Season 22/23 - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I read that the Norwegian and Swedish teams get more ash for their TV but less per game. I would have no problem with less per game. every game is screened live in the Dutch, Swedish and Norwegian league whilst we get the OF away season ticket

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4/1 for the draw and 6/1 for Rangers to win tonight is rather generous IMO

Maybe the bookies have priced the game based on Rangers performance at the weekend

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said: every game is screened live in the Dutch, Swedish and Norwegian league whilst we get the OF away season ticket

Is all games live a good thing? Myself and my father haven’t set foot in Easter Road since the dodgy firestick became a thing 

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Is all games live a good thing? Myself and my father haven’t set foot in Easter Road since the dodgy firestick became a thing 

I'd still go to Pittodrie if I was back in the north east. I woupd go every week but I'd go to 7 or 8 per season.

Other countries stream all of their games in other countries but they still attract supporters 

On 9/7/2022 at 9:52 AM, vanderark14 said:

I read that the Norwegian and Swedish teams get more ash for their TV but less per game. I would have no problem with less per game. every game is screened live in the Dutch, Swedish and Norwegian league whilst we get the OF away season ticket

I'd rather we got less TV money and more folk through the gates. It's a spectator sport after all, not a TV show. 

Having every game on TV would see crowds decrease. 

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd rather we got less TV money and more folk through the gates. It's a spectator sport after all, not a TV show. 

This is my hope whenever Celtic & Rangers finally find a different league. 3:00 kick-offs with minimal TV.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I would love that to happen but its wishful thinking on our part, TV is part of the game now so we should be getting something better than we currently have

16 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Football has been cancelled, I’m disappointed that we’re missing out on the chance to go second, I’m glad that my club wont be dragged through the gutter on sky sports tomorrow by morons. 

They’re talking about calling off next weekends matches as well now ffs! Despite my best intentions I’m starting to get annoyed already with this shit. 🙈

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

They’re talking about calling off next weekends matches as well now ffs! Despite my best intentions I’m starting to get annoyed already with this shit. 🙈

Yeah, our kids matches got cancelled just before the announcements were made, with rumours of it being a 10 day postponement, which would bring in next Sunday too. 

I get why they’re doing it this weekend, but next weekend is completely unnecessary. 

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Yeah, our kids matches got cancelled just before the announcements were made, with rumours of it being a 10 day postponement, which would bring in next Sunday too. 

I get why they’re doing it this weekend, but next weekend is completely unnecessary. 

And we'd all laugh at North Korea if they did the same. State of the UK.

29 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Just waiting on DDYFA calling off our boys' matches on Sunday. Next Sunday, surely not?

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

I turned on to the Calder road in Edinburgh today, 20 metre high electronic advertising boards all changed to lizzies face. North Korea was my first thought 

My BIL works in digital advertising in London, he was working all night to get their hoardings changed to pictures of her face.

On 9/7/2022 at 3:14 PM, dan cake said:

It's great for me just now as I have a broken knee/leg and more or less stuck in. 

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Utterly ridiculous that any matches are being cancelled but especially the kids ffs. I remember when I was playing the QM died and we had to do a mins silence. Why don't they just do that and get on with it 

8 hours ago, dan cake said:

I turned on to the Calder road in Edinburgh today, 20 metre high electronic advertising boards all changed to lizzies face. North Korea was my first thought 

Aye same in Barrhead 🤢

3 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Aye same in Barrhead 🤢

The clientele at "Rumours Bar" will be heartbroken 😄

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Whose decision was it to cancel your kids game ? The team coach or whoever administers their particular league ? It's a ridiculous decision.

I'd find out who it was responsible and give them a piece of your mind.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

The clientele at "Rumours Bar" will be heartbroken 😄

Oh they are, I have some of the guys from school who frequent Rumours on FB and it's a big cry fest 😂

Wouldn't be surprised if they have some sort of display up in the next few days.