The news thread - Page 98 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I'd be very curious to see the reactions on here if people started talking about the size of Nicola Sturgeon's tits and whether they would consider riding her or not. Incredible double standards. 😀

Just today, I got an email from Nicola titled "Let's get together". I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but I think I might be in with a chance there. She's a honey. 

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Just today, I got an email from Nicola titled "Let's get together". I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but I think I might be in with a chance there. She's a honey. 

Hey! Join the feckin queue - I received one too

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Hey! Join the feckin queue - I received one too

Can we find another 7 and get a table.

14 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Coral Odds

Sunak 4/6

Johnson 7/4

Big Tits 8/1

Johnson out to 3/1 with Coral and bigger on Betfair

Possible he is not going to stand and possible he is being blackmailed not to

On 10/22/2022 at 1:03 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Johnson out to 3/1 with Coral and bigger on Betfair

Possible he is not going to stand and possible he is being blackmailed not to

Johnson confirms he is not standing for Tory leader although he says he had 102 votes

Is there anything he wont lie about ?

Bad news for Independence

Looks like Sunak will be leader and new PM tomorrow

Just now, aaid said:

All those people predicting that Johnson was nailed on to win might want to reevaluate their positions.

I hope no one put any money on him. 

IMO he has almost certainly been blackmailed not to stand IF he did have 102 votes

I'd imagine there is all manner of shit we have yet to hear about

18 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

IMO he has almost certainly been blackmailed not to stand IF he did have 102 votes

I'd imagine there is all manner of shit we have yet to hear about

He didn’t have 102 nominations.   

23 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Johnson confirms he is not standing for Tory leader although he says he had 102 votes

Is there anything he wont lie about ?

Bad news for Independence

Looks like Sunak will be leader and new PM tomorrow

They weren't going to keep on electing numpties forever. Better news for the economy, but potentially bad news for independence. It's Sunak's to lose now, surely.

Edited by scotlad

20 minutes ago, scotlad said:

They weren't going to keep on electing numpties forever. Better news for the economy, but potentially bad news for independence. It's Sunak's to lose now, surely.

There is no way Sunak will bring the Tory party together

That aside

Sunak was fined for breaking lockdown rules and partygate

His wife's non dom tax status

Boasted that he took funding away from deprived areas when he was chancellor to give to affluent Tory areas

Part of a hedge fund group that shared 100m betting on the 2008 crash

Strong links to right wing think tanks and their proposals like freeports

36 minutes ago, aaid said:

He didn’t have 102 nominations.   

I guess we will never know ...unless Penny Mordaunt gets a big swathe of votes between now and tomorrow

As hard as it is to believe the bare faced liar it is possible he did get 102 votes and it was other considerations that made him decide not to stand

Obviously being a narcissist he doesnt give a fuck about the Tory party or indeed the months of investigations ahead on his behaviour 

One consideration would be a Tory wipe out at the next election regardless of who is in charge

He could be back in 2024

24 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

That aside

Boasted that he took funding away from deprived areas when he was chancellor to give to affluent Tory areas

Probably deals already being struck. They know that if they take it to the members that they're less likely to back Dishi Rishi. He is presentable, articulate, reminiscent of a young Art Malik, seems to have handled the office of chancellor better than the last incumbent. For all that, as you've pointed out, he was right at the heart of Johnson's regime and will carry on with the same agenda. Given the average memory of many voters it will be a shrewd move by the Tories but may not be so much of a disaster for Indy as he may have less emotional baggage about 'losing' Scotland 

20 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I guess we will never know ...unless Penny Mordaunt gets a big swathe of votes between now and tomorrow

As hard as it is to believe the bare faced liar it is possible he did get 102 votes and it was other considerations that made him decide not to stand

Obviously being a narcissist he doesnt give a fuck about the Tory party or indeed the months of investigations ahead on his behaviour 

One consideration would be a Tory wipe out at the next election regardless of who is in charge

He could be back in 2024

Sky had him at 59.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t an MP by Christmas.

I don't see Sunak as being bad for independence, in terms of the next GE. As I said somewhere else recently, I think that the more it's a 'boring' standoff between Sunak and Starmer, and the less the difference between the two UK parties, the more the choice becomes SNP v unionists. If Johnson was standing, the contest might swing to being about getting shot of the abomination that is Johnson, in a charge that would be led nationally by Labour. The more alike are Labour and Tory, the less Labour is likely to be seen as the heroic antidote.  

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

That aside

All true, and if we had a media in this country which did its job he might be in bother. Luckily for him - and unluckily for the rest of us - we don't.

What we do have are a large swathe of the population who are politically disengaged and so clueless as to how the world works that they'd no more know a hedge fund from a hedgehog.

Sunak possesses the obsequious time-share salesman faux-charm which can completely bamboozle these people. He's every bit as dodgy as any Tory to have held high office over the last six years but he's eloquent, presentable and superficially personable. He isn't a bone-idle, shambling, over-sexed, wibbling mess like Johnson; he doesn't give off the stilted, unconvincing, checkout-girl-on-her-first-shift vibes of the hideously over-promoted Truss.  He combs his hair, irons his shirts (okay, there's nae chance he actually irons them himself but he wears ironed shirts), says the right things and makes appropriate facial expressions at the right moments. If he keeps the equally bland Hunt on as Chancellor and if they can somehow steady the ship that will be enough for a lot of people.