Ireland Saturday - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland Saturday

ProudScot

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I've said it before, we had that purple patch of decent results over past year, and it's fooled us into thinking we've become a consistent side. Now we're back to what we're used to

Good point.

We are an average side with a few players who know how to turn/beat a man.

We cannot defend well for long periods ; put in a dangerous ball/box ; unlock a defence or find a striker who's any use.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Let Christie go on holiday early.

Yup.

He had about 12 months of being a good player a few years ago.

Really frustrating. Tries too much and very little of it comes off.

Edited by weekevie04

That was as poor a first half as against Ukraine.

Seems we are shite unless we’re playing against a team ranked close to 100 is the world at the moment. 

All of a sudden a draw would be a great result despite it not being a good one before kick off. 

Complete shambles 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I've said it before, we had that purple patch of decent results over past year, and it's fooled us into thinking we've become a consistent side. Now we're back to what we're used to

I was just thinking that. The fixtures coincided with a purple patch last year; this year the fixtures coincide with a period where the teams seems jaded and out of sorts.

16 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

But but we’re better than wales minus Bale 

I still think we are or should be.

A tired midfield and a poorly picked defensive three doesn't change it for me.

On paper we've the better squad and hopefully it translates onto the pitch medium term.

We're nowhere near Wales 2016 but 22 it's as close as its been in a decade

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Big fail of the first half had to be Hendry. Allowed player in behind for second goal and lost his man causing Gordon to tip a header over the bar. 

unfortunately you could argue for pretty much any of the 11 as big fail of the half 

1 minute ago, Clyde1998 said:

The only real positive I can pick out in this half is Ralston causing their left side some problems.

Wouldn't mind seeing Turnbull come on for Christie and one of Brown or Stewart come on for Adams.

It defo needs changes. Three central defenders not working here we should go to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.