Scottish player transfers - Page 182 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

32 minutes ago, sandyb said:

Champagne Charlie says he will end up as the new Barry Bannan😳

He does need a decent loan to show off his skills - Europe would be good

I had convinced myself he was going to force his way back into the Chelsea first team. So I'm disappointed he didn't even get any game time in pre-season.
Yes, it does sound like a loan might be likely. Fingers crossed he ends up somewhere where he can thrive.

10 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not a Scottish player being signed but with Zinchenko set to go to Arsenal, what (if anything) does that mean for Kieran Tierney?

Zinchenko being signed to play midfield (instead of xhaka) and as cover for left back. Arsenal need a quality back up as KT only played 53% of games since he was signed. 

1 hour ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Zinchenko being signed to play midfield (instead of xhaka) and as cover for left back. Arsenal need a quality back up as KT only played 53% of games since he was signed. 

Makes sense. I think somewhere I read Zinchenko can also play right back as well, though I could be wrong.

14 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not a Scottish player being signed but with Zinchenko set to go to Arsenal, what (if anything) does that mean for Kieran Tierney?

Considering he’s injured as often as not they probably need someone more reliable 

53 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

I noticed the other day that Paul Dickov’s lad Max has also signed for Brentford. A winger, he was at Stockport Town (in essentially the 10th division), but presumably has something about him if Brentford have taken a punt. 20 years old, 1 year deal.

Max Dickov? sounds like an Austin Powers character 😁

23 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Probably best out of Belgium, apparently him and the manager don’t see eye to eye at all.

Champions League football with Bruges to Championship football with Burnley is a bit of a come-down though. 😕

In potentially better news, Toulouse are apparently interested in signing Stephen Welsh from Celtic.

55 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Champions League football with Bruges to Championship football with Burnley is a bit of a come-down though. 😕

In potentially better news, Toulouse are apparently interested in signing Stephen Welsh from Celtic.

Agreed, but playing championship football with Burnley is better than no football in Belgium, which is what it looks like he’d be getting there.

Hopefully a better move turns up though because I agree Burnley is a step down at least in terms of exposure to the very best.

59 minutes ago, scotlad said:

On Welsh, he seems to have played a bit through pre-season. If he gets decent gametime at Celtic then it’s fine he stays. If he doesn’t, given a number of clubs seem interested, it’s a waste.

2 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

On Welsh, he seems to have played a bit through pre-season. If he gets decent gametime at Celtic then it’s fine he stays. If he doesn’t, given a number of clubs seem interested, it’s a waste.

Welsh is good. Hopefully he gets a move. Celtic seemed to have lost Interest in developing young players & Scottish players also.