursued by Sunderland on loan.
Tierney was attracting interest from Atletico Madrid apparently.
Callum McGregor is being chased by 3 EPL clubs: Newcastle, Watford, and Bournemouth..
McArthur interesting Rangers, Cardiff and Villa. He seems happy at Palace, only Cardiff seems possible of the 3.
Snodgrass is interesting Cardiff, but you'd have to imagine he'll see if he can impress pellegrini first.
Matt Philips to Wolves.
Chris Martin to QPR, probably just speculation.

That's all i've got so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Daily Express are reporting that Crystal Palace are interested in Stuart Armstrong. Think that'd be a good move if he was to leave Celtic.

Would be a good move.  Hodgson's a decent manager and Palace did very well after he took over.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Daily Express are reporting that Crystal Palace are interested in Stuart Armstrong. Think that'd be a good move if he was to leave Celtic.

Is he good enough for a mid table EPL side? 

Can see him bench warming to be honest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Stuart Armstrong was playing well under Brendan Rodgers. Probably be better if he stayed put from a Scotland perspective.

I'd agree.

Crystal Palace are always one of those teams you'd put amongst favourites for relegation so Armstrong would be better steering clear of such clubs in the EPL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Stuart Armstrong was playing well under Brendan Rodgers. Probably be better if he stayed put from a Scotland perspective.

I agree but if he did move away this would be a good fit. Palace ended the season strongly and he may want to just test himself week in, week out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see him at Palace. Well, I don't want to watch Palace ever, but it'd be a good move for him. It's not like he plays 90 minutes week in week out at Celtic, so if he can make that the case at Palace then great. It'd also do him good as a player to be up against people better than him, which at Celtic doesn't happen much, maybe 6 times a season if they're lucky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 5:57 PM, ProudScot said:

Is he good enough for a mid table EPL side?#

Mid-table EPL sides are quite shite. Matt Ritchie plays every game for one of them ffs :lol: 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 9:51 AM, er yir macaroon said:

Armstrong has pace and can run all day. He’ll be a big success in the EPL.

Armstrong's achilles heel is ball retention ( see v England last June). I think that his failure to improve that side of his game has frustrated Rodgers more than anything else and I can see us cutting him loose this summer. Could be a smashing player for someone in the EPL but only if he improves that side of his game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, slasher said:

Armstrong's achilles heel is ball retention ( see v England last June). I think that his failure to improve that side of his game has frustrated Rodgers more than anything else and I can see us cutting him loose this summer. Could be a smashing player for someone in the EPL but only if he improves that side of his game.

I would say that was true when he first broke through under Rodgers, but i did see a marked improvement on that score. He tends to play quite high up the pitch at speed and closer to defenders, so he’s in a riskier part of the pitch, but presents a goal threat as a consequence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I would say that was true when he first broke through under Rodgers, but i did see a marked improvement on that score. He tends to play quite high up the pitch at speed and closer to defenders, so he’s in a riskier part of the pitch, but presents a goal threat as a consequence. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Against the better teams he still ships possession far too easily too often for me. It's still the single biggest thing holding him back, otherwise he could be a top class midfielder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...