Scottish player transfers - Page 105 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

8 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Chris Martin has moved to Bristol City.

Striker problem solved.

Couldn't resist

11 goals in 25 starts last season let's see if Dykes can match that.

Good move though, Bristol City are a far bigger club with massive potential and usually up there for promotion . Be good to see him in the EPL again

24 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Good move though, Bristol City are a far bigger club with massive potential and usually up there for promotion . Be good to see him in the EPL again

Bristol bigger than Derby?

Chris Martin played a couple of games in the EPL a decade ago

Bristol City are mid table as best in the Championship, not a hope in hell of getting promotion.

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Bristol City are mid table as best in the Championship, not a hope in hell of getting promotion.

35 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

We’re not going to have a big debate over who is the bigger club between Derby and Bristol City are we?

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Jesus what a pointless debate.

Its incredible the dark knight/Chripper/taylor etc hasn’t become involved yet.

A debate so pointless even He/she didn’t feel the need to contribute. 

You should nip over to Football Related. This is Oxford v Cambridge debating society stuff compared to some of the embarrassing drivel on there.

11 hours ago, aaid said:

Playing devils advocate because I can’t be arsed looking up relative performance over the last few years but exactly why should Hibs be considered a step up over Livingston. 

For many of the same reasons as moving from Bournemouth to Newcastle is a step up.  :)

8 hours ago, daviebee said:

Sadly, it makes fck all difference to us given his attitude and commitment. He's had everything but the fkin millennium bug to keep him off Scotland duty.

:lol:

That's very true.  He's a good player, no question, but where Scotland is concerned he's a puller-outer par excellence .

Another thing, after all this arguing, do we even know if his transfer to Newcastle is definitely on?

I know it's dragging on with lots of false positives but it seems like Hickey will be going to Bologna. For purely personal reasons I'm so glad he didn't go to Celtic and it'll be exciting to see how he gets on.

Not sure how much first team action he'll get but maybe two Scots playing in Serie A next year?

37 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

It’s much better that he goes to Bologna. Will be playing at a much higher standard every week than he would do at Celtic.  It’s great some of our players are going abroad... players like Collins and lambert benefitted.

Agreed.

The only sticking point about the Bayern contract is that he was going to begin in the youth team. Apparently, he's going to go straight into the Bologna first team.

Serie A has produced some of the best ever defenders. Hickey will be coached well, guaranteed.

Craig Levein thinks he'll eventually be an anchorman, so fingers crossed. 

Edited by Taylor1996

15 hours ago, kumnio said:

I read it as Bristol City being bigger than QPR, where Dykes has gone.  I could be wrong though.

Personally, I'd bet on Martin to outscore Dykes this season, and would have Martin in the squad.  

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

I read it as Bristol City being bigger than QPR, where Dykes has gone.  I could be wrong though.

Personally, I'd bet on Martin to outscore Dykes this season, and would have Martin in the squad.  

It was Derby he moved from, has to be the ultimate sideways move, you could add QPR and have a Mexican standoff 

19 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Agreed.

The only sticking point about the Bayern contract is that he was going to begin in the youth team. Apparently, he's going to go straight into the Bologna first team.

Serie A has produced some of the best ever defenders. Hickey will be coached well, guaranteed.

Craig Levein thinks he'll eventually be an anchorman, so fingers crossed. 

Reports locally suggest that Jordan Holsgrove is set to join Celta Vigo (La Liga) from Reading. Fairly certain that would be a permanent; he wasn't listed in the squad numbers for Reading this season. Probably best for him given the situation at Reading in the past few weeks and the consequences for the season ahead.