Season 22/23 - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, stocky said:

Liverpool won 9-0 yesterday.

Just in case you missed that

Yeah, it's not just the humpings I'm on about, it's the fact that 4 games into the season, is pretty blatantly obvious which one of two teams are going to win the league, yet again

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

4 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Yeah, it's not just the humpings I'm on about, it's the fact that 4 games into the season, is pretty blatantly obvious which one of two teams are going to win the league, yet again

1 team is (almost) guaranteed to win the league in the Netherlands, Austria, Germany and France.

1 team of 2 is (almost) guaranteed to win the league in Spain, Portugal, Belgium, England.

Its normal in many countries. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Same in France, Germany and  Austria ( although they only have 1 team) 

Look at all European leagues.

It's depressing, I know, but it's not just Scotland, it's every league.

City will win in England this year, that's 6'out of 7 I think 

Spain will be Real or Barca

Sky hype epl up to be better ,but every European league has a top 1 (or 2 if they are lucky) a second level of 2-6 teams and then the rest. 

I don't know the answer, but don't pick on Scotland

32 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

You honestly can't blame the English for taking the piss out of our league.

They had a 9 nil game themselves yesterday

I'm one of those who doesn't give a flying fuck what the English or any other nation thinks of Scottish football

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

1 team is (almost) guaranteed to win the league in the Netherlands, Austria, Germany and France.

1 team of 2 is (almost) guaranteed to win the league in Spain, Portugal, Belgium, England.

It's become the normal because of the bastard champions league. 

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

It is, but I suspect most of those countries have had more than two clubs as league champions in the past 36 years.

21 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

utter and complete humiliation for Dundee Utd.  Crushed.  Shouldn’t be in the same league as Celtic and probably won’t be next season.

On paper United look like they should be capable of finishing in the top four. Jack Ross was left a team on the up and added some good players to the mix but he's used the talent at his disposal appallingly. He is a disaster! 😂

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

all the focus is moving to Europe, that’s why they have invented this conference league.  We are moving to a multi tier European league, with domestic leagues, particularly out of the big guns, becoming increasingly irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Yep, and its only going to get worse, well until a version of the Super League comes into play, then it really will get very strange.

At least scotland set the trend. We haven't had a Non OF winner since 85, in 3 years it will be 40 years since a non OF team won the Scottish top division. Scottish football has been doing for years what has only recently become the in thing 🤣🤣

At least the other leagues get the odd upset. Other than the Croatian league has any other league had only two winners for such a lengthy period? I doubt it

36 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Yep, and its only going to get worse, well until a version of the Super League comes into play, then it really will get very strange.

According to that clown Neil mccan, he sick hearing about how the CL money will widen the gap, according to him we should all be happy there are two Scottish clubs in the CL. 🤣🤣

On today's game, I know there will be plenty fans who get very excited about it but I don't see anything good to come from today. 9 nil is a one off But there will be a lot more 4, 5 and 6 goal wins for celtic and rangers this season, especially celtic as they look amazing compared to the other ten clubs.

Neil McCann is just a polished version of Kris Boyd.

I don't think I will ever see a non OF league winner, which is sad and pathetic. I don't understand how any OF fan with any intelligence can enjoy supporting them, there's no achievement in winning games, cups or leagues IMO.

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Man City or Liverpool?

Real Madrid or Barca?

PSG?

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Man City or Liverpool?

Real Madrid or Barca?

PSG?

As I've said above, even those leagues get the odd upset. Ours hasn't had s different winner in almost 40 years ☹️

I don't see how Jack Ross survives that. That was truly desperate stuff and the players have obviously chucked it.  Most of them need hoofed out the door as well.  I'm not a Utd fan but I had my hands over my eyes for most of that 2nd half as that could've been 12 or 13 easily.  Feel really sorry for their supporters but fully understand that the Dees would've been pissing themselves laughing.  FFS that defending for Starfelt's header from the corner and the guy seeing Abada running into position, making no attempt to track back and then shouting at one of the central defenders for not seeing him coming in on his blind side?  Utterly disgraceful performance.

3 minutes ago, daviebee said:

I don't see how Jack Ross survives that. That was truly desperate stuff and the players have obviously chucked it.  Most of them need hoofed out the door as well.  I'm not a Utd fan but I had my hands over my eyes for most of that 2nd half as that could've been 12 or 13 easily.  Feel really sorry for their supporters but fully understand that the Dees would've been pissing themselves laughing.  FFS that defending for Starfelt's header from the corner and the guy seeing Abada running into position, making no attempt to track back and then shouting at one of the central defenders for not seeing him coming in on his blind side?  Utterly disgraceful performance.

I would usually be the first to laugh at a rival team getting humped but to me it's not funny. It's alarming.

58 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I would usually be the first to laugh at a rival team getting humped but to me it's not funny. It's alarming.

United were my dad's team so I find it quite sad. The 1-0 against AZ at Tannadice was an excellent result and fully deserved, probably should have gone to the Netherlands with a two goal lead. The wheels have fallen off very quickly. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

There's a rumour going around saying the owners son is interfering with the team tactix and selection.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

it's not funny. It's alarming.

In this case, it can be both.

I don't tend to care what happens to Utd, but seeing a Jack Ross team getting dubbed is always funny. Add to that, the absolute gimp Asghar hopefully at risk, well its funny all round.

9 hours ago, kumnio said:

Always thought France was a bit odd, how there was no really big second team in a city the size of Paris. Never mind the number of big clubs in a city the size of London or Istanbul.