Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 290 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Linking any decent player with the old filth depending on who they are playing that week.

That's not an agenda. That's trying to push up their shite sales figures. 

You obviously think there's a reason behind this behaviour and I just wanted to know what you think. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

My question is why? What's in it for the papers to unsettle a player? 

Helps the filthy Huns chances of a positive result and the writers to continue the Hun wank fest. It’s not rocket science however I’m happy to spell it out for you. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

My question is why? What's in it for the papers to unsettle a player? 

29 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Helps the filthy Huns chances of a positive result and the writers to continue the Hun wank fest. It’s not rocket science however I’m happy to spell it out for you. 

Pretty much that.

Players are too professional these days to spend the week doing an “Owen Coyle” 

😜

The papers don’t really want to talk about Motherwell or Hearts, so they’ll always find an old firm angle.

40 minutes ago, macy37 said:

So when stories come out about bids for Rangers players that helps us how? 

Or maybe, more halfwits buy the papers when they have speculation like that in them? 

Your theory also doesn't work for when Celtic are about to play a team and a fake interest pops up about a player. 

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Pretty much that.

Players are too professional these days to spend the week doing an “Owen Coyle” 

😜

The papers don’t really want to talk about Motherwell or Hearts, so they’ll always find an old firm angle.

I don't think it's anything as intelligent as that, as it basically wouldn't work. 

Maybe there are more gullible OF fans that buy papers for this type of shite? 

11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Maybe there are more gullible OF fans that buy papers for this type of shite? 

Yeah, your back pages are pretty much an even split 60/40 rangers one day, 60/40 Celtic next, then 2 pages about each inside.

Any Motherwell story is either very short with factual errors, or old firm orientated.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Yeah, your back pages are pretty much an even split 60/40 rangers one day, 60/40 Celtic next, then 2 pages about each inside.

Any Motherwell story is either very short with factual errors, or old firm orientated.

I would tend to agree with this. Often in the sun, it’ll be 5 or 6 pages in before another team is mentioned and even then it’ll be a 1/4 or 1/2 page. 

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So when stories come out about bids for Rangers players that helps us how? 

Or maybe, more halfwits buy the papers when they have speculation like that in them? 

Your theory also doesn't work for when Celtic are about to play a team and a fake interest pops up about a player. 

They need to do this to look impartial however only a fukwit would know it’s not done on a 80/20 Hun sliding scale. 

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Exactly my point. There's no corruption or favouritism. It's just laziness and sales. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Probably some truth in that. It’s Livi they’ve got at weekend.

From a Rangers poi t of view, I hope we are. He looks like a cracking keeper from what I've seen. 

It'd be a blow for St Mirren though, as he's regularly one of their best players. 

12 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

From a Rangers poi t of view, I hope we are. He looks like a cracking keeper from what I've seen. 

It'd be a blow for St Mirren though, as he's regularly one of their best players. 

Would you not agree that it would be better for Robby McCrorie to get himself transferred permanently to another club ?

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Would you not agree that it would be better for Robby McCrorie to get himself transferred permanently to another club ?

Probably. Unless McGregor is going to retire at the end of the season. Although the rumour is Foderingham is leaving in the summer, so it would mean there's still only 3 keepers. 

I suppose it would depend on the boys level of confidence. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Does Carson play regularly. Would doubt he would move to be a sub if so. 

He was the number one, but got DVT last year, and only returned at the start of the season, but Gillespie has done so well he’s never got back in.

Consensus is Gillespie was signed as a replacement for Carson, but Carson never left due to being out with his DVT.

Carson is a really good keeper I’d say we have 2 of the 5 best keepers in Scotland in Carson and Gillespie. Was getting games for NI before his injury too.

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

He was the number one, but got DVT last year, and only returned at the start of the season, but Gillespie has done so well he’s never got back in.

Consensus is Gillespie was signed as a replacement for Carson, but Carson never left due to being out with his DVT.

Carson is a really good keeper I’d say we have 2 of the 5 best keepers in Scotland in Carson and Gillespie. Was getting games for NI before his injury too.

Oh yeah. I remember him now. He wouldn’t oust Lewis, but a decent back up to fight with cerny, who’s contract may be expiring. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Oh yeah. I remember him now. He wouldn’t oust Lewis, but a decent back up to fight with cerny, who’s contract may be expiring. 

I wouldn’t swap you Carson or Gillespie for Lewis, I’d struggle to separate the 3.

We could’ve got decent money for Carson, but we got him for £10k, so he’d leave with everyone’s best wishes. Would be good for him to get back playing. Can’t see him leaving Motherwell to sit in the bench at Aberdeen? Doesn’t make sense.

• 2 weeks later...