Scottish player transfers - Page 93 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I hope you are right but you woupd think a guy of his talent would have a deal wrapped up considering he is a free agent. 

Plenty of options and time to make the right choice. 

I personally think he's the best Scottish player about but he has to get this move right. 

On 8/18/2020 at 5:33 PM, romanticscot said:

I just looked them up, Derby have 4 keepers on the books, with one out on loan until next summer.  A lateral move and for the money, go for it but if he isn't first choice then his Scotland days are done. 

My mistake, seems Wigan were relegated. 

I live in Midlands so sometimes put on Radio Derby and listen to their games to see how Shinnie is getting on. They had major issues with their keepers last season, started with Kellie Roos and he was rubbish and dropped halfway through and then Ben Hamer came in and made schoolboy errors in last 5 games. Think the other two you mention are just youth keepers.

Marshall signs for them he's certainly number one and Derby are always in the mix for play offs so overall would be a really good move for him.

2 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

I live in Midlands so sometimes put on Radio Derby and listen to their games to see how Shinnie is getting on. They had major issues with their keepers last season, started with Kellie Roos and he was rubbish and dropped halfway through and then Ben Hamer came in and made schoolboy errors in last 5 games. Think the other two you mention are just youth keepers.

Marshall signs for them he's certainly number one and Derby are always in the mix for play offs so overall would be a really good move for him.

Derby are 4th favourites to get relegated and 5th favourites to get promoted, got to love the Championship. 

Actually not sure what that means as a lot of teams less likely to get relegated are also less likely to be promoted according to the bookies.

Need some insider information on that one, points deduction?

Edited by ceudmilefailte

On 8/18/2020 at 4:28 PM, mccaughey85 said:

I just like to discuss things in detail. Wheres the harm in that. I don't think I am a writer, I have pulled up on my spelling and punctuation many times in here so writing is not my talent. 

I don't see your problem, if you don't like long posts then don't read them. There's plenty of stuff on here that I ain't interested in but I just skim past it. 

Personally, I enjoy reading your posts. It's nice to read in depth posts, as opposed to Twitter-esque posts.

Unfortunately, moving their eyeballs from left-to-right is too difficult for some people.

Just you do you, mate, if forum Nazis don't like it, all the better.

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Personally, I enjoy reading your posts. It's nice to read in depth posts, as opposed to Twitter-esque posts.

Unfortunately, moving their eyeballs from left-to-right is too difficult for some people.

Just you do you, mate, if forum Nazis don't like it, all the better.

Yeh I will continue on as normal buddy, the TAMB is probably one of the best places to discuss football on the net, most of the ppl on here are smart and passionate about football and they love the Scotland football team. In depth analysis is why I post on here. I don't want to read short posts on ppls opinions, I want full blown anaylsis, it's why I come on here. 

23 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh I will continue on as normal buddy, the TAMB is probably one of the best places to discuss football on the net, most of the ppl on here are smart and passionate about football and they love the Scotland football team. In depth analysis is why I post on here. I don't want to read short posts on ppls opinions, I want full blown anaylsis, it's why I come on here. 

Quite right. Why should you censor yourself because a few certain people seem to be semi-literate. Maybe they should emigrate to Twitter.

Keep it up, mate.

I've been lurking for a while, the amount of wannabe mods and downright bullies in this place is astonishing. A certain mob think they run the place... probably because they live here.

46 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Rumours that Sheffield Utd could move for Oli Burke. £5 million being touted. Could be a good move for him at a good price for the club

That would be a good move. Wilder seems to get the best out of players. When Burke first burst onto the scene he was used as an impact sub. That may be the role I which he is best suited and that price is reasonable.

57 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Rumours that Sheffield Utd could move for Oli Burke. £5 million being touted. Could be a good move for him at a good price for the club

Would be great if Burke joined Sheffield United.

Chris Wilder is the most progressive manager in the EPL (Behind Klopp and Guardiola).

Reports suggesting that Celtic are going to clinch the £3m signing of David Turnbull this week (it's just after Sunday, midnight.)

Hopefully this another case of the John McGinn scenario, where Celtic dither and a real club comes in for him. I see no reason why Villa couldn't do it again.

His poise, ability to quickly see the big picture, as well as the way he strikes the ball, he reminds me of Paul Pogba (Or Gary McAllister).

Reply to this post with either a confused emoji or a sad emoji if you agree with me. 😛

6 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Reports suggesting that Celtic are going to clinch the £3m signing of David Turnbull this week (it's just after Sunday, midnight.)

Hopefully this another case of the John McGinn scenario, where Celtic dither and a real club comes in for him. I see no reason why Villa couldn't do it again.

His poise, ability to quickly see the big picture, as well as the way he strikes the ball, he reminds me of Paul Pogba (Or Gary McAllister).

Reply to this post with either a confused emoji or a sad emoji if you agree with me. 😛

Celtic will have learnt their lesson from the mcginn saga, they’ll pay the appropriate fee this time around  to make sure they get him 

13 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Gary Mac is who he reminds me of also...

...I'd rather fir park burned to the ground than sell him (or anyone else) to that shower of cunts, but it's a foregone conclusion by the sounds of things. 

6 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Gary Mac is who he reminds me of also...

...I'd rather fir park burned to the ground than sell him (or anyone else) to that shower of cunts, but it's a foregone conclusion by the sounds of things. 

He definitely has that innate arrogance that all top players have.

Yeah. Me, too. Villa escaped relegation, so they're loaded. You'd think that they'd repeat what they did with the John McGinn saga. 

3 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Burke becoming a premier league player again isn't something I expected this summer.

Feels like his last chance at top level especially under a manager who's turned a few stalled careers around in last 5 years. If it dosen't work out he'll likely fade into obscurity like Ryan Gauld did.

Gauld will actually be playing Portuguese top flight football soon (his club got promoted, and he played well last season) and Clarke has said he's been getting updates on him.

15 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Gauld will actually be playing Portuguese top flight football soon (his club got promoted, and he played well last season) and Clarke has said he's been getting updates on him.

Fleck is a good example of a kid with huge expectations getting there eventually. Gauld will get Scotland caps. 

19 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Fleck is a good example of a kid with huge expectations getting there eventually. Gauld will get Scotland caps. 

Big problem is that Gauld is similar in size, capabilities and position to Gilmour. Think there is only room for one of them and it looks like Gilmour. Squad player maybe.