Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 222 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/21/2023 at 10:16 AM, er yir macaroon said:

I don’t agree with that at all. He’s reasonable with his back to goal and has a lovely weight of pass. He doesn’t have great pace but he’s a good all round footballer. 

I defended him a few weeks ago after being rusty from long term injury and said judge him in January… 

Absent again today. As I said, he will do well against lesser teams when Hibs dominate but against Hearts, Aberdeen and the OF he will be poor more often than not.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Spot on. We have ample other better options out there such as Shankland, Nisbet and Stewart.

Also agree, S.Clarke gave McBurnie more than his fair chance to shine for the Dark Blue 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

I’d say Scotlands options up front are from 

C.Adams L.Dykes J.Brown R.Stewart K.Nisbet L.Shankland 

And I can’t see Clarke picking all 6 from above, meaning McBurnie is not even remotely close - not even worthy of a mention……..

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why is Tierney on the bench? McTominay just had a good crack at goal...

My understanding is Arteta favours Zinchenko over Tierney, they say Zinchenko offers more going forward 

But it all came about with Tierney’s injury and Arsenal went out and bought imo Zinchenko as cover but now seems Zinchenko favoured instead….. 

Hoping Scott McTominay runs over Zinchenko today and allows Tierney another run in the Team 

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Is the lad that good? Did Arsenal change their formation? Thought when healthy KT owned that left back position. Maybe I may have missed something..

Zinchenko a very good player

Is he better than Tierney, imo No 

31 minutes ago, broraboy said:

My understanding is Arteta favours Zinchenko over Tierney, they say Zinchenko offers more going forward 

But it all came about with Tierney’s injury and Arsenal went out and bought imo Zinchenko as cover but now seems Zinchenko favoured instead….. 

Hoping Scott McTominay runs over Zinchenko today and allows Tierney another run in the Team 

🤣. That's the spirit..👍

1 hour ago, broraboy said:

Zinchenko a very good player

Is he better than Tierney, imo No 

I'm obviously biased but I can't see what Zinchenko does that Tierney can't do. The main thing going against Tierney is he's injury prone.

20 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Oh well he kept a clean sheet at least.

How was he in other departments?

He did, tbf. He looked nervous early on but made several saves during the game, albeit saves you'd expect him to make.

16 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I thought some of it was because of Martinelli. He's been a key player for Arsenal and I think Arteta thinks Zinchenko complements him a bit better on their left. 

I think that’s fair zinchenko does compliment him well , not so sure what that leaves tierney going forwards .

the euro qualifiers are creeping closer and it’s becoming a bigger concern how many of our players are not in favour at club level or in very poor form (Robertson and McGinn)

Also the goalkeeper situation where we are looking at an English championship reserve is of huge concern 

1 hour ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Apart from losing players all over the place , poor distribution , can’t defend to save his life and huge disciplinary problems , he is excellent 

Hes had some good games for scotland recently but i can understand why alot of man utd fans dont like him. He can have poor games for them and if you compare him to some of the great man utd midfielders then hes probably not the standard they expect. 

Saying that he does have some good games for them. Just not enough to be a regular starter imo. I think a mid table team is more his level but man utd like to have youth players in the first team squad so i doubt he leaves.

13 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hes had some good games for scotland recently but i can understand why alot of man utd fans dont like him. He can have poor games for them and if you compare him to some of the great man utd midfielders then hes probably not the standard they expect. 

Saying that he does have some good games for them. Just not enough to be a regular starter imo. I think a mid table team is more his level but man utd like to have youth players in the first team squad so i doubt he leaves.

The only part of McToms game that I think he really needs to work on is his tracking. He seems to spot the runs and goes with them but doesnt get close enough to the runner to actually prevent them from receiving the ball. Its like he believes he can close the gap once the ball is played, which is fine against some players but the top players will already have passed or shot by the time he is there. I think this is a mentality thing that can be fixed though.

Other than that he just needs some clear direction on what his role is. He isnt a defensive mid but Man Utd have had to use him there so thats how ppl judge him. For me he is an old school box to box. Its no surprise that other Prem teams want him. The fact Newcastle are constantly linked with him is an indicator that he has talent.