Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 293 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers linked with Ianis Hagi, son of Gheorghe, on loan from Genk.

Looks legit.  He'll get a big welcome to Scottish football on Saturday if he is fit to play with the top of the hammer throwers league in town, kicked to fuck.  Looks decent though and apparently was outstanding in young Euros last year????  Be interesting to see if reports are correct.  Starting to look a bit thin on the ground and the performances are rank, need a lift.

1 hour ago, WCTA said:

He becomes more likeable by the day. Enjoying his spiel today. 👍

His attitude is spot-on. Loads of folk will still moan like fuck about us picking a ‘player from a diddy league’ however the only reason he is at United this season is because when he was a teenager and he left Queens Park for Aberdeen he said it was far too big a step for him to take and he struggled (in hindsight). When he left Ayr last year there was bigger clubs that Dundee United sniffing around but he knew if he continued his form, banged in the goals and helped United win the League he’d have a choice of a few big clubs a year later. He didn’t want to make the same mistake twice in making such a big move too soon. The fact he’s already an internationalist with a goal to his name shows what a good decision that was to use United as a stepping-stone. 

His comments today about carrying on with United until the end of the season so he cements his place in the Scotland squad for the play-offs is so refreshing. Putting his Scotland place before a big money move down south - he seems a very level headed laddie 👍🏼

1 minute ago, McTeeko said:

His attitude is spot-on. Loads of folk will still moan like fuck about us picking a ‘player from a diddy league’ however the only reason he is at United this season is because when he was a teenager and he left Queens Park for Aberdeen he said it was far too big a step for him to take and he struggled (in hindsight). When he left Ayr last year there was bigger clubs that Dundee United sniffing around but he knew if he continued his form, banged in the goals and helped United win the League he’d have a choice of a few big clubs a year later. He didn’t want to make the same mistake twice in making such a big move too soon. The fact he’s already an internationalist with a goal to his name shows what a good decision that was to use United as a stepping-stone. 

His comments today about carrying on with United until the end of the season so he cements his place in the Scotland squad for the play-offs is so refreshing. Putting his Scotland place before a big money move down south - he seems a very level headed laddie 👍🏼

I was one who questioned picking him. I said I would love to be proved wrong. I’m loving his comments today. He is fast becoming a very likeable guy. I’d rather have a team of guys with his attitude than a team of McBurnies. 

6 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I was one who questioned picking him. I said I would love to be proved wrong. I’m loving his comments today. He is fast becoming a very likeable guy. I’d rather have a team of guys with his attitude than a team of McBurnies. 

You weren’t the only one. He is miles above Championship standard. His all round game is quality. People don’t see it though as the Championship isn’t covered anywhere, they just think ‘diddy league standard’. 

By the way, fair do’s to his agent too for not getting him out Tannadice in this window. Would be easy money for both of them. 

Edit - Shankland, a fit Naisy and a goal scoring Griffiths in the last couple of weeks and suddenly we’re looking no too bad up front.

Edited by McTeeko

59 minutes ago, Debian said:

Kamberi to Rangers on loan with Barker going the other way.   Keep hearing murmurs that Scott Allan is also being looked at

Don’t know much about Kamberi but suppose he’s not likely to play much if Defoe gets fit and Morelos stays unsuspended. 

Edited by Fairbairn

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Don’t know much about Kamberi but suppose he’s not likely to play much if Defoe gets fit and Morelos stays unsuspended. 

Defoe “had a fall” On Wednesday, and you don’t recover as quick at his age. 😜

Kidding aside, if there was any slight chance they were considering selling Morelos, this could be a blessing in disguise.

Morelos must be due a ban for totting up yellow cards he had 5 in 2 games apparently. 😂

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

This actually looks like a good signing

Certainly looks like the type of signing clubs of Aberdeen’s level should be trying to make. Young, already an international and looking for a platform to win a move down south so potential to make a bit of money on the deal.