Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 219 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

1 minute ago, breeks_mctavish said:

I went to the Boro v Brighton cup tie last weekend (sonโ€™s a Brighton fan, he grew up round there) and I kept an eye on Hackney. Looked quite out his depth to be honest. Fair enough, heโ€™s inexperienced and Brighton have Mac Allister and Caicedo in midfield and are a fine team. Based on that game there looked an enormous gap between the Premier League and Championship. Not writing off the kid, of course

Don't cap him.๐Ÿ˜„

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

I went to the Boro v Brighton cup tie last weekend (sonโ€™s a Brighton fan, he grew up round there) and I kept an eye on Hackney. Looked quite out his depth to be honest. Fair enough, heโ€™s inexperienced and Brighton have Mac Allister and Caicedo in midfield and are a fine team. Based on that game there looked an enormous gap between the Premier League and Championship. Not writing off the kid, of course

You don't need to make excuses for your son being a Brighton fan, all sorts are allowed on the TAMB.ย 

9 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Ha! True!

More importantly heโ€™ll be going to his first Scotland game v Cyprus. Cannie risk an Angus Gunn situation!

Thesaint will get you & your son banned fae tamb until you can both recite Mel Gibsons Wallace freedom speech fae memory ๐Ÿ˜œ

2 minutes ago, bookerman said:

Mixed news for the scots in the brighton V Liverpool game

Doak got on for the last 20 minuites for Liverpool

Gilmour again stuck to the bench again for the third game in a row, Dont know what going on with that. Thaough he did fine in the arsenel game.

A world cup winner in his place could be the reason.ย 

11 minutes ago, bookerman said:

Mixed news for the scots in the brighton V Liverpool game

Doak got on for the last 20 minuites for Liverpool

Gilmour again stuck to the bench again for the third game in a row, Dont know what going on with that. Thaough he did fine in the arsenel game.

Most feedback seems to be fairly positive. Won a freekick and a corner and made some decent tackles. From what I read.

Hopefully he'll get a start against Wolves in the cup to really flex properly.ย 

15 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

A world cup winner in his place could be the reason.ย 

Not sure aboutย  that, think itย  Caicedo he competing with for game time, either way, brighton won there last 3 games 4-1, 5-1 and now 3-0 and he still hasent got on.

ย 

ย 

Not a great deal to talk about from the games today apart from Doak still getting game time for Liverpool from the bench that is great to see.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Gimour needs another move as he is again stuck in a team he can't get in the team. Some great players in front of him, but when you are 3 nil up you would think it would be an ideal time to rest your superstar players and give Gilmour a chance. I would like him to go abroad and try and get more games rather than another move in the epl or spl.

47 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Nisbet double. Probably our best striker now. Goal scoring wise anyway.ย 

Nisbet now has the same number of non-penalty goals as Shankland (7) and has done it in only 5 games...

He's also nearly 2 years younger than Shankland. It seems like this long injury lay off has actually benefitted him, oddly. He was obviously doing something right in his rehab!

43 minutes ago, stitch said:

Not a great deal to talk about from the games today apart from Doak still getting game time for Liverpool from the bench that is great to see.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Gimour needs another move as he is again stuck in a team he can't get in the team. Some great players in front of him, but when you are 3 nil up you would think it would be an ideal time to rest your superstar players and give Gilmour a chance. I would like him to go abroad and try and get more games rather than another move in the epl or spl.

If you could the championship as abroad thatโ€™s as far as his next move takes himย 

4 hours ago, bookerman said:

Not sure aboutย  that, think itย  Caicedo he competing with for game time, either way, brighton won there last 3 games 4-1, 5-1 and now 3-0 and he still hasent got on.

ย 

ย 

Yes, I think you're right: Caicedo and Gilmour competing for the deep-lying midfielder slot. From the odd interviews I've heard with the Brighton Manager, it sounds like De Zerbi likes Gilmour has even praised him on the few recent appearances he has had. But unfortunately he clearly likes Caicedo more at present (which isn't such a big suprise given the performances he's consistently given the team). So a difficult situation for Billy Gilmour.

(I have a hunch that De Zerbi wanted to use a run in the Carabao Cup to feature and develop Gilmour and some of his other players struggling for game time.ย  It was most unfortunate that they got knocked out by Charlton on penalties.)ย 

Who knows, maybe Caicedo will develop a niggle or lose a wee bit of form. Then surely Billy will get another chance?

5 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Most feedback seems to be fairly positive. Won a freekick and a corner and made some decent tackles. From what I read.

Hopefully he'll get a start against Wolves in the cup to really flex properly.ย 

I thought Doak was pretty good when he came on. One of Liverpool's few bright points today.

Few tartan specs being worn by some on here re Doak.

Thought he did next to nothing when he came on. Only positive I can think of is that he didnโ€™t appear to lack confidence and was always looking for the ball. If Iโ€™m honest though he didnโ€™t do anything with it. Someone in an earlier post saying โ€œhe won a cornerโ€. I mean ffs is that a highlight? Clearly the boy is talented to be where he is, but itโ€™s desperate stuff to say he did anything of note yesterday. Letโ€™s keep it real.

Been very impressed with Nisbet since he can back. Not just scoring goals, but really good goals. He must be one of the most natural finishers weโ€™ve had for a while. Just remains to be seen if he can do it consistently at international level.ย 

24 minutes ago, Marky said:

Thought he did next to nothing when he came on. Only positive I can think of is that he didnโ€™t appear to lack confidence and was always looking for the ball. If Iโ€™m honest though he didnโ€™t do anything with it. Someone in an earlier post saying โ€œhe won a cornerโ€. I mean ffs is that a highlight? Clearly the boy is talented to be where he is, but itโ€™s desperate stuff to say he did anything of note yesterday. Letโ€™s keep it real.

Been very impressed with Nisbet since he can back. Not just scoring goals, but really good goals. He must be one of the most natural finishers weโ€™ve had for a while. Just remains to be seen if he can do it consistently at international level.ย 

Take into account though that Liverpool were playing rank rotten, How did Robertson do? Pretty badly. No doubt he will be a key part of our next squad.

I do get your point though about celebrating him winning a corner etc. Bit daft. What he needs is a start and full 90 minutes to really have a chance to impress not just a few minutes here and a few minutes there.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

34 minutes ago, Marky said:

Yes but don't forget he's scoring against poor SPL defences.