The news thread - Page 96 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

35 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

How would it be possible for her to do anything else?

I am not sure what (in the post you quoted) drew out this question but you don't think it was possible for her to do anything else?

Wrong thread, but I can think of one thing in particular she could have done differently, that would have changed a lot IMHO. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thplinth supporting Johnson and making it Sturgeon’s fault is classic 2022 TAMB.   Amazes me that people don’t see through him.

Anyway, people quoting numbers supporting candidate X who don’t provide lists of names are lying, even if they have lists, the people on the lists maybe lying themselves.   They do this for one reason and one reason only and that is to make their candidate seem more popular than they are to try and attract waverers.  

At this point, the only numbers that are important are those from the final run off in July.

Truss 113
Sunak 137
Mordaunt 105

13 hours ago, thplinth said:

Really. Who do you think will?

I'd say he will be the only one at this point. 

I guess we will see.

If it doesn't go to the members, my money is on Sunak.

Johnson isn't as popular as you might think. A number of Tories have threatened to resign the whip and sit as independents if he does get back in

Johnson coming back might be the best bit of a complete shit sandwich. The mere prospect of Braverman going for it absolutely terrifies me. In terms of being a complete swivel eyes uber right wing nutter, she makes Norman Tebbit sane in comparison

Edited by King Of Paisley

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The media got rid of Johnson by telling the truth of what the cunt was up to ?

They should have kept it secret ?

Exactly this. Posted at the time but I'm with Mark Thomas regarding Johnson and I'd like to think the majority of the UK electorate will be too...

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I am not sure what (in the post you quoted) drew out this question but you don't think it was possible for her to do anything else?

Wrong thread, but I can think of one thing in particular she could have done differently, that would have changed a lot IMHO. 

The bit that I highlighted.

54 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Exactly this. Posted at the time but I'm with Mark Thomas regarding Johnson and I'd like to think the majority of the UK electorate will be too...

That was a bit rubbish to be honest. 😀

I've been sitting here for months as the UK lurches into the biggest economic and social crisis since the 70's and during the whole period we have been effectively without a functioning PM. How long did it take to select the wally that was Truss. It went on forever and now look at the raging bin fire she has left behind.

And over what exactly? Some parties during lockdown and people not wearing masks? ooooOOOooooo whoopy fucking doo. 😀

Well ok if you think that was so grave a crime that it was worth all of this chaos during a time when we really needed a functioning PM (yes even Johnson is better than nothing and a lot better than Truss or any of the other arsehole candidates we saw) then that is your view, not mine though.

We are stuck with these ghouls until the next GE and looking at the choices on offer as PM who is less worse than Johnson?

All this over a few fucking parties... madness. 

Edited by thplinth

26 minutes ago, thplinth said:

That was a bit rubbish to be honest. 😀

I've been sitting here for months as the UK lurches into the biggest economic and social crisis since the 70's and during the whole period we have been effectively without a functioning PM. How long did it take to select the wally that was Truss. It went on forever and now look at the raging bin fire she has left behind.

And over what exactly? Some parties during lockdown and people not wearing masks? ooooOOOooooo whoopy fucking doo. 😀

Well ok if you think that was so grave a crime that it was worth all of this chaos during a time when we really needed a functioning PM (yes even Johnson is better than nothing and a lot better than Truss or any of the other arsehole candidates we saw) then that is your view, not mine though.

We are stuck with these ghouls until the next GE and looking at the choices on offer as PM who is less worse than Johnson?

All this over a few fucking parties... madness. 

Just incase you forgot.

https://costofjohnson.com

13 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Likely a bit off topic ; but lot in the news about cost of living crisis etc

am convinced people will still be browbeat into ploughing thousands into worthless tat in the month of december ; when lot of it is not needed ; not wanted - and thats just the packaging 

Like the folk who buy their toilet rolls in sheep packaging? 😉

14 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

am convinced people will still be browbeat into ploughing thousands into worthless tat in the month of december ; when lot of it is not needed ; not wanted - and thats just the packaging 

You won't need to wait until December. Have you seen the amount of halloween shit in the shops just now?

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Just incase you forgot.

https://costofjohnson.com

Oh no i didn't forget. But in case you forgot almost all of that was done BEFORE he won a historic Thatcher like landslide GE. That's the British public for you.

This makes Bojo the only one among them who can claim to have any kind of mandate from the public. You recognize it yourself. Which is why he might well get his job back. I don't see how the tories have much alternative at this stage. Unless the slithery one makes his move. (shudder)

29 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You won't need to wait until December. Have you seen the amount of halloween shit in the shops just now?

I just thought of that after posting tbh 

our costs as kids were typically a neep - usually a cows turnip so free ; a made up costume - okay crap by todays standards - the penny for the guy was supposed to fund the box of standard fireworks - sounds almost dickensian now

way worse in north america where entire year revolves around a “hallmark” calendar - only need to look at their hijacking of st patricks day for evidence of that ( after valentines day stuff cleared )

am just waiting for the revisionist historians to call for the end of thanksgiving ( biggest hol in US seemingly as non denominational )  but does have darker origins - biting the hand that feeds you …

If we make every election (Scottish and UK) a vote on Independence by making it the only stated policy in the SNP manifesto then...

...if we get 50%+ of the votes cast that is enough to legitimize our right to at least hold a referendum without the UK's approval nor agreement.

...if we achieve 50%+ of the entire electorate in an election then it legitimizes a UDI.

You need to prove you have the mandate. You do that by making every election a referendum.

(Those orange nutters will go berserk no matter how it is done. So fuck em.)

Edited by thplinth

45 minutes ago, aaid said:

Remember the shit that the media used to go on about the Militant Tendency in the 1980s and 90s.  No-one raises any doubts about the ERG.

Genuinely hadn't heard of them cheers but presumably they got treatment like Jeremy Corbyn with bells on.  

From the Tory perspective I get their tactic in that they hope they can fool enough of the people for enough of the next 2 years to forget Boris and his mob are complete twats.  I get Labour's strategy of basically reminding everyone they're crooked twats for the next 2 years.  

What do the SNP do because out of chaos usually comes great opportunity?

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Oh no i didn't forget. But in case you forgot almost all of that was done BEFORE he won a historic Thatcher like landslide GE. That's the British public for you.

This makes Bojo the only one among them who can claim to have any kind of mandate from the public. You recognize it yourself. Which is why he might well get his job back. I don't see how the tories have much alternative at this stage. Unless the slithery one makes his move. (shudder)

I agree he is the only one with a mandate, but a few illegal parties is not the only reason he was binned, that is too simple . Nor is he remotely affable. No wonder folk vote for him if that is how he is described by someone who thinks he is a fanny. He is, in his own language, a cad and a bounder. 

Talking of which, do you mean Gove ? Surely not ? 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

I agree he is the only one with a mandate, but a few illegal parties is not the only reason he was binned, that is too simple . Nor is he remotely affable. No wonder folk vote for him if that is how he is described by someone who thinks he is a fanny. He is, in his own language, a cad and a bounder. 

Talking of which, do you mean Gove ? Surely not ? 

The reason he was kicked out was because he tried to cover up for a sexual predator.  That was the straw that broke the camels back.

24 minutes ago, aaid said:

That was the straw that broke the camels back.

Which is the operative phrase regarding Johnson's final misdemeanors in office. 

The man is a dangerous buffoon who was the worst Prime Minister in living memory (and by that I mean anyone still alive not just me).

That the Tory membership managed to replace him with someone even poorer in the job defies explanation. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Like the folk who buy their toilet rolls in sheep packaging? 😉

😁

3 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Exhibit A. That white box on the left came in this brown box with all this packaging. 

3AE67073-730F-46CF-A943-CE122178293C.jpeg