Scottish player transfers - Page 91 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

On 8/8/2020 at 6:56 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

He's got some agent as he's utter pish.

He has joined the MUCH weaker of the cities two teams, Club Brugge are the top team, Cercle Brugge are usually fighting relegation 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Wikipedia is a great thing isn't it ?

Yep, but heard of them because Oleg Yashchuk who played and coached for them since year dot is about the only footballer of note to come out of my Mrs city in Ukraine 😂 

On 8/8/2020 at 1:37 PM, SkyBlueScot said:

I can't embed youtube clips here (actually, this might be my first...) but this video is pretty impressive 

I was aware of this move prior to xmas and by all accounts the lad has everything except from any common sense...so hopefully getting to a huge club like Munich will see him given the life skills required to make it at the top, along with his definite ability

Lyndon Dykes on verge of signing for QPR, and apparently pledged his international future to Scotland according to both the Record and Sun (Scotland squad to be announced this week, so that will be the ultimate proof) 

Not sure dykes is making the right decision, I doubt he will get much starts for us, mcburnie, Griffiths and naismith are well ahead of him and maybe shankland as well. Not really fussed if the guy chooses us as he doesn't look anything special. He's 24(about to turn 25) and has relatively poor scoring record at lower league level in Scotland. 

Edited by mccaughey85

9 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Not sure dykes is making the right decision, I doubt he will get much starts for us, mcburnie, Griffiths and naismith are well ahead of him and maybe shankland as well. Not really fussed if the guy chooses us as he doesn't look anything special. He's 24 and has relatively average scoring record at lower league level in Scotland. 

Griffiths isnt ahead of anyone at the moment and naismith is getting on. Shankland? Really? Dykes has a better record at a higher level thank shankdland right now.

Edited by vanderark14

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Griffiths isnt ahead of anyone at the moment and naismith is getting on. Shankland? Really? Dykes has a better record at a higher level thank shankdland right now.

Once Griffiths is back playing for celtic then hes first pick, then there's mcburnie and naismith. Fair enough naismith is getting old but I don't see dykes getting much of a chance of starting games for us. Shankland Tbf hasnt scored many at spl level so he might get ahead of him. There's also Kevin Nisbet. 

Hes easily good enough for our squad but I can't see him getting much of a chance in the first team unless mcburnie and Griffiths are both injured/out. 

I don't mind him picking us as we have relatively poor depth in the striker department but he's not exactly a striker to get excited about. 

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

Once Griffiths is back playing for celtic then hes first pick, then there's mcburnie and naismith. Fair enough naismith is getting old but I don't see dykes getting much of a chance of starting games for us. Shankland Tbf hasnt scored many at spl level so he might get ahead of him. There's also Kevin Nisbet. 

Hes easily good enough for our squad but I can't see him getting much of a chance in the first team unless mcburnie and Griffiths are both injured/out. 

I don't mind him picking us as we have relatively poor depth in the striker department but he's not exactly a striker to get excited about. 

Griffiths isnt ahead of edouard and theres the new striker at celtic too. I personally think Griffiths is done. Shankland hasnt scored any at Premiership level. Naismith is playing in a tin pot league now. As much as it is quite sad to admit, Dykes will be 2nd choice if hw statts scoring in the championship

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Griffiths isnt ahead of edouard and theres the new striker at celtic too. I personally think Griffiths is done. Shankland hasnt scored any at Premiership level. Naismith is playing in a tin pot league now. As much as it is quite sad to admit, Dykes will be 2nd choice if hw statts scoring in the championship

Whats Griffiths being behind edouard got to do with Scotland, Griffiths was scoring before the lockdown and looked nearly back to his best. Fair enough there has been some problems during the lockdown with him but if he's back playing in the next couple of weeks then he's defo ahead of someone like dykes. 

Fair enough shankland hasnt scored many at spl level but he does have an amazing record for the last few years which is much better than dykes did at qos. He's only played 1 game so far so he deserves more chances to prove his worth in the spl. Personally I would have them pretty equal in terms of selection for Scotland. Dykes has only had 1 decent season in the top flight of Scotland. 

There's also Kevin Nisbet who has scored something like 60 goals in his last 80 games and looks like he's going to do alright in the Scottish top flight. 

McBurnie is easily ahead of him I think that goes without saying. 

Naismith has played well recently for Scotland and proved his worth at a high level for Everton and was good at rangers when they were challenging for trophies. It is disappointing that he's playing championship football next season but he's still ahead of dykes imo. I can't see dykes ever scoring a hatrick v Chelsea or playing for a team like everton in the epl for several years. Fair enough he's getting old but I would have him ahead of dykes.

If dykes wants to pick us then fair enough and he's good enough for the squad but reality is I don't see him getting much starts unless Griffiths and mcburnie are constantly injured or unavailable which Tbf is defo a possibility with Griffiths being the tadger that he is. With Australia he might get a better chance of starting but its hard to tell. 

Its probably an extremely minor positive that he's picked us but it's not exactly a game changer or a major boost. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Sad as it is Dykes is probably good enough for our squad just now.

Have to agree.

5/6 months ago it was a no-no, but unfortunately I think we have to write off Griffiths, Naismith is not getting any younger and really we are left with only McBurney (not the most reliable of players) and Shankland (not really hit ground running this season), so Dykes has found himself from being on the fringes of the squad to now being spoken as 1st or 2nd choice striker 

He took his bloody time about making his mind up (and I know that I've said a few times I was convinced he'd pick Australia) but I guess it's good to have another striker to pick from. He will undoubtedly get caps if he has declared for us.

These upcoming games definitely would tie him down to us wouldn't they ?

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He took his bloody time about making his mind up (and I know that I've said a few times I was convinced he'd pick Australia) but I guess it's good to have another striker to pick from. He will undoubtedly get caps if he has declared for us.

These upcoming games definitely would tie him down to us wouldn't they ?

as UEFA count them as qualifiers, they are officially full internationals, so yes he will be tied down.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

as UEFA count them as qualifiers, they are officially full internationals, so yes he will be tied down.

Now that Dykes is apparently on board, it wouldn't surprise me if Clarke was to give him the No. 9 jersey and throw him right in at the deep end for these two games.

9 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Whats Griffiths being behind edouard got to do with Scotland, Griffiths was scoring before the lockdown and looked nearly back to his best. Fair enough there has been some problems during the lockdown with him but if he's back playing in the next couple of weeks then he's defo ahead of someone like dykes. 

Fair enough shankland hasnt scored many at spl level but he does have an amazing record for the last few years which is much better than dykes did at qos. He's only played 1 game so far so he deserves more chances to prove his worth in the spl. Personally I would have them pretty equal in terms of selection for Scotland. Dykes has only had 1 decent season in the top flight of Scotland. 

There's also Kevin Nisbet who has scored something like 60 goals in his last 80 games and looks like he's going to do alright in the Scottish top flight. 

McBurnie is easily ahead of him I think that goes without saying. 

Naismith has played well recently for Scotland and proved his worth at a high level for Everton and was good at rangers when they were challenging for trophies. It is disappointing that he's playing championship football next season but he's still ahead of dykes imo. I can't see dykes ever scoring a hatrick v Chelsea or playing for a team like everton in the epl for several years. Fair enough he's getting old but I would have him ahead of dykes.

If dykes wants to pick us then fair enough and he's good enough for the squad but reality is I don't see him getting much starts unless Griffiths and mcburnie are constantly injured or unavailable which Tbf is defo a possibility with Griffiths being the tadger that he is. With Australia he might get a better chance of starting but its hard to tell. 

Its probably an extremely minor positive that he's picked us but it's not exactly a game changer or a major boost. 

I thought you meant griffiths would be first pick for celtic. However he was clearly not in the right mindset last year and jury is out again this year. Id be pleasantly surprised if he plays fot scotland again.

Shankland has scored a total of 0 goals in the SPL in fact Nisbet has scored more albeit each of those 3 were in one game. Nisbet and shankland have a lot to prove before they are on a par with dykes. Dykes scored over an entire season for livingston in the SPL. 

Naismith proved his worth at a high level when he was still capable of playing at a high level, everton was years ago now as was his stint ag rangers. He isnt that good anymore and is now playing at a poor level. He is also injured alot. 

Mcburnie is the only striker we have playing at a reasonable level. 

The future is hopefully nisbet and shankland but theyve not proved anything yet.