Season 22/23 - Page 74 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Hearts were very average today, but still won comfortably. Shankland should certainly be ahead of nisbet for a Scotland squad place.

I’d have them both in the squad. Seems like it’s been a while since we’ve had a glut of Scottish strikers in good form with Ross Stewart playing well too. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/22/2023 at 6:18 PM, EddardStark said:

Mega fail on the copy and paste. 

qtr finals I’m going for 

Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Livingston, Motherwell, Ayr Utd, Dundee Utd. 

posts that didnt age well

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

Dave Cormack backing Jim Goodwin with one hand while grabbing the knife with other really is something else. I thought that Dundee had the biggest Yank wank in John Nelms, but DC might be edging ahead.

I am no fan of his but where has he stabbed Goodwin in the back?

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

That’s some statement from Dave Cormack. The pressure on Goodwin going into the Hibs game will be incredible. 

Goodwin shouldn’t be under pressure on Saturday, he should be at home finishing his packing & loading up the removals van.

14 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Goodwin shouldn’t be under pressure on Saturday, he should be at home finishing his packing & loading up the removals van.

Luckily for Aberdeen fans Goodwin only has 18 months left on his contract Lee Johnson has 40! Saturday could be the first 2 teams have been booed onto the park 

16 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

yes Aberdeen are on a terrible run and yes it was hugely humiliating but they are still 5th in the league.

not my club but I think he deserves some time.  Robbie Neilson could have been sacked after Brora but gas gone on to achieve a lot.

Before the Darvel game I would have agreed with you but not many managers survive a result like that with Goodwin’s body of work before it. Time will tell if Cormack is being brave or foolhardy.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Before the Darvel game I would have agreed with you but not many managers survive a result like that with Goodwin’s body of work before it. Time will tell if Cormack is being brave or foolhardy.

The Darvel debacle should have been the final nail for Goodwin, we’ve had terrible results all season especially away from home, they persist in playing the ball backwards & across the defenders with no pace at all, then they do it again before giving it to captain calamity Anthony Stewart who then plays it aimlessly forward & usually to an opponent, absolutely dire & Goodwins done nothing to change it.

Must admit, Goodwin has some balls.  The easiest thing would be to walk away.  My Jambo mate said that Hibs were the better team last week despite the 3-0 scoreline.  So another tough, maybe last, test for Goodwin and the team.  Personally I hope he does well and turns it around for Dons this season.  Don't ask me why.  Maybe his dressing room talk to the players pre-match he should just call ever team they play 'Rangers'!!

6 minutes ago, SamP said:

Must admit, Goodwin has some balls.  The easiest thing would be to walk away.  My Jambo mate said that Hibs were the better team last week despite the 3-0 scoreline.  So another tough, maybe last, test for Goodwin and the team.  Personally I hope he does well and turns it around for Dons this season.  Don't ask me why.  Maybe his dressing room talk to the players pre-match he should just call ever team they play 'Rangers'!!

18 months pay might be quite hard to walk away from.

9 hours ago, kumnio said:

He hasn't yet, but he is getting ready to.

I'm confused, he's give Goodwin another chance to prove himself, if Goodwin fails then he goes. That's not stabbing him in the back.

Cormack is a slime ball but the reaction to his statement has been laughable IMO 

On 1/27/2023 at 6:25 AM, vanderark14 said:

I'm confused, he's give Goodwin another chance to prove himself, if Goodwin fails then he goes. That's not stabbing him in the back.

4-0 down hertz at ht acceptable, lose to Darvel acceptable, lose to the Hibernians get sacked. We are now a benchmark for shiteness ☹️