Season 22/23 - Page 72 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Time for Livi to either change their pitch back to grass or be thrown out of the spl, surely a plastic pitch shouldn’t have games postponed due to a frozen pitch 🤬

Common miaconception. These pitches arent all weather as they are often described.  They tend to stand up much better to rain but snow and ice will affect them just as much as grass.

Saying that, Livi's pitch is particuarly poor.

8 hours ago, kumnio said:

That Aberdeen score is quite humiliating. Thought they played very well on Sunday, but getting humped 5-0 is a shocker.

I hope that's it for Goodwin. The away record, the signing of Richardson and  Stewart, making Stewart captain, continuing to play Stewart, making us a team  with as much Scots as celtic and rangers...........  

16 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

I know there's many problems in Scottish football but the standard of managers in the top league in recent seasons is awful.  

That’s what happens when you’ve got peanuts to spend on managers let alone players. I laughed when Aberdeen got Goodwin, i mean in what world was he the right man for job. But effectively it doesn’t matter, there is no players or managers within the budgets of the other clubs to get near the old firm.

20 minutes ago, Debian said:

Are fans part of the problem? Killie and Aberdeen take more fans to a semi than they'd bring in to a normal home game. 

Yes they are, because a large majority of them don’t support their local team up and down the country 

11 minutes ago, JECK said:

Yes they are, because a large majority of them don’t support their local team up and down the country 

I'm talking non OF clubs.  Where are these bodies for regular SPFL games?  Where's the attraction of 90 minutes of bile against the OF

Too many football fans in Scotland don't support their local teams, don't understand it, is it glory hunting, Ma Da supported them, or any other daft reason ?

It's rife in every town in Scotland from the borders to the highlands, fuckn bams the lot of them.

1 hour ago, Debian said:

Are fans part of the problem? Killie and Aberdeen take more fans to a semi than they'd bring in to a normal home game. 

Its hardly surprising, football fans the world over are glory hunters. Rangers and Celtic fill their grounds because they have a huge chance of success, their fans latch on to that

The cup is one of the very few opportunities for Non OF to maybe taste success although the chances of that are less than they used to be

10 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Common miaconception. These pitches arent all weather as they are often described.  They tend to stand up much better to rain but snow and ice will affect them just as much as grass.

Saying that, Livi's pitch is particuarly poor.

I thought under soil heating was a requirement to get into the top league, surely it would work under plastic as well but it’s nae the 1st Livi game postponed due to a frozen pitch.

44 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Too many football fans in Scotland don't support their local teams, don't understand it, is it glory hunting, Ma Da supported them, or any other daft reason ?

It's rife in every town in Scotland from the borders to the highlands, fuckn bams the lot of them.

For a large percentage it's bigotry

49 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

I was born half a mile from Ibrox. 🙂

16 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

I thought under soil heating was a requirement to get into the top league, surely it would work under plastic as well but it’s nae the 1st Livi game postponed due to a frozen pitch.

No idea what the rules are now. Used to have a minimum stadia criteria but that got done away with.