Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 288 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

3 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Wont be £7 million up front. Hopefully spread over a long period.

Unless the board plan on us winning the Europa League.

They just seem to have a scattergun approach to their recruitment, fairly bloated and unbalanced. 

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

And signs for Utd

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Dundee Utd

Looks like St Mirren have elbowed their way in and he's going to them instead.

Graham Dorrans has had his contract at Rangers ripped up. He should probably retire, he's far too injury prone.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Kent is a good player. £7m? It’s more and more difficult to put correct prices on players so who knows however the bigger question is where is the cash coming from? 

Don't you be worrying about things like that mucker.  It's not all about the Rangers kid.  Congratulate Lennon and your own team.  Played well yesterday and won the 3 points.  And 3 points are all they are.  Still not heard any praise for Lennon on here.  Apart from me.  Strange.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Kent is a good player. £7m? It’s more and more difficult to put correct prices on players so who knows however the bigger question is where is the cash coming from? 

I was a bit surprised, given all the hype about him, to read earlier he had 6 goals and 6 assists last season.

I'd have expected it to have been much higher.

15 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Looks like St Mirren have elbowed their way in and he's going to them instead.

Graham Dorrans has had his contract at Rangers ripped up. He should probably retire, he's far too injury prone.

Where did Broadfoot end up?  Not at United thankfully.

20 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I can only get 7 without stretching the definition to include likes of Dorrans and Dodoo. 😂

Hastie

Murphy

Jones

Aribo

Middleton (on loan)

Ojo

Barker

Hastie away, Middleton away, Dorrans away, Aribo is not a winger, Dodoo is not a winger.  

So 4 aye?

20 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

To be honest I always felt decking Scott Brown and taking the piss out of a gubbed Lustig made him look better than he was. He'll be an improvement of course, but for £7million I'd be after a lot more.

Its difficult to get more for £7m than him though.  Its not exactly an inspiring place to come and play.  I do get that though.

He was a step above in a lot of games 2nd half of the season, and he is now here for 4 seasons.  I'm certain he will be one of the better / best players in the league for the majority of that time.  

13 minutes ago, Emoji said:

Its difficult to get more for £7m than him though.  Its not exactly an inspiring place to come and play.  I do get that though.

He was a step above in a lot of games 2nd half of the season, and he is now here for 4 seasons.  I'm certain he will be one of the better / best players in the league for the majority of that time.  

The same second half of the season were Rangers went from being level on points with Celtic to Celtic winning the league by 9 

1 hour ago, Emoji said:

I’d disagree. The £7million price tag is based on where he’s coming from.

I think Ryan Kent’s contribution last season has been overstated. He scored less goals than Jake Hastie in nearly twice as many games, his contribution is absolutely dwarfed by that of David Turnbull (who was available for £3million) and that’s just from one team that finished in the bottom 6.

I’ll bow to the superior knowledge of folk who watch rangers week in week out, but I was impressed with him in one of the early European games (UFA away I think) and a couple of games towards the end of the season. Posted missing all autumn.

He looks like a decent player who might get you out your seat now and again, but I think to suggest you wouldn’t get better for £7 million is a stretch.

When he’s collecting his PoTY award, I’ll eat humble pie. 😂

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I’d disagree. The £7million price tag is based on where he’s coming from.

I think Ryan Kent’s contribution last season has been overstated. He scored less goals than Jake Hastie in nearly twice as many games, his contribution is absolutely dwarfed by that of David Turnbull (who was available for £3million) and that’s just from one team that finished in the bottom 6.

I’ll bow to the superior knowledge of folk who watch rangers week in week out, but I was impressed with him in one of the early European games (UFA away I think) and a couple of games towards the end of the season. Posted missing all autumn.

He looks like a decent player who might get you out your seat now and again, but I think to suggest you wouldn’t get better for £7 million is a stretch.

When he’s collecting his PoTY award, I’ll eat humble pie. 😂

He reminds me a bit of Lovenkrands.  Has the potential to do really good things but is nowhere near consistent enough.  I'll be hoping for £7M or whatever that is that we see that consistency more often this season.  Of all the wingers we have still at the club he'd be my first pick for a jersey every week though.