Season 23/24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New thread for the new season

Fraserburgh playing Celtic right now, the reason for the game has a story to it, a tragic story but celtic are back to play fraserburgh 53 years after they first played to raise money for the families of 4 lifeboat crew lost at sea. 

Today's game is to raise money for the local lifeboat.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/5810221/fraserburgh-to-face-celtic-53-years-on-from-lifeboat-tragedy-match/

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at Gayfield today for Ricky Little’s testimonial, 10 years he had played for Arbroath going into his 11th season, travel twice weekly up to Perth from Ayrshire then to Arbroath for home games, guys a legend at Arbroath, crowd about 1200 today against Montrose, got beat 1-3 with Ricky scoring for us, he’s got a golf tournament later in the year and a dinner next March I believe, we had five trialists and a couple of ex pros playing today at various stages wouldn’t read anything into the score and hoora windy, that normally never happens at home (mmm), good day out and a few beers later on, cheers.

Disappointing celtic never sent a couple of first team players considering what this game meant. Celtic gained massive respect because Last time They sent players like Billy mcniel and Jimmy Johnstone despite having a European final coming up.

On 7/1/2023 at 7:05 PM, vanderark14 said:

Disappointing celtic never sent a couple of first team players considering what this game meant. Celtic gained massive respect because Last time They sent players like Billy mcniel and Jimmy Johnstone despite having a European final coming up.

Their first team players aren't even back for pre season yet. 

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly, and if any of them went and played and got a knock or an injury, there would be he'll to pay.... Think the match ended 5-3 on penalties to Celtic. Well done all involved....

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Exactly, and if any of them went and played and got a knock or an injury, there would be he'll to pay.... Think the match ended 5-3 on penalties to Celtic. Well done all involved....

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I am aware of that but this was a very special occasion which celtic helped to make even more special. even sending the likes of mcgregor to be there on the bench with the coaches or send some club ambassadors would have been good

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I am aware of that but this was a very special occasion which celtic helped to make even more special. even sending the likes of mcgregor to be there on the bench with the coaches or send some club ambassadors would have been good

Fair play..👍

Celtic have had a gruelling season.  Europe, Treble.  I think even football players are entitled to a holiday before pre-season.  If anything the game could have been planned better.  But the clubs must have known that in the timing of it that Celtic players would be on holiday surely.  But still a lovely cause.  Well done both clubs.

18 minutes ago, SamP said:

Celtic have had a gruelling season.  Europe, Treble.  I think even football players are entitled to a holiday before pre-season.  If anything the game could have been planned better.  But the clubs must have known that in the timing of it that Celtic players would be on holiday surely.  But still a lovely cause.  Well done both clubs.

The game was initially meant to take place on the 50th anniversary but covid killed that. 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

The game was initially meant to take place on the 50th anniversary but covid killed that. 

Ah right, didn;t know that.  But at least it has now been done.  So fair play.

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Kyogo signs 4 year contract. Total respect for this lad. Great news for Celtic..

No ambition. He could have been testing himself against the likes of Ronaldo, Neves and Jota.

😗🎶

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Obviously didn't learn that from his new manager..... 

or Steven Davis, Alan McGregor et al.

lest we forget. No walking away and all that, yet heroes again, nae legends just cos………..no surrender 😂

29 minutes ago, slasher said:

or Steven Davis, Alan McGregor et al.

lest we forget. No walking away and all that, yet heroes again, nae legends just cos………..no surrender 😂

You’ve got all the trophies, ye can’t just let me have a wee bit of fun in the off season?! 

32 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Can anyone guess which poster made the below quote a few weeks ago?  🤔 No prizes I'm afraid. 

"Fuck loyalty, it's all about the ££££"

I was talking about Postefraudlu, not Kyogo.. Please pay attention fella..🙂

12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

You’ve got all the trophies, ye can’t just let me have a wee bit of fun in the off season?! 

I’ve let a couple slide to be fair. 😂

However I’m not letting this ‘off season’ patter slide. Next thing you’ll have us all talking about soccer and fuckin end zones etc 🙈

1 minute ago, slasher said:

However I’m not letting this ‘off season’ patter slide. Next thing you’ll have us all talking about soccer and fuckin end zones etc 🙈

Fairbairn has Canadian roots.. 🤣🤣🤣👍

1 hour ago, slasher said:

You really don't want to be watching the Gold Cup in Viaplay 😬 Couple of decent games tonight. Last group games and all to play for. Commentary would see you trash your telly 😂

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

You really don't want to be watching the Gold Cup in Viaplay 😬 Couple of decent games tonight. Last group games and all to play for. Commentary would see you trash your telly 😂

I'm going to watch Canada vs Cuba at 630..🙂