Ireland Saturday - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland Saturday

ProudScot

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

No I get that. Would almost be better if it was something like that, rather than just being outplayed and out fought by a below average Ireland team. 

I absolutely hate being out fought at football- we've backed out of loads of 50 50s here.

Worst 15 quid I've ever spent this

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Something is definitely up. This team looks like a shadow of the team from the world cup qualifiers

I think we became too reliant, on and built a team around Tierney. He is ruled out and the house of cards come tumbling down.

Defence has looked at sixes and sevens and the attack powder puff.

3 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Wee snapshot there of why Ross Stewart probably can’t play at this level. Took 3 touches in the box with the shot blocked. 3 touches in 1 second. 

Tbf Kenny Miller and Steven Naismith could be like that sometimes as well. Needing about ninety-nine touches on the ball, eight yards from goal, before letting fly.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Tbf Kenny Miller and Steven Naismith could be like that sometimes as well. Needing about ninety-nine touches on the ball, eight yards from goal, before letting fly.

Guess we can forgive them as they scored goals in quite poor Scotland teams. 

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I think we became too reliant, on and built a team around Tierney. He is ruled out and the house of cards come tumbling down.

Defence has looked at sixes and sevens and the attack powder puff.

It's been hugely dissapointing today, we've played worse than we did against Ukraine. 

It's between us and Ireland for 2nd in this group now.

I'm not in the sack Clarke camp yet. I certainly don't think he's a fraud like some do. We've been to a tournament and a world Cup playoff, more than we've done in years so for me Clarke deserves the rest of the nations league and some of the euro qualifiers but the qualifiers start poorly he would have to go.

The set pieces tonight and crossing directly out etc.

Must be something wrong in the camp, something must’ve happened or Clarke has lost the belief of the players and dressing room.

If he comes with its been a long hard season he can fuck off too. Time to say we set up poorly against Ukraine and the same tonight with the players not turning up for either game. Why haven’t they turned up though ffs!? 

Next free kick or corner we get we should definitely play it high to the back post. Ireland won’t be expecting that.

As I type, I see that Gilmour decided to change it up a bit and go for the Ireland throw-in from a decent attacking opportunity. Clever. Can see a tug-of-war for him in the summer between Chelsea and Rangers.

Berwick Rangers.

Just now, ProudScot said:

The set pieces tonight and crossing directly out etc.

Must be something wrong in the camp, something must’ve happened or Clarke has lost the belief of the players and dressing room.

If he comes with its been a long hard season he can fuck off too. Time to say we set up poorly against Ukraine and the same tonight with the players not turning up for either game. Why haven’t they turned up though ffs!? 

That's what I suspect. X has fallen out with Y.

Passing too laboured allowing Irish players to pressurize us into mistakes too. It was that laboured passing we saw against Armenia but their players were not pressing like the Irish. No dynamic speed in our attacks, no invention and we couldn't even force a save from our 'keeper. This has been so bad it takes me back to the George Burley days.

It really is relentlessly depressing being a Scottish sports fan is it not. So much heartache, so little joy. As I spend another utterly gutting couple of hours of my life watching this, I contemplate why I bother. I have never seen a single one of my teams win anything of note. Ever. The closest I have ever come to sustained sporting joy was watching peak Andy Murray and even then it was more down than up. Fucking hell.

1 minute ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Next free kick or corner we get we should definitely play it high to the back post. Ireland won’t be expecting that.

As I type, I see that Gilmour decided to change it up a bit and go for the Ireland throw-in from a decent attacking opportunity. Clever. Can see a tug-of-war for him in the summer between Chelsea and Rangers.

Berwick Rangers.

🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's been hugely dissapointing today, we've played worse than we did against Ukraine. 

It's between us and Ireland for 2nd in this group now.

I'm not in the sack Clarke camp yet. I certainly don't think he's a fraud like some do. We've been to a tournament and a world Cup playoff, more than we've done in years so for me Clarke deserves the rest of the nations league and some of the euro qualifiers but the qualifiers start poorly he would have to go.

Some of the euro qualifiers, and then it's too late, like every manager we've had since Craig Brown