I'm inclined to agree with daviebee
1) Iirc the money was not regular donations but a special crowd funder. I guess he might have felt there was a genuine legal point to be made and I have some sympathy with him on that point. Also maybe he felt that an accusation of homophobia would be used as a rod to beat him with by a Unionist media.
2) I can't comment. I know there are different opinions and some are impatient with a perceived lack of action by the SNP hierarchy.
3) The argument is that candidates would only stand for the list and in probability would increase the number of MSPs supporting independence.
4) The problem with GRA is that a lot of more conservative minded voters and those with concerns about erosion of women rights might not vote SNP on these grounds. It is an issue that Unionists would undoubtedly weaponise, you can see the Daily Mail headlines now.
5) In all honesty I'm still trying to process this. I think he feels that BoJo will simply refuse any request for Indy Ref2 and therefore the SNP must wring this concession now or otherwise they'll have no way of getting a referendum. I can see why he says that but I'm not sure I agree with his analysis.
Agree with you that he does some excellent analysis of media reporting in particular but have frequented WoS less frequently as too many roasters bickering amongst themselves.
We need Indy supporters to keep the heid at this time, legitimate questions fair enough but not personal attacks on those who hope and work for the same goals, the prize is bigger than any individual and their ego.