Scotland v England - Match Thread - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v England - Match Thread

romanticscot

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

He's a good player but fuck me that was powder puff stuff letting him turn around 25 yards out and pass 10 yards 

Even the modern defender is programmed now not to get too physical but sometimes it's needed. If it's ten minutes to and you haven't Had a booking... trip him up. 

Just now, ThistleWhistle said:

I agree - genuinely wasn't arsed about it all day.

Too much rides on it and they just need park this.  Intensity wasn't there at all and without that we're fucked 

That was the big issue today. To have any success against players better than you, you need a level of intensity which simply wasn't there tonight. If we played with the intensity we did for a spell in the second half across the whole game or we have in recent qualifiers, it may have been different tonight. Most of the players didn't seem up for it for whatever reason.

In terms of positives: Gunn made a couple of good saves (especially that one from Eze); Christie looked decent once he came on; we looked better with Dykes up top.

Just now, exile said:

One positive I'd take is Gunn - made some good stops and interventions, kept us in the game at times, probably saw more meaningful action in this game than in the last couple of games put together.

Christie off the bench was at least positive also other than that some of the guys looked average, I actually forgot Mcgregor was playing until he went off. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Even the modern defender is programmed now not to get too physical but sometimes it's needed. If it's ten minutes to and you haven't Had a booking... trip him up.

Aye. Especially when you're one behind. It was far too simple for Bellingham to waltz into the box - no-one got close enough to pressure him off the ball, nor looked like they were ever going to make a challenge. Sometimes those little tactical fouls can be helpful: breaks up the play, limits the danger (as you'll have the opportunity to re-organise from the free-kick) and may make your opposition lose focus through frustration.

3 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Christie off the bench was at least positive also other than that some of the guys looked average, I actually forgot Mcgregor was playing until he went off. 

Was it not McGregor who Bellingham walked through for the third? The game passed McGregor by.

4 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

That was the big issue today. To have any success against players better than you, you need a level of intensity which simply wasn't there tonight. If we played with the intensity we did for a spell in the second half across the whole game or we have in recent qualifiers, it may have been different tonight. Most of the players didn't seem up for it for whatever reason.

In terms of positives: Gunn made a couple of good saves (especially that one from Eze); Christie looked decent once he came on; we looked better with Dykes up top.

It's a little concerning how lethargic it was to be honest.  

I was expecting blood n thunder at least but barely got either.  Gaps between the lines were therefore gaping chasms where they took the piss.

No fucking way in an England game should they have time to touch it, turn and pass but it kept happening over and over