The Mighty Celtic... - Page 234 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

28 minutes ago, Debian said:

Yeah, that's it, you got me.  Can't wait to scream Big Jock Knew now!

Swap Leigh Griffiths with any other player in Scottish Football or a Rangers player to be exact I'd be saying the exact same thing.  

What about a Sevco player 'to be exact'?

28 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Oh no, he spoke to someone on Instagram, hang him now. 

Absolute utter pish 😂😂😂

As things stand, its not too different from Derek Mackay.

3 hours ago, Debian said:

Yeah, that's it, you got me.  Can't wait to scream Big Jock Knew now!

Swap Leigh Griffiths with any other player in Scottish Football or a Rangers player to be exact I'd be saying the exact same thing.  

😂😂😂 🤥

Even managed to squeeze in a Big Jock Knew. 🤦🏻

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Wasn't that the Adam Johnson defence? 

I have no idea if he got nude photos or not, but if he did get them then it won't matter if he knew her age or not. He'd be going to jail.

Sure Johnson admitted he knew the girl was underage but still met up with her. 

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I have no idea if he got nude photos or not, but if he did get them then it won't matter if he knew her age or not. He'd be going to jail.

Id love to know under what section of what Act you are basing this on?

6 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Id love to know under what section of what Act you are basing this on?

Whether Griffiths did or did not know her age, would be irrelevant at that point as be he would be in possession of an indecent image of a child, that Griffiths asked for.

Again I'm not saying he has gotten any, it seems she had no idea what Griffiths was on about, when he was trying to get pictures.

12 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Whether Griffiths did or did not know her age, would be irrelevant at that point as be he would be in possession of an indecent image of a child, that Griffiths asked for.

Again I'm not saying he has gotten any, it seems she had no idea what Griffiths was on about, when he was trying to get pictures.

A picture of a 15 year old in their underwear isnt automatically an indecent image. 

S34 of SOSA would be the most likely charge however would need to prove "sexual communication".

From the exchange ive seen on twitter im not sure the test has been met.

Very dodgy, unlikely to play for Celtic again but if this wasnt a high profile footballer I doubt it would get past the Police stage. 

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I think Johnson groomed her for a period of time, he definitely knew her to be underage when they met. They then had physical contact. 

What Griffiths has done, is bloody stupid, but from what I’ve seen, I don’t think any crime has been committed, however I do not have full knowledge of the case.

The police will undertake a full investigation, and the crown will decide if they will go ahead and prosecute. 

If two people are chatting over Instagram, or any platform, and the (presumably) bloke asks for photos assuming that she or he is of legal age, and it later turns out that they are 15, how can that be a criminal offence. If they know that the person is underage, then throw the book at them by all means. But on the surface, this doesn’t look intentional to me. 

11 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

A picture of a 15 year old in their underwear isnt automatically an indecent image. 

S34 of SOSA would be the most likely charge however would need to prove "sexual communication".

From the exchange ive seen on twitter im not sure the test has been met.

Very dodgy, unlikely to play for Celtic again but if this wasnt a high profile footballer I doubt it would get past the Police stage. 

Yeah even if this turns to nothing, I think he's finished as a footballer in the UK. Any club he goes to will get blasted all over social media, sponsors, etc and get massive negative social media. Dafabet already had to cancel a social media q&a due to all questions being about Griffiths. I can't imagine they are too happy.

14 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Yeah even if this turns to nothing, I think he's finished as a footballer in the UK. Any club he goes to will get blasted all over social media, sponsors, etc and get massive negative social media. Dafabet already had to cancel a social media q&a due to all questions being about Griffiths. I can't imagine they are too happy.

Agree.  Mud sticks.  Whether he knew she was 15 or not.  One of his ex partners was in the press saying that she wasn't surprised.  I would think Celtic will bin him.  Too much baggage now.  Waste of a talent.

15 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Sure Johnson admitted he knew the girl was underage but still met up with her. 

Johnson knew fine well what the lassie's age was and he did more than just send her a suggestive message, the dirty bassa!

From what's in the public domain I'd be surprised if any criminal charges are brought against Griffiths because of this incident, but it will be a while before he lives it down - if he ever does.

4 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I’d be amazed if Celtic don’t bin him but there will always be a club or clubs that will sign him on the basis that we can get someone on the cheap we wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford  he’s said he’s sorry and everyone deserves another chance.  Goodwillie is captain at Clyde FFS.

As a Celtic man, and one who has always defended Griffiths, I'm sorry to say it's better that Celtic FC give him his walking papers. He has had a history of mental health issues, which Celtic have given him help, and every opportunity to get back to being the footballer he can be, he just seems to find a way to let us down. I hope he gets the proper help he needs, but there are 1000s of kids that would give anything for that Jersey. Just a shame for Celtic, and for Scotland. When Griff is on his game, he is the best striker we have.. Anyhoo, that's my take....

38 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

As a Celtic man, and one who has always defended Griffiths, I'm sorry to say it's better that Celtic FC give him his walking papers. He has had a history of mental health issues, which Celtic have given him help, and every opportunity to get back to being the footballer he can be, he just seems to find a way to let us down. I hope he gets the proper help he needs, but there are 1000s of kids that would give anything for that Jersey. Just a shame for Celtic, and for Scotland. When Griff is on his game, he is the best striker we have.. Anyhoo, that's my take....

That's quite sensible.... 

... are you feeling ok? 

😉

Ironic thing is that he will probably make a good bit of money out of this episode. I dont think Celtic have any grounds to sack him and they probably wont want him to remain at the club so will offer him a pay off (normally about a third or half of existing contract), so about a third or half a years wages. 

Griffiths will likely then move abroad, somewhere like America and make a decent wage.

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Feel for ye mate.  I know you have defended him.  But he has let you down and all Celtic supporters and the club.  Little prick.  Wait till his 5 kids read about his history.  I  hope Celtic bin him.  The club are bigger than him and need to send out a message.

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Like Rolling hills fair play to you. I don't know the details of the case and I will leave that to the police. But fed up of fellow Rangers fans making connections with other sexual offences committed by those associated with Celtic. The tragic reality of sexual offending is that it takes place in all sorts of communities and walks of life, it's not the opportunity to make the cheap points against clubs you don't support.  Issues like this are not to be trivialized and transcend football loyalties.

Edited by Hertsscot

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Like Rolling hills fair play to you. I don't know the details of the case and I will leave that to the police. But fed up of fellow Rangers fans making connections with other sexual offences committed by those associated with Celtic. The tragic reality of sexual offending is that it takes place in all sorts of communities and walks of life, it's not the opportunity to make the cheap points against clubs you don't support.  Issues like this are not to be trivialized and transcend football loyalties.

Good post.  Not on any other club sites apart from this.  But can imagine other Rangers fans being delighted.  Bottom line is he has let down the club and fans.  A total idiot.

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Good post 

Investigated? We've all seen the evidence. Of course the police will consider if criminality has taken place, but we'll all have an opinion on the screenshots that have been widely available. At the very least I'm thinking his online behaviour constitutes a potential dismissal from his employment, regardless of the issue of the age of the girl. 

38 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Investigated? We've all seen the evidence. Of course the police will consider if criminality has taken place, but we'll all have an opinion on the screenshots that have been widely available. At the very least I'm thinking his online behaviour constitutes a potential dismissal from his employment, regardless of the issue of the age of the girl. 

Correct.  He has brought his club in to disrepute.