Ireland Saturday - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland Saturday

ProudScot

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, EddardStark said:

This is  sackable material. Problem is there is no real replacement. 

There are literally hundreds of replacements. The first we should be doing is telling Scottish to not bother applying because they are by and large fucking useless. Second thing we should be doing is phoning Bielsa, asking him how much he wants, where he wants to stay and how quickly can he get here.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm going to throw this out there .....

Has there been an incident behind the scenes in the last few days ?

Or we’re just not very good? At least in terms of consistency. This result and performance, even against Ireland can’t be that shocking unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm going to throw this out there .....

Has there been an incident behind the scenes in the last few days ?

Something is definitely up. This team looks like a shadow of the team from the world cup qualifiers

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

There are literally hundreds of replacements. The first we should be doing is telling Scottish to not bother applying because they are by and large fucking useless. Second thing we should be doing is phoning Bielsa, asking him how much he wants, where he wants to stay and how quickly can he get here.

Lol you think biesla is realistic target for us?

There really does need to be an emergency re-think about this high back line of central defenders we keep playing, teams that do their homework on us (Czechia, Croatia, Ukraine and now Ireland) know to target it - and they do it very effectively.

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Or we’re just not very good? At least in terms of consistency. This result and performance, even against Ireland can’t be that shocking unfortunately. 

If there has been some kind of falling out between the players or between the players and management, it would instantly destroy all optimism or momentum. That's why I'm beginning to suspect (I admit I cannot prove it) something like this may have happened.

I am not saying that it would be an excuse for this utterly contemptible performance that has been a disgrace. Far from it.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

8 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol you think biesla is realistic target for us?

Why the hell not? He's not a man motivated by money, you give him a chance to change the whole culture and he'll jump at it. We also pretty much introduced football to Argentina, so there's a (tenuous) connection there.

We've required a foreign coach for about 15 years, you're not going to get the best out of this squad with Idiots like Clarke running the show.

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If there has been some kind of falling out between the payers or between the players and management, it would instantly destroy all optimism or momentum. That's why I'm beginning to suspect (I admit I cannot prove it) something like this may have happened.

I am not saying that it would be an excuse for this utterly contemptible performance that has been a disgrace. Far from it.

No I get that. Would almost be better if it was something like that, rather than just being outplayed and out fought by a below average Ireland team. 

"Scotland have not shown enough energy or fight even in the second half to try and get themselves back in the game." (Kenny Miller on BBC)

That's simply unacceptable. 2-0 down at half time isn't out of it.  You get one back and all to play for.  It has been a hard season for some players, some of them look like they're running on empty but we should still have enough decent players to get the job done

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If there has been some kind of falling out between the payers or between the players and management, it would instantly destroy all optimism or momentum. That's why I'm beginning to suspect (I admit I cannot prove it) something like this may have happened.

It wouldn’t surprise. The players can’t be happy with how he sets them up. An absolute doing is guaranteed if the opposition know what you’re going to do.