New jersey - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jersey

Bzzzz

Obviously we'll be getting a new jersey soon, let's hope for something iconic rather than another bog standard boring adidas template... we've just celebrated the 150th (151 now) anniversary of our founding of international fitba AND the 150th anniversary of the founding of the SFA so how about something that commemorates them? 

Personally, I'd love to see a modern jersey with a retro hint. A nice dark blue jersey (a bit like the 150th jersey) but with the badge dulled, the lion rampant in red. No mad daft collars or cuffs, all dark dark blue. 

Go on adidas... 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Obviously we'll be getting a new jersey soon, let's hope for something iconic rather than another bog standard boring adidas template... we've just celebrated the 150th (151 now) anniversary of our founding of international fitba AND the 150th anniversary of the founding of the SFA so how about something that commemorates them? 

Personally, I'd love to see a modern jersey with a retro hint. A nice dark blue jersey (a bit like the 150th jersey) but with the badge dulled, the lion rampant in red. No mad daft collars or cuffs, all dark dark blue. 

Go on adidas... 

Wouldn’t expect anything too spectacular for the home kit. There is a predicted mock up already available to view which won’t be too far from the official release imo. Both argentina kits and Italy home are officially leaked if you want a rough idea.All the adidas kits are loosely based on the World Cup 2006 (also played in Germany as you’ll remember) designs. Although we’re certainly not an adidas “elite” team (have our arguably p*shy contract with JD/adidas), with this being a major tournament I would expect some slight upgrade tweaks but nothing too wild. Judging by what’s coming out with other adidas teams looks likely away will keep the same design but with different colour way obvs

7 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Go on adidas... 

Great point, this is something I’ve noticed to about the current crest. Delighted we’re as close as can be back to our crest of the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s rather than the shit*y diadora crest but I’ve notice recently the yellow is too luminous and def needs to be a duller yellow as you say. Give it a far classier look imo. Cannot stand luminous greens, pinks, yellows on football lots of today.

Another Scotland crest related point. Who the fk ever came up with change in crest from the Mexico 86 kit to the one they created for the italia 90 kit (created in 1987/88)?? Horrendous design and decision compared to what we had imo.

2 hours ago, JECK said:

Wouldn’t expect anything too spectacular for the home kit. There is a predicted mock up already available to view which won’t be too far from the official release imo. Both argentina kits and Italy home are officially leaked if you want a rough idea.All the adidas kits are loosely based on the World Cup 2006 (also played in Germany as you’ll remember) designs. Although we’re certainly not an adidas “elite” team (have our arguably p*shy contract with JD/adidas), with this being a major tournament I would expect some slight upgrade tweaks but nothing too wild. Judging by what’s coming out with other adidas teams looks likely away will keep the same design but with different colour way obvs

It will be boring snd f..king dull just like the last few strips.Absolutely nothing to make it stand out from any other shirts.DULL DULL DULL.

18 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Ditch the blue shorts, swap them for white.

I know it brings back bad memories but it looked class at the beginning v Peru

On 12/21/2023 at 5:16 PM, JECK said:

That's what I was worried about, these templates are non descript. You'd think that given the amount of sales they get out of these things and the astronomical prices they're asking for them they'd actually listen to what the fans want to maximise sales. If they give us good stuff we'll buy it!!! 

2 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

That's what I was worried about, these templates are non descript. You'd think that given the amount of sales they get out of these things and the astronomical prices they're asking for them they'd actually listen to what the fans want to maximise sales. If they give us good stuff we'll buy it!!! 

If they give us bad stuff we buy it anyway lol

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Not quite.Even as a big shirt collector i couldn't force myself to buy the last home and away shirts. Just so nondescript. Give us something out of the ordinary and banal for heavens sake. 

The current home one is not too far off the 78 one. Much better than the horrendous Euro 96 effort, for example. 

4 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I actually quite like the current strips but the anniversary strip should be the template for future strips.

Dark and traditional for home. Away abit more free but not neon etc

To me they are just a sort of...NOTHING  design.Totally forgettable.

3 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

You say that, but presumably those manufacturers paid the SFA more than anyone else at the time.

Just emphasises how little the SFA cared about us and preferred ham grabbing