Season 22/23 - Page 70 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Correct, but that was just as bad as Stewart, why the inconsistency?

That is a red card all day long, every day, but officials choose to ignore these. 

Realistically, both teams should’ve been down to 9 men, but the media will refuse to discuss these things. 

Why is that?

Stewarts is a level above the McCrorie and Barisic ones, but you couldn't have any gripes if all 3 were reds.  What's the other Rangers red? Don't recall it mate, but will give you an honest reply.   

Edited by Debian

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Debian said:

Stewarts is a level above the McCrorie and Barisic ones, but you couldn't have any gripes if all 3 were reds.  What's the other Rangers red? Don't recall it mate, but will give you an honest reply.   

Kent, for something like that to not even be looked at is very questionable. 

Edited by dandydunn

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Kent, for something like that to not even be looked at is very questionable. 

I don't think there's a punch.  VAR (as I understand) only looks at certain activities/actions on the park.  

I believe Stewarts would have been reviewed, but the Kent/Scales one not.  As I posted above, and with a still, I can't see how Kent manages to punch Scales. 

Plenty of talking points from the weekend though.  Some good and some not.  VAR is not a miracle cure and folk will still need to get used to it imo.  But we can't shout for use of VAR every time there is an incident that we don't like.  Just my opinion.  

14 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That's never a red card and is miles off the severity of Stewart's challenge.  If Stewart hadn't been sent off no one would be claiming that challenge from Barasic should be a red.

Are you saying Barasic shouldn't be sent off? 

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Two feet off the ground from behind on a player who can't see the challenge coming. He's endangering the opponent by being out of control. 

You agree McCrorie should have gone as well then?

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Two feet off the ground from behind on a player who can't see the challenge coming. He's endangering the opponent by being out of control. 

Need to agree to disagree.  It's not a good challenge but I don't think it's worthy of a sending off.  I think if it was that bad a challenge it would have taken less than the best part of 2 days to be highlighted on here.

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Need to agree to disagree.  It's not a good challenge but I don't think it's worthy of a sending off.  I think if it was that bad a challenge it would have taken less than the best part of 2 days to be highlighted on here.

It was highlighted elsewhere online within hours of the game finishing

As a complete neutral I thoroughly enjoyed the Rangers v Aberdeen game, I thought it was pretty even, and was really impressed with Aberdeen, they really should be doing much better in the league though

Oh and SFA get that fuckin pitch sorted (Cup Finals & Scotland games looming fast) !!!

Well done on ignoring the troll everyone. Who knows, if we all keep it up maybe he’ll fuck off of his own volition.

On the red cards, Stewart’s challenge was ridiculous. How can he be Aberdeen captain? I was at Paolo Nutini when the 3-2 game was on but from the highlights it looked like Stewart sold all 3 goals. Then he gives that stupid interview during the build up to the semi final. Surely he’s not captain material?

Anyway on the others, I think Barasic and McRories challenges are yellow card offences but Kent? Whether a punch or slap he’s lifted his hands off the ball and should be walking. I can’t remember whether VAR was feckin on or off by that point though?

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Well done on ignoring the troll everyone. Who knows, if we all keep it up maybe he’ll fuck off of his own volition.

On the red cards, Stewart’s challenge was ridiculous. How can he be Aberdeen captain? I was at Paolo Nutini when the 3-2 game was on but from the highlights it looked like Stewart sold all 3 goals. Then he gives that stupid interview during the build up to the semi final. Surely he’s not captain material?

Anyway on the others, I think Barasic and McRories challenges are yellow card offences but Kent? Whether a punch or slap he’s lifted his hands off the ball and should be walking. I can’t remember whether VAR was feckin on or off by that point though?

VAR was on, and from a conversation I've had this morning with a South of Scotland ref, Kents hand touched/skiffed the back of Scales head as his hand went to his shoulder. 

Edited by Debian

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Stewart’s been a bomb scare since he signed, doesn’t lead or encourage the team as a captain should either, he had a cheek saying which striker he preferred to play against as I bet any striker would prefer to play against him as opposed to someone like Andy Considine.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Stewart’s been a bomb scare since he signed, doesn’t lead or encourage the team as a captain should either, he had a cheek saying which striker he preferred to play against as I bet any striker would prefer to play against him as opposed to someone like Andy Considine.

The strange thing for me was letting Considine go for Stewart, Considine is maybe older now but he is still twice the player Stewart could dream of being. 

Stewart IMO cost us two great opportunities to beat Rangers and fuck knows how many other goals he has cost Aberdeen.

5 hours ago, slasher said:

You stay being nasty to people.  That's a good thing right.  I won't.  Say's a lot though.

Not heard anything from Victims FC since game.  If what happened to them that happened to Killie in the last minute which potentially cost them the game.  Well, you can imagine the outcry.  But the Victims are happy with that VAR decision so all is well with the world.  Until next time a shy goes against them.