Scotland v England - Match Thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v England - Match Thread

romanticscot

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Scotland manager Clarke says Tuesday's friendly against England will be the perfect barometer of the progress his team has made.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I know it's England, but it's still a friendly. Neither team will be fighting to the death in the final minutes the way they would in a competitive game. 

I reckon Clarke will go with the exact same 11 as for Cyprus, but possibly swapping in Dykes for Adams.

Went for my daily bike run yesterday. Stopped by the British Embassy here in Ottawa to wish them luck.... 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤣🤣🤣

PXL_20230911_160331979.jpg

2 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

If we win today, does that make us the Heritage champions and we hold the title for the next 150 years? 

Considering England gave us a right slippering in the Centenery Heritage game in 1973 i would say naw

As bad omens go this is a beezer

13 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Scotland manager Clarke says Tuesday's friendly against England will be the perfect barometer of the progress his team has made.

Our side last time we played England:

• Marshall
  • O'Donnell - McTominay - Hanley - Tierney - Robertson
  • Gilmour (Armstrong) - McGregor
  • McGinn
  • Adams (Nisbet) - Dykes

I think Gunn is an upgrade on 2021 Marshall; Hickey and Patterson are improvements on O'Donnell; Porteous and Hendry are better than McTominay (at CB) and Hanley. The midfield/attacking shape has changed to two AMs; one striker; I think that block is slightly better than 2021 and the change in shape allows us to control the midfield more effectively in matches.

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Went for my daily bike run yesterday. Stopped by the British Embassy here in Ottawa to wish them luck.... 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤣🤣🤣

PXL_20230911_160331979.jpg

👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

England

• Ramsdale
  • Walker - Guehi - Dunk - Trippier
  • Bellingham - Rice - Phillips
  • Rashford - Kane - Foden

So, their changes are:

• Pickford -> Ramsdale
  • Chilwell -> Trippier
  • Maguire -> Dunk
  • Henderson -> Phillips