Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 283 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 minute ago, Davied14 said:

Am I the only person who thinks the Tierney deal has been for for weeks (if not months)? Announce it on deadline day so it looks like Celtic squeezed the best possible deal from Arsenal and Celtic don't play him so he doesn't get injured?

I think he is injured, Celtic probably felt uneasy taking all that money for an injured player. 😜

1 hour ago, Davied14 said:

Am I the only person who thinks the Tierney deal has been for for weeks (if not months)? Announce it on deadline day so it looks like Celtic squeezed the best possible deal from Arsenal and Celtic don't play him so he doesn't get injured?

I would imagine verbally it had been agreed between Celtic and Tierney and Arsenal and Tierney that the transfer is 90% complete. Celtic and Arsenal just needed to iron out the differences. I don't think there's been anything underhand to save face for Celtic, Tierney or Arsenal. Just a difference in valuation.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

13 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Is Kieran Tierney all that?

Reminds me of a young Lee Wallace. 😬

From a Scotland viewpoint I hope he proves he is all that.

I think he'll be our first choice left-back within 18 months of playing down there, unless of course, he's the first choice right-back.  

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Rangers have knocked back an imaginary offer for Morelos and await an improved imaginary offer.

£10 million + from West Brom.

😂😂😂

Rangers have insisted that no bid was made.

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Supposedly the deal is done. Don't know much about him . Rare appearances for Man City and a number of loan spells. Winger, aged 22. 

Thank God, we were running short of wingers in the squad.  :rolleyes:

Seriously, what's the logic in sending Middleton out on loan and bringing in a guy who wasn't a first pick for Hibs and seems to have breadsticks for hamstrings?!

Greg Taylor signing next week allegedly for 900k. Apparently we are also going to try and tempt the sheep with a £4m offer for McKenna 🙄

Can't pretend I'm overly enthusiastic about either although someone has pointed out we are near the knuckle for home grown players for Europe. 

Edited by slasher

14 minutes ago, slasher said:

Greg Taylor signing next week allegedly for 900k. Apparently we are also going to try and tempt the sheep with a £4m offer for McKenna 🙄

Can't pretend I'm overly enthusiastic about either although someone has pointed out we are near the knuckle for home grown players for Europe. 

Aberdeen should counter by offering ten bob for McGregor. Play their game.