The news thread - Page 102 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, thplinth said:

There seems to be resentment of success in a lot of this.

This is essentially how the Marxists seized power. They mobilized the far more numerous economic and societal failures as footsoldiers to overthrow the economic and societal successes. 

Not one of you for one second has enquired if maybe Malcom has worked hard his whole life to enjoy his house... of which he is apparently so rich he has to reopen fireplaces to affordably heat. 

Give Malcom a break. 😀

Cant speak for anyone else but I have absolutely no resentment of Malcolm’s success. I am pretty happy with my own lot and not been entirely unsuccessful in life. I have a bit of a laugh with Malcolm about his house, thats all it is and I am pretty certain he knows it. 
On a more serious note though, we lived in a large house about 15 years ago. My husband hated it, it cost a fortune in maintenance and heating, even then. I talked him into buying it. He called it Castle Greyskull. 
We had it for 5 years. During that period my dad died, he had just retired and had a heart attack.  I put the house up for sale, I knew the house was putting pressure on my husband as he worries more about money than I do. I did not want the worry putting pressure on his heart. 

It was the best  thing I ever did  ( apart from marrying him 🙂 ) . There is no point staying somewhere when you are being over stretched .

Malcolm, sell up, get a wee bungalow and stay  cosy ! 

51 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Cant speak for anyone else but I have absolutely no resentment of Malcolm’s success. I am pretty happy with my own lot and not been entirely unsuccessful in life. I have a bit of a laugh with Malcolm about his house, thats all it is and I am pretty certain he knows it. 
On a more serious note though, we lived in a large house about 15 years ago. My husband hated it, it cost a fortune in maintenance and heating, even then. I talked him into buying it. He called it Castle Greyskull. 
We had it for 5 years. During that period my dad died, he had just retired and had a heart attack.  I put the house up for sale, I knew the house was putting pressure on my husband as he worries more about money than I do. I did not want the worry putting pressure on his heart. 

It was the best  thing I ever did  ( apart from marrying him 🙂 ) . There is no point staying somewhere when you are being over stretched .

Malcolm, sell up, get a wee bungalow and stay  cosy ! 

Agree, don't grudge anyone who has worked hard and earned what they have.

The comment at around the 3.40 mark where he corrects himself saying..."well not working class..." and the camera pans to his dad who smirks and gives someone a knowing look, knowing what shite his son is talking... really not good. He is a fake, even less sincere than Truss IMHO.

I think he will last longer (not hard at 45 days) because he will be much more cautious having seen Truss shoot herself repeatedly in the feet almost from the very start. But how will this cardboard cut-out survive the first real crisis. He is a snake oil salesman, while truthfully it is all about him and fulfilling his and his families ambitions. The worst thing is he thinks he is up to the job exactly the same as Truss did. He really isn't. He will just sell us out to his banker buddies as that is all he knows.

I really struggle to think of a worse person to lead the country right now. He will have zero ability to relate to any of the people on the sharp end of it these coming months.

Tories are now irretrievably fucked. And they are 'running' the country.

Edited by thplinth

Hard to see the BBC etc going easy on him given the absolute mission they went on to get rid of Bojo and Truss although it was a more a case of Truss imploding at mere swimming pool depths. But all this post Bojo chaos was very predictable. So it seems to me that Sir Keir has been given the nod and the BBC will be looking to precipitate a GE as early as possible. They might be a bit tentative on slagging him off at first due to fear of the race card getting played on them but for how long...

IMHO Sunak has that ability 'to die on stage' like a bad comic (same as Truss). You could see him freezing like a rabbit in the headlights very similar to Truss. Paper thin I think. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

This isn’t going away.  

She got sacked for potentially facilitating insider dealing. Whether any insider dealing actually took place, should be part of a serious enquiry. But even if it didn't, that shouldn't get her off the hook. How can she walk straight back into a job just because she helped to get the next PM elected? The tories are corrupt to the core. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

She got sacked for potentially facilitating insider dealing. Whether any insider dealing actually took place, should be part of a serious enquiry. But even if it didn't, that shouldn't get her off the hook. How can she walk straight back into a job just because she helped to get the next PM elected? The tories are corrupt to the core. 

The UK has a diet Rees mog at its helm now, this PM is so far out of touch with the country, appointment someone like braverman to a high profile position won't be seen as wrong to him

If Labour lose the next GE they should disband because the tories are handing them the keys on a silver platter 

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The UK has a diet Rees mog at its helm now, this PM is so far out of touch with the country, appointment someone like braverman to a high profile position won't be seen as wrong to him

If Labour lose the next GE they should disband because the tories are handing them the keys on a silver platter 

He wont last until next summer. The Braverman shenanigans will prove to be his undoing

5 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

He wont last until next summer. The Braverman shenanigans will prove to be his undoing

I haven't been keeping up but was genuinely stunned to see braverman re-appointed. I keep thinking this version of tories can't surprise me anymore but they always find a way.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I haven't been keeping up but was genuinely stunned to see braverman re-appointed. I keep thinking this version of tories can't surprise me anymore but they always find a way.

Sunak obviously shat the bed when he thought Boris was on his way back, so he decided he had to do a deal with the devil. Part of that deal was to give the devil her job back. These corrupt evil bastards will stop at nothing in their quest for power.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

She really is a nasty, vicious horrible individuals. One of the most vile politicians I have came across and that's same something given she is a Tory.

Read somewhere that before entering Parliament she was suspended from practising law in New York State. How the fuck someone like that is in charge of national security beggars belief

GRA Reform Act passes at Stage 1 88 to 33.  All Labour, SNP and Greens voted yes.  Most Tories and 7 SNP voted No. 4 abstentions.

I watched the debate mostly it was pretty balanced and respectful.  Surprisingly - for me - I found myself agreeing pretty much with everything that Jamie Greene said.  Tess White went full on culture war and Pam Gosal was dripping transphobia.

I suspect the bill will be quite heavily amended to get through though. 

Edited by aaid

46 minutes ago, aaid said:

GRA Reform Act passes at Stage 1 88 to 33.  All Labour, SNP and Greens voted yes.  Most Tories and 7 SNP voted No. 4 abstentions.

I watched the debate mostly it was pretty balanced and respectful.  Surprisingly - for me - I found myself agreeing pretty much with everything that Jamie Greene said.  Tess White went full on culture war and Pam Gosal was dripping transphobia.

I suspect the bill will be quite heavily amended to get through though. 

it’s loony left policy like this that has pushed me away from the snp.

27 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

it’s loony left policy like this that has pushed me away from the snp.

It’s not particularly “loony left”.  The Lib Dems for example support it and you wouldn’t call them left wing.  As a contrast, Alba, who like to portray them as to the left of the SNP are against. 

The Tories were in favour of reform as well, both under Theresa May for England and Ruth Davidson in Scotland until Boris Johnson ditched reform to make it into a culture war wedge issue. 

Edited by aaid

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

It’s not particularly “loony left”.  The Lib Dems for example support it and you wouldn’t call them left wing.  As a contrast, Alba, who like to portray them as to the left of the SNP are against. 

fair enough… just loony then.

7 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

She really is a nasty, vicious horrible individuals. One of the most vile politicians I have came across and that's same something given she is a Tory.

Read somewhere that before entering Parliament she was suspended from practising law in New York State. How the fuck someone like that is in charge of national security beggars belief

And in the last few days she's been caught out exaggerating/lying through her teeth about her role in a law book!

https://www-standard-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/suella-braverman-accused-faking-contribution-law-textbook-b1030013.html?amp=&amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16669014721845&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.standard.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Fsuella-braverman-accused-faking-contribution-law-textbook-b1030013.html