Season 22/23 - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm with you on everything except the lundstram red, he is coming from behind with absolutely no chance of getting the ball, he's not sliding alongside.

He is coming from behind but he doesnt go through the back. The actual contact is more akin to a flick from the side. Ie he hits the side of the hibs players foot rather than coming in via the heel. 

Id be amazed if it isnt overturned.

Whether he has a chance of winning the ball or not doesnt factor into whether its a red or not. (He has zero chance of winning the ball). If that was a factor then every pull of the jersey from behind would be a red card as you cant win the ball with a shirt pull.

Its a cynical foul but by the rules it can only be a yellow.

Rangers dont deserve to win these games though which is why they wont win the league. They are far to much possession based. Great for Europe. Risky in Scotland.

I have to say, the EPL this season so far is the most entertaining it's been in years.  It seems the refs have been instructed to let a lot more things go so we're seeing almost 90s style games with proper challenges and a lot less diving and writhing about.  And in the 3 or 4 games I've seen both teams seem to want to attack so it's been much better than the pish most of them were churning out in recent seasons.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I have to say, the EPL this season so far is the most entertaining it's been in years.  It seems the refs have been instructed to let a lot more things go so we're seeing almost 90s style games with proper challenges and a lot less diving and writhing about.  And in the 3 or 4 games I've seen both teams seem to want to attack so it's been much better than the pish most of them were churning out in recent seasons.

It’s very noticeable even at National League level that the refs have been given new guidance this season.

12 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

10 hours ago, aaid said:

It’s very noticeable even at National League level that the refs have been given new guidance this season.

Wholly fuck, no wonder......

23 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

With the very limited Epl football I've seen.id agree regarding the regs but I disagree regarding the less diving and rolling about. There was plenty of it during the Man Utd v Liverpool match. 

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Lundstram’s red downgraded to a yellow in the least surprising move ever. 

I cam still see why it was given, an ex ref commented on sky why it was a red card. There was more malice and venom in lundstrams challenge is what he said.

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I cam still see why it was given, an ex ref commented on sky why it was a red card. There was more malice and venom in lundstrams challenge is what he said.

It was definitely as cynical a challenge as you'll see but I disagree entirely that there was any venom in it at all.  In terms of contact he's barely touched the boy and if you look at it, it looks like he's purposely done enough to just knock him off his feet. 

If you want to see malice and venom have a look at Ally Love's tackle on Lowry at the end of last night's B game against Dumbarton (which was only deemed a yellow btw).  And I'm not claiming conspiracy before anyone piles on, just shite officiating as I've been saying for years.

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It was definitely as cynical a challenge as you'll see but I disagree entirely that there was any venom in it at all.  In terms of contact he's barely touched the boy and if you look at it, it looks like he's purposely done enough to just knock him off his feet. 

If you want to see malice and venom have a look at Ally Love's tackle on Lowry at the end of last night's B game against Dumbarton (which was only deemed a yellow btw).  And I'm not claiming conspiracy before anyone piles on, just shite officiating as I've been saying for years.

Just seen the tackle on Lowry and it looks a shocker. Whilst we want to keep the physical nature of the game, we don't want skillful players being driven out or having their careers ended by hammer throwers. Really shouldn't be that difficult to achieve.

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm not sure what relevance a tackle in a lower league game has to do with this one issue.

Collum was right behind him and at pace the tackle would have looked knee high and malicious and believe I'm the last to stick up for collum. 

6 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Just seen the tackle on Lowry and it looks a shocker. Whilst we want to keep the physical nature of the game, we don't want skillful players being driven out or having their careers ended by hammer throwers. Really shouldn't be that difficult to achieve.

Lowry was being Billy Big Bollocks the whole game, being an absolute dick towards the Dumbarton players, especially the keeper and winger, both as young as he is.

You pull that in nonsense at league two level and there is only going to be one ending. Hope the kid is okay and has learned his lesson.

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

after you replied to me I received some messages about this tackle on lowry so I had a look. The footage I have seen is really shit and doesn't show whether this was the "assault on a young boy" the huns on social media claim it to be

1 minute ago, Denny’s Yard said:

The whole “assault on a young boy” narrative is a nonsense anyway. He isn’t 9. He is playing men’s football.

If they are so concerned with his safety, don't play them in lower leagues which tend to be much more physical

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If they are so concerned with his safety, don't play them in lower leagues which tend to be much more physical

Absolutely agree. Rangers especially have pushed for B teams in the cup and lower league. Then they get a taste of what those lower leagues can be like and it is a complete melt down.

Edited by Denny’s Yard

41 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We got shafted even more than you did at the weekend!

I saw them earlier, 2 shockers.

Still, at least the County players are now banned and won't face us! 😋

Edited by Fairbairn

1 hour ago, Denny’s Yard said:

Absolutely agree. Rangers especially have pushed for B teams in the cup and lower league. Then they get a taste of what those lower leagues can be like and it is a complete melt down.

Shouldn’t come as a surprise to them, they were in the lower leagues quite recently themselves 😜