Scottish player transfers - Page 181 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

What a move for Lewis Ferguson!

I metioned him a while ago as someone I thought should get some games for NT as his figures for Aberdeen last two years very solid.

Mihajlovic obviously liked working with Hickey so wy not coach another talented young Scots player and see what happens?

Hopefully Clarke's aerial actually works for Serie A this season to keep a check on Doig aswell. 

13 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

I metioned him a while ago as someone I thought should get some games for NT as his figures for Aberdeen last two years very solid.

Mihajlovic obviously liked working with Hickey so wy not coach another talented young Scots player and see what happens?

Hopefully Clarke's aerial actually works for Serie A this season to keep a check on Doig aswell. 

Yes, great moves for Ferguson and Doig!  Looking forward to seeing how they get on.

Guest Scot1
36 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Be interesting to see what the coaches at Bologna have in mind for Ferguson. Are they going to play him as a box-box midfielder? Or maybe as more of a holding / defensive midfielder?

On 7/11/2022 at 12:35 AM, syecosse said:

Never heard of this lad but fabrizio Romano is reporting about him, Emilio Lawrence has all the big clubs after him 16 years old plays for Everton but looks like is joining Man City's Scots. 

Your doing. Read

On 7/11/2022 at 12:35 AM, syecosse said:

Never heard of this lad but fabrizio Romano is reporting about him, Emilio Lawrence has all the big clubs after him 16 years old plays for Everton but looks like is joining Man City's Scots. 

You seem to be doing a really good job keeping us updated especially on younger players coming through that most of us don't have heard of. 

Sounds really promising this lad, English born though & i couldn't find any on where is parents are from so hope he sticks with us in part due to having a persuasive Scottish born parent. 

20 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Your doing. Read

You seem to be doing a really good job keeping us updated especially on younger players coming through that most of us don't have heard of. 

Sounds really promising this lad, English born though & i couldn't find any on where is parents are from so hope he sticks with us in part due to having a persuasive Scottish born parent. 

Thanks I try stay away from the more debated/bigger names, and probably have to much hope that a few/a lot of the young guys will become really good. 

And the latest one on the move is striker Kieron Bowie on a seasons loan from Fulham to Northampton.

Kieron Bowie moves to League 2 on loan from Fulham. Played once (briefly) for our U21s, only 19 so might get a bit more time next campaign. Previously at Raith Rovers in season 18/19 where he scored 10 goals in 29 appearances, which is pretty good for a 16/17 year old. It’s good to see one of the kids who transfer young from Scotland progress through a system to a pro league.

Speaking with a West Ham mate he says Ashby has been the best player in both there pre season games so far Servette and Ipswich, fans are calling him the Scottish Roberto Carlos, looking on twitter fans seem to be loving him,  hopefully Moyes gives him plenty of game time this season, Rb could become stronger than left back. 

Wrong section meant to put in here Heerneveen want Fiorini on a season loan, lots of clubs have apparently registered interest though.

Edited by syecosse

12 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Kieron Bowie moves to League 2 on loan from Fulham. Played once (briefly) for our U21s, only 19 so might get a bit more time next campaign. Previously at Raith Rovers in season 18/19 where he scored 10 goals in 29 appearances, which is pretty good for a 16/17 year old. It’s good to see one of the kids who transfer young from Scotland progress through a system to a pro league.

A striker too!  Hopefully he does well at Northampton.

35 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Speaking with a West Ham mate he says Ashby has been the best player in both there pre season games so far Servette and Ipswich, fans are calling him the Scottish Roberto Carlos, looking on twitter fans seem to be loving him,  hopefully Moyes gives him plenty of game time this season, Rb could become stronger than left back. 

Wrong section meant to put in here Heerneveen want Fiorini on a season loan, lots of clubs have apparently registered interest though.

Heerneveen would be a good move for him.

It'd be good to see Ashby get a wee run of games for the West Ham first team this coming season.  Another right-back is good news.  We just need to start producing goalkeepers, centre-halves and strikers and we're back in business!  🤣

22 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Agreed, a good level for him and he was good for NAC Breda in the Eerste Divisie. This is an obvious step up from last year in League 1 whilst still being in a country he has previously thrived albeit at a lower level.

14 hours ago, syecosse said:

Thanks I try stay away from the more debated/bigger names, and probably have to much hope that a few/a lot of the young guys will become really good. 

And the latest one on the move is striker Kieron Bowie on a seasons loan from Fulham to Northampton.

Yeh keep up the good work 👍 Just been reading some tweets on  twitter from Fulham fans about Bowie & he is highly thought of,he is a big lad that can play out wide or thru the middle. Big season for him, let's hope he does well. 

Didn't know Louie Appéré had left Dundee United in January also to Northampton, liked him when i first saw him, thought he was a player but unfortunately he didn't seem to progress. Hope he also finds his level & has a decent career. 

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

A striker too!  Hopefully he does well at Northampton.

It'd be good to see Ashby get a wee run of games for the West Ham first team this coming season.  Another right-back is good news.  We just need to start producing goalkeepers, centre-halves and strikers and we're back in business!  🤣

Yeh it's great seeing quite a few young Scots getting interesting moves or loan opportunities.  

Let's hope by next summer some of these lads have had great seasons & are at the very least playing regularly for our under 21's or maybe even challenging for full squad selection. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-uniteds-risky-elliot-anderson-24467541

I know this is a transfer thread but i think it's just as exciting in Ashby & Andersons cases they their clubs rate them highly enough to not send them on loan before giving them the chance to prove themselves ready for epl level first team squads. 

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Hope he lives up to the hype. 

I still think people might have gone over the top about Patterson. 

33 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hope he lives up to the hype. 

I still think people might have gone over the top about Patterson. 

All things are relative. We went from a sparsity of options to a potentially EPL quality starter over just a few months so obviously people got excited. If he had been a left back the level of interest would have been lower and so the expectation for success likewise.

4 hours ago, syecosse said:

Fiorini has joined Blackpool in the Championship. 

Should be a good move. He did well at league 1 level last year and this will be a good step up for him. Not sure if blackpool are any good but if he can spend a season doing well in the championship then get a loan move to a epl club the season after then he should be on course to becoming a regular epl player in his early twenties. 

On 7/15/2022 at 11:46 AM, syecosse said:

Tom Clayton Scotland u21 and Liverpool u23 captain has joined Swindon on a permanent transfer.

Probably a good move. At his age he needs to be playing first team football regularly. I think has some parallels with George Johnston who made a similar move and featured regularly for Bolton last season