Scottish player transfers - Page 106 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

28 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Reports locally suggest that Jordan Holsgrove is set to join Celta Vigo (La Liga) from Reading. Fairly certain that would be a permanent; he wasn't listed in the squad numbers for Reading this season. Probably best for him given the situation at Reading in the past few weeks and the consequences for the season ahead.

Another really exciting youngster.

I've got to admit that I'm a bit disappointed with Fraser going to Newcastle.  I know Newcastle are a big club but there has been lots of paper talk about moves to Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs, so it's disappointing to see him go to a team that won't be competing in Europe.  

On the plus point, he should getting regular games there whereas that might not have been the case at a top 6 club.  

I personally think an on-form Fraser for Scotland gives us a much better attacking threat and we need to get him playing as much as possible. 

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 10:22 AM, aaid said:

Here’s the thing about growth, it doesn’t reflect value or volume.  

If you start from a low base and double your volume you have 100% growth but you still have a low volume. 

If you start from a high base and put on 5% then your growth is low but your volume is high. 

In this context growth is pretty much irrelevant. 

Anyone knows the key global football brands are Barcelona, Real Madrid, the five or six large English clubs, Bayern Munich and Juventus. 

And everyone knows that Newcastle are light years ahead of Bournemouth in terms of size of club,

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

I've got to admit that I'm a bit disappointed with Fraser going to Newcastle.  I know Newcastle are a big club but there has been lots of paper talk about moves to Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs, so it's disappointing to see him go to a team that won't be competing in Europe.  

On the plus point, he should getting regular games there whereas that might not have been the case at a top 6 club.  

I personally think an on-form Fraser for Scotland gives us a much better attacking threat and we need to get him playing as much as possible. 

Don’t start that argument again. That was brutal. 😂

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 11:47 PM, Taylor1996 said:

Agreed.

The only sticking point about the Bayern contract is that he was going to begin in the youth team. Apparently, he's going to go straight into the Bologna first team.

Serie A has produced some of the best ever defenders. Hickey will be coached well, guaranteed.

Craig Levein thinks he'll eventually be an anchorman, so fingers crossed. 

I hope I'm wrong but I think he'll get lost at that level just now.

Looks like burke is moving to Sheffield United in a swap deal involving callum Robinson. Really good transfer from burkes point of view. Wilder has worked wonders with alot of players careers and Sheffield United are a decent side. Surprised they want burke considering the last few years but they must see some potential in him. Hopefully burke can find form and become a top player or even a decent epl winger. 

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Oliver Burke signs for Sheffield United. Good move and at least he is playing with McBurnie and Fleck. 

Amazing that hes got a gig in that league, dont think I've seen a worse player in the hoops and there's plenty of competition.

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Amazing that hes got a gig in that league, dont think I've seen a worse player in the hoops and there's plenty of competition.

It is pretty amazing that an EPL team would want him, probably not as bad as Gatafe paying £1 million for Jack Harper or Reims risking £2 million on Hornby.(hope they got that one right)