Season 22/23 - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 hours ago, stocky said:

Same in France, Germany and  Austria ( although they only have 1 team) 

Look at all European leagues.

It's depressing, I know, but it's not just Scotland, it's every league.

City will win in England this year, that's 6'out of 7 I think 

Spain will be Real or Barca

Sky hype epl up to be better ,but every European league has a top 1 (or 2 if they are lucky) a second level of 2-6 teams and then the rest. 

I don't know the answer, but don't pick on Scotland

Since the war the old firm have won 76% of Scottish trophies.(not including League cup).
Man utd /Liv 34%
Juve/AC 44%
Barc/ Real 59%
Ajax/PSV 59%
Benf/Porto 59%

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, stirlish said:

Since the war the old firm have won 76% of Scottish trophies.(not including League cup).
Man utd /Liv 34%
Juve/AC 44%
Barc/ Real 59%
Ajax/PSV 59%
Benf/Porto 59%

And in the five years rangers played in the lower league, 7 teams won 7 of the 15 trophies available. 

17 hours ago, kumnio said:

Neil McCann is just a polished version of Kris Boyd.

I don't think I will ever see a non OF league winner, which is sad and pathetic. I don't understand how any OF fan with any intelligence can enjoy supporting them, there's no achievement in winning games, cups or leagues IMO.

Ah but it's all about getting it right up the other lot.

Even without Rangers or a full strength version Celtic managed to win every domestic trophy for 3 years in a row. That in itself is ridiculous and shows the complete lack of competition at the time at least (although they got a bit lucky at the end with Lennon back in charge.) I have not really followed Scottish football since the Sourness / Smith era where he used Murrays rubber cheque book to bludgeon his way to success in the league and onto 9IAR and that has been the model since. And that is now two 9IARs in my lifetime. It is a joke.

Even for the OF fans I am amazed so many people seem interested in the SPL. The forgone conclusion of the OF winning it every single year decade after decade and most everything else as well. The dreadful refereeing. The joke that is the split. The horrendous set of cliquey closed shop 'pundits' that are employed by the scant media actually covering the SPL. The whole product is marketed horrendously and yet again Barry Hearn was spot on the money when he said our Game was totally mismanaged and all the folk running it should be sacked. Yet that was many years ago now and they are mostly all still in their jobs doing just as shit as back then. If anything it has got worse.

The problem is that it has become fundamentally boring. You can predict with utter certainty that one of the same two clubs will win the league every single year for decades... How do you make that interesting. You can't, it just becomes exactly what it is... a stale uninteresting product.

Inevitably the clubs that win nothing lose fans to the two clubs who win nearly everything and the problem spirals into a death dive. Strange thing is no one seems to care. The SFA, Doncaster or whoever the hell it is now, the OF and even the smaller SPL clubs (who did nothing to change anything when Rangers were down). All just happy with the deeply mediocre status quo. Meanwhile just across the border the EPL goes to unbelievable levels of success (if money is your measure). Much of the Scottish footballing 'establishment' are really not very likeable. But how do you oust any of these astonishingly useless cunts...

Edited by thplinth

Just watched the weekends highlights. Surprised more hasnt been made of the Sands incident. One of the worst ref decisions in recent memory. How thats not given as a foul is beyond me. Ref, linesman and 4th official will all have a clear view. The only possible reason is that the ref didnt want to give it as a foul as it would have been a certain 2nd yellow if not a straight red.

Not much is made of it because Rangers went onto win 4 nil however that shouldnt matter. Same with Celtic game. 3rd and 4th goals were offside. 4th is blatant, 2 yards at least. 5th is a possible offside aswell but would need VAR to clear up with the lines however from cut of pitch it looks offside.

Im not generally one to suggest bias however the exposure for a wrong decision against the Old Firm is much higher than for so its probably natural for refs to sub consciously err on the side of the Old Firm.

What we should be doing is making refs full time though. Its a joke that we have part time refs in this day and age.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Just watched the weekends highlights. Surprised more hasnt been made of the Sands incident. One of the worst ref decisions in recent memory. How thats not given as a foul is beyond me. Ref, linesman and 4th official will all have a clear view. The only possible reason is that the ref didnt want to give it as a foul as it would have been a certain 2nd yellow if not a straight red.

Not much is made of it because Rangers went onto win 4 nil however that shouldnt matter. Same with Celtic game. 3rd and 4th goals were offside. 4th is blatant, 2 yards at least. 5th is a possible offside aswell but would need VAR to clear up with the lines however from cut of pitch it looks offside.

Im not generally one to suggest bias however the exposure for a wrong decision against the Old Firm is much higher than for so its probably natural for refs to sub consciously err on the side of the Old Firm.

What we should be doing is making refs full time though. Its a joke that we have part time refs in this day and age.

It doesn't help when the media in Scotland only go ape shit when the decision goes against the old firm. 

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

As previously said, no one cares before it was a decision that went for an OF player. That referee shouldn’t be demoted, he should be sacked for his incompetence. 

I would fully back Jim Goodwin for hauling Aberdeen off the park and refusing to play on if a decision like that went against Aberdeen, because it sure as shit won’t go for one of the other 10 teams. 

It’s an absolute disgrace if he ever blows a whistle again. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

As previously said, no one cares before it was a decision that went for an OF player. That referee shouldn’t be demoted, he should be sacked for his incompetence. 

I would fully back Jim Goodwin for hauling Aberdeen off the park and refusing to play on if a decision like that went against Aberdeen, because it sure as shit won’t go for one of the other 10 teams. 

Despite the dons decent start I am losing interest in the Scottish Premiership already. Whats the point of it? the OF are already stronger then you see decisions like this happening. They don't and certainly shouldn't need a helping hand

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Im not sure what would be involved in turning the refs pro as its not as simple as just giving them a wage. Are refs in England given a contract length etc?  Ie if you become a full time ref and then dont perform well then you cant just be sacked but equally I cant see many people giving up a secure career to be a full time ref if its on a 1 year rolling contract.

The standard of refs should be something that the other clubs take a stance on. Will be interesting what happens when VAR comes in because decisions like Sands would either have to be overturned at the time to a sending off or their will be real questions asked. Would the 10 other clubs take a stance though? I cant see it to be honest.

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

Even without Rangers or a full strength version Celtic managed to win every domestic trophy for 3 years in a row. That in itself is ridiculous and shows the complete lack of competition at the time at least (although they got a bit lucky at the end with Lennon back in charge.) I have not really followed Scottish football since the Sourness / Smith era where he used Murrays rubber cheque book to bludgeon his way to success in the league and onto 9IAR and that has been the model since. And that is now two 9IARs in my lifetime. It is a joke.

Even for the OF fans I am amazed so many people seem interested in the SPL. The forgone conclusion of the OF winning it every single year decade after decade and most everything else as well. The dreadful refereeing. The joke that is the split. The horrendous set of cliquey closed shop 'pundits' that are employed by the scant media actually covering the SPL. The whole product is marketed horrendously and yet again Barry Hearn was spot on the money when he said our Game was totally mismanaged and all the folk running it should be sacked. Yet that was many years ago now and they are mostly all still in their jobs doing just as shit as back then. If anything it has got worse.

The problem is that it has become fundamentally boring. You can predict with utter certainty that one of the same two clubs will win the league every single year for decades... How do you make that interesting. You can't, it just becomes exactly what it is... a stale uninteresting product.

Inevitably the clubs that win nothing lose fans to the two clubs who win nearly everything and the problem spirals into a death dive. Strange thing is no one seems to care. The SFA, Doncaster or whoever the hell it is now, the OF and even the smaller SPL clubs (who did nothing to change anything when Rangers were down). All just happy with the deeply mediocre status quo. Meanwhile just across the border the EPL goes to unbelievable levels of success (if money is your measure). Much of the Scottish footballing 'establishment' are really not very likeable. But how do you oust any of these astonishingly useless cunts...

great post

am surprised that Disney have not launched a bid for sponsorship ; 

Mickey Mouse league

7 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

you clearly don't understand the new offside rule 

45 minutes ago, dj mick said:

you clearly don't understand the new offside rule 

I believe you are thinking of the 1st goal where Kyogo is in an offside position when the initial ball is played through (not to him) but then he gets himself back onside for the next pass. This isnt offside however the 3rd goal he is ahead of the ball when the pass is cut to him so therefore offside.

The 4th is blatant. Jota is a good 2 yards ahead of the ball when its played. 

Go have a look at the goals again on Sportscene. 

Good to see 3 academy graduates in the Rangers starting XI tonight (4 if you could 80 year old Allan McGregor) and young Robbie sure opening the scoring after 8 minutes. Queens just equalised there so not plain sailing for Rangers. And Ryan Jack playing centre half is a strange one! 

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Good to see 3 academy graduates in the Rangers starting XI tonight (4 if you could 80 year old Allan McGregor) and young Robbie sure opening the scoring after 8 minutes. Queens just equalised there so not plain sailing for Rangers. And Ryan Jack playing centre half is a strange one! 

The QOTS goal was a belter. 

Daily Record are reporting that 11 clubs have agreed to this new sky TV deal. Rangers are holding it up. It needs to be a case of all 12 clubs in agreement but rangers have yet to decide

This is probably the only time I'll say it but well played rangers, I hope you don't give in.

Edited by vanderark14

19 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Another 9 nil happening?

If the Real Madrid game wasnt midweek then possibly

There is also no need for the Polis to ask them in the dressing room at half time to take their foot off the gas