Scotland v England - Match Thread - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v England - Match Thread

romanticscot

4 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Yeah, I think he came on just minutes before the penalty, but he has had a habit of twisting the story to get another story out of it, that the game is so over shadowed with McAllister and Gazza, that he plays it he was never on the pitch.

On Talksport he has certainly played it a few times that he only played in the Swiss game.

Pen was 77 mins ; so he was on for 10

jess only got on at 87 mins ….

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Yeah, I have gone "hang on...." when he has dragged this story out (but probably 9/10 of these footballer stories you can take with a pinch of salt.... ie Stubbs comment last week, which was disproved within hours, Off the Ball were having a field day on it)

14 hours ago, ProudScot said:

We got carried away with the win vs Spain and tonight is a reality check 

Don't see how you can argue with what he said. We played great against Spain but we got Spain at a time when their new manager was working out his best team. Only 2 of the starting line up against us started their last 2 games. Suspect it'll be very different when we play them next month. 

The reality is Spain ‘should’ beat us reasonably comfortably. Then we’ve got a massive match away in Georgia, a huge chance to avoid going into a last game decider against Norway (and a certain striker). Surely we can’t slip up in Georgia a third time? 

Obviously, none of this matters if Spain don’t lose to Norway.

36 minutes ago, JAGSNAN1876 said:

You think the majority of Scots want the Monarchy abolished ? Maybe it’s you who lives under a rock !! Scotland said No to Independence Scotland is happy to be part of the UK - end of dit !!

Please go back to follow follow with your like minded pals

41 minutes ago, JAGSNAN1876 said:

You think the majority of Scots want the Monarchy abolished ? Maybe it’s you who lives under a rock !! Scotland said No to Independence Scotland is happy to be part of the UK - end of dit !!

Sorry, we've all forgotten politics is a one time event and not a process where people have the ability to change their opinions over time.  Once a decision has been made, we should all remember there's no chance of changing it at any point in the future and never believe anything should be different from the status quo. 🤔

I would rather play England or France in friendlies opposed to a lower ranked side that we expect to beat and learn nothing from it.

We are always to have an off day now and again, unfortunately it happened last night.

We are in fantastic shape in our qualifying group, so much more positives than negatives.

Read our big game players never turned up, but we can't keep relying on the same individuals time and time again.

England were far superior to us so we move on and try and learn from this, the team and Steve Clarke will be every bit as disappointed as the fans.

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

Yeah, I think he came on just minutes before the penalty, but he has had a habit of twisting the story to get another story out of it, that the game is so over shadowed with McAllister and Gazza, that he plays it he was never on the pitch.

On Talksport he has certainly played it a few times that he only played in the Swiss game.

What he doesn't talk about is how as he ran on the pitch, he tried to shake Gascoigne's hand and was blanked - rightly BTW

2 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Sorry, we've all forgotten politics is a one time event and not a process where people have the ability to change their opinions over time.  Once a decision has been made, we should all remember there's no chance of changing it at any point in the future and never believe anything should be different from the status quo. 🤔

What You’re Proposing sounds like Fun Fun Fun but at the end of the day we’re still Living on an Island with the English. 

7 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I'm pretty sure it was him that got brought down for the penalty.  Probably licked the defender's boots when he was down there as well, the sycophantic prick.  I know he gets their money, but fck me that was some amount of crawling he was doing.  No doubt he'll be trying to give it the cheeky chappie routine next time he's on for one of our games too.  Fkin erse.

8 minutes ago, daviebee said:

I'm pretty sure it was him that got brought down for the penalty.  Probably licked the defender's boots when he was down there as well, the sycophantic prick.  I know he gets their money, but fck me that was some amount of crawling he was doing.  No doubt he'll be trying to give it the cheeky chappie routine next time he's on for one of our games too.  Fkin erse.

Was Gordon Durie that was brought down

McCoist asked for the ball to take the penalty and McAllister took it from him

10 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

There was a couple of times I couldn't even understand what McCoist was trying say but it must be difficult talking with Dion Dublin's massive boaby in your gob for an hour and a half.

Played off the park and only 2 bookings - there's the start of the post match analysis right there. Barely laid a glove on them. 

😂

Eventually got myself to watch the highlights and it wasnt that bad  ....

Problem is that i watched the first 20 minutes live and as i said at the time it was men against boys

England are where we should hopefully be in 2 years time

Edited by Ally Bongo

If i hear REALITY check one f..king more time....Lazy journalism.Our REALITY is that we have progressed from a team who failed to qualify for tournaments to one who qualified for the last euros and are in a great position to qualify without a play off for the next one.It's as if on the back of last night the results and performances against Spain and Norway etc never happened.Five wins out of five in a qualifying tournament.Believe me if you ever see us doing that again i would be surprised to say the least.Don't get me wrong .I was as disapointed as anyone in our performance and the result last night but when so many of our top performers either were average or to be honest rubbish then your not going to beat england.Why it happened is anybody's guess.Turn in a performance and grab a point in Spain and that show last night means very little.Let's learn and move on to good days in Germany.🤩

3 minutes ago, thesaint said:

If i hear REALITY check one f..king more time....Lazy journalism.Our REALITY is that we have progressed from a team who failed to qualify for tournaments to one who qualified for the last euros and are in a great position to qualify without a play off for the next one.It's as if on the back of last night the results and performances against Spain and Norway etc never happened.Five wins out of five in a qualifying tournament.Believe me if you ever see us doing that again i would be surprised to say the least.Don't get me wrong .I was as disapointed as anyone in our performance and the result last night but when so many of our top performers either were average or to be honest rubbish then your not going to beat england.Why it happened is anybody's guess.Turn in a performance and grab a point in Spain and that show last night means very little.Let's learn and move on to good days in Germany.🤩

Aye it’s ridiculous really. Whether we like it or not England are one of the best sides in the world. We can generally compete with them and have a great record against them considering the difference in size of our countries and the number of players playing at a high level they can choose from but we need to play well against them to compete and we didn’t play well last night. 

I for one would rather have a bad performance against England in a friendly than go to Spain or Georgia and put in a stinker. 

We haven’t turned into a bad team overnight and I trust Clarke to get us in a good position to compete with Spain, Georgia and Norway over the next couple of months to get the points we need to qualify. If we do that last night’s performance will be quickly forgotten.

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Aye it’s ridiculous really. Whether we like it or not England are one of the best sides in the world. We can generally compete with them and have a great record against them considering the difference in size of our countries and the number of players playing at a high level they can choose from but we need to play well against them to compete and we didn’t play well last night. 

I for one would rather have a bad performance against England in a friendly than go to Spain or Georgia and put in a stinker. 

We haven’t turned into a bad team overnight and I trust Clarke to get us in a good position to compete with Spain, Georgia and Norway over the next couple of months to get the points we need to qualify. If we do that last night’s performance will be quickly forgotten.

Remember the Spanish were really annoyed with how we played and said something like we won ugly, not football.

Meanwhile last night some English pundit(s) faintly praising Scotland for 'trying to play the right way'.

I wonder which way Spain would like us to play next time...

Clarke said before and again after the match that he was specifically looking for things against the top sides. Id much rather he learned this now and was able to communicate it to the squad and hopefully they can improve on it rather than win against a similar standard team and then get gubbed by Spain , France and any other top team should we get to the Euros.

We really struggled to get up the pitch last night. Hopefully thats something that can be looked at. I think against the top teams we currently lack a ball carrier. Maybe Doak could be that for us in the not to distant.

18 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The Mccoist love in after Spain is over then? 

And rightly so too. In one night the fat staunch prick ruined his reputation among some scotland fans. He's disgusted and outraged at the booing of the British not English national anthem but at the next old firm meeting at ibrox he will be banging on about the great atmosphere as bigtory spews from the stands.

I hope the fat staunch prick shits antlers.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

And rightly so too. In one night the fat staunch prick ruined his reputation among some scotland fans. He's disgusted and outraged at the booing of the British not English national anthem but at the next old firm meeting at ibrox he will be banging on about the great atmosphere as bigtory spews from the stands.

I doubt he’d understand his own hypocrisy if it was booed out to him 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

He could well continue his staunch pish next old firm game as it's at parkheid with probably no union jack waving royalists there.