Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 286 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Forster to sign today. He’s not played 1st team football regularly for nearly 2 years. That sums up our recruitment strategy. 

Absolutely rotten aye, guys not kicked a ball in nearly two years and was awful at Southampton before he got dropped.  We've needed a proper goalkeeper for about 3 years, this is just another temporary solution that doesn't actually tackle the problem.

I’d say goalkeepers more so than outfield positions can come in out the cold and perform. Provided he’s fit and has the appetite Forster is a great signing.

He wasn’t playing regular football when he arrived at parkhead the 1st time and he did ok.

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

He wasn’t playing regular football when he arrived at parkhead the 1st time and he did ok.

He had spent the previous season on loan at Norwich where he had been No. 1 for almost all the games.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’d say goalkeepers more so than outfield positions can come in out the cold and perform. Provided he’s fit and has the appetite Forster is a great signing.

Untrue.

We are hugely guilty as a support of going all dewy eyed when ex players are linked and believing that they’ll perform as well if not better than they did first time around. It’s embarrassing and pathetic.

Hopefully he’s signing on a pay as you play basis as I can’t imagine his wages will be small.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

You think?  I'll give you Neil Sullivan when he was still Scotland goalkeeper and wasn't playing for his club at the time (Chelsea, IIRC)

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He had spent the previous season on loan at Norwich where he had been No. 1 for almost all the games.

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

He signed on the back of a 40 game campaign for Norwich and being voted their POTY.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Untrue.

We are hugely guilty as a support of going all dewy eyed when ex players are linked and believing that they’ll perform as well if not better than they did first time around. It’s embarrassing and pathetic.

Hopefully he’s signing on a pay as you play basis as I can’t imagine his wages will be small.

Shows you what I know. 😂

Regardless, he got called up to the England squad and got a move to the EPL off the back of his performances for Celtic last time, he’s 31, probably peak years for a goalkeeper.

I think that’s a good signing.

I think both Motherwell goalkeepers are better than Scott Bain and age and injuries have taken their toll on Gordon.

On 8/24/2019 at 9:04 AM, giblet said:

Hibees sign Melker Hallberg. Swedish midfielder. Classic Hibee signing.  Boy has lost his way last couple of seasons from signing for Udinese.

I thought dross from England's lower leagues was the strategy now. 

I see we've signed Bauer (RB) on a season long loan from Stoke 🙄 Meling now looking more likely than Taylor apparently. That and some EPL wannabe on loan and we'll be done. Fuckin brutal Celtic! 

Edited by slasher

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

For St Johnstone?

From Aberdeen. We had by far our best spell of the season between October & December when May was being a workhorse behind Cosgrove and was then dropped, never to be seen again because of that utter donkey Stewart. Aberdeen will never be a team that has two 20 goal a season strikers in it, so it wasn’t vital that May wasn’t scoring regularly. 

#mcinnesoot

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

From Aberdeen. We had by far our best spell of the season between October & December when May was being a workhorse behind Cosgrove and was then dropped, never to be seen again because of that utter donkey Stewart. Aberdeen will never be a team that has two 20 goal a season strikers in it, so it wasn’t vital that May wasn’t scoring regularly. 

#mcinnesoot

But May is an absolute donkey, I know you’re saying he was a workhorse, but he should have been put down. His goalscoring record was abysmal. Aberdeen need much better than him.