Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 292 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

It was in the tabloids earlier in the week that Celtic had someone watching him at a recent game. As you say he’s a big Rangers fan but the Scott Allan affair showed us that goes for nothing these days! 

Scott Broon tae.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Defoe on the verge of being offered a contract. Well deserved. Great role model for fellow pros at the club. 

one of the few "big names" who haven't just looked at playing in Scotland as a chance to top up their pension

Edited by dan cake

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Jordan Jones and Brandon Barker apparently on the way out at Rangers.  Not surprising as neither were really good enough.  Barker apparently on in excess of £10K a week though!! :wtf:

Both are decent enough as back up but that's about it. If they two go then would you expect them to bring at least one in?

50 minutes ago, Mox said:

Both are decent enough as back up but that's about it. If they two go then would you expect them to bring at least one in?

We'll have went from having about 20 wingers to having 1 in Kent.  We'll have shipped out Grezda, Murphy, Jones, Barker and Middleton (assuming he goes on loan again).  Further proof that Mark Allen's transfer strategy was horrific.  I'm assuming he's clearing the decks to free up funds to bring someone else in.

1 minute ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Has Barker not only been there half a year?:lol:

Same as Jones.  We'd chased Jones for a while but Barker was clearly only brought in as we thought we weren't getting Kent.

32 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

We'll have went from having about 20 wingers to having 1 in Kent.  We'll have shipped out Grezda, Murphy, Jones, Barker and Middleton (assuming he goes on loan again).  Further proof that Mark Allen's transfer strategy was horrific.  I'm assuming he's clearing the decks to free up funds to bring someone else in.

Same as Jones.  We'd chased Jones for a while but Barker was clearly only brought in as we thought we weren't getting Kent.

I'm a bit surprised that Barker is going before Stewart is.  Suspect that comes down to a signing v loan signing and wages.

Just now, SMcoolJ said:

I'm a bit surprised that Barker is going before Stewart is.  Suspect that comes down to a signing v loan signing and wages.

Both of them are permanent signings.  Stewart hasn't played much but has looked quite bright anytime I've seen him.  Barker is rotten.  And has a terrible haircut.

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Both of them are permanent signings.  Stewart hasn't played much but has looked quite bright anytime I've seen him.  Barker is rotten.  And has a terrible haircut.

Aye, that would swing it for me.  Canna be doing with dodgy haircuts.  

I really liked Stewart.  Too much of a football player for McInnes though and probably not enough of the headless chicken defensive winger type that he likes..

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Jordan Jones and Brandon Barker apparently on the way out at Rangers.  Not surprising as neither were really good enough.  Barker apparently on in excess of £10K a week though!! :wtf:

Who is going to pick up that tab?

:shocked:

Can’t see teams queuing up to take him off your wage bill.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:48 AM, WCTA said:

Saints sign defender Jamie McCart from Caley on a pre-contract. Started his career with Celtic. 
Just realised he is Chris McCart’s laddie. 

He’s joined straight away. Could play against Celtic. 

41 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Aiden McGeady in the stand tonight at Easter Road, replacement for Boyle?

Jack Ross/Sunderland connection makes sense. No rush to sign him if he’s a free agent (did they release him, or just say he could go?)

See Hastie back at Rangers, started well at  Rotherham then got figured out....

23 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I suppose that's what comes from having a first team contract with Man City at the start of your career. Someone in the Championship will probably take him and match those wages.

I'm not sure - he was pretty crap at Preston.