Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 225 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

Gilmour not starting in the cup even though the player who normally plays is out the squad due to transfer speculation. A defender has been pushed up into centre mid. Not good signs at all from Gilmour. Worrying that there hasnt been any real word about him being unhappy or wanting a move.

No Doak on Liverpool bench either btw

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Gilmour not starting in the cup even though the player who normally plays is out the squad due to transfer speculation. A defender has been pushed up into centre mid. Not good signs at all from Gilmour. Worrying that there hasnt been any real word about him being unhappy or wanting a move.

No Doak on Liverpool bench either btw

Don't know what is going on with Gilmour. Two terrible moves.. first to a shit Norwich and then to a Brighton team who's manager has absolutely no interest in playing him. Can't believe that a guy with so much technical ability won't force his way into the team though. 

10 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Don't know what is going on with Gilmour. Two terrible moves.. first to a shit Norwich and then to a Brighton team who's manager has absolutely no interest in playing him. Can't believe that a guy with so much technical ability won't force his way into the team though. 

The Brighton manager who brought him in is no longer there

33 minutes ago, dan cake said:

The Brighton manager who brought him in is no longer there

Yes i know, but still don't understand the new managers lack of interest in playing Gilmour. Surely he can see what a good player Gilmour is whether he brought him in or not. Dissapointing to say the least. 

Just now, thesaint said:

Yes i know, but still don't understand the new managers lack of interest in playing Gilmour. Surely he can see what a good player Gilmour is whether he brought him in or not. Dissapointing to say the least. 

He’s been very complimentary of him in the press but he always mentions his age. Maybe he prefers playing more experienced players over Gilmour. Still doesn’t explain how he barely gets off the bench mind. Hope Caceido leave so it’s just Gross that he has to compete with for a place in the side

32 minutes ago, csinclair said:

He’s been very complimentary of him in the press but he always mentions his age. Maybe he prefers playing more experienced players over Gilmour. Still doesn’t explain how he barely gets off the bench mind. Hope Caceido leave so it’s just Gross that he has to compete with for a place in the side

I might be prepared to accept that if he wasn't playing an 18-year-old at centre forward.

IMO this fella at Brighton represents the worst of both worlds for Gilmour is concerned: he's not bad enough a manager to get sacked but he's not good enough a coach to teach Gilmour anything he doesn't already know. Plus he appears to have very little inclination to play him.

12 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Rarely spotted billy gilmour on his way 

Needs to take chances to impress when they come his way. Can't keep blaming every club manager he has for not playing him. It's up to gilmour to play himself into the team. 

58 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I might be prepared to accept that if he wasn't playing an 18-year-old at centre forward.

IMO this fella at Brighton represents the worst of both worlds for Gilmour is concerned: he's not bad enough a manager to get sacked but he's not good enough a coach to teach Gilmour anything he doesn't already know. Plus he appears to have very little inclination to play him.

I would not blame the manager, Gilmour has got a World Cup winner in front of him and a player who's probably worth £65 million plus There's probably not too many of our players who could get into that Brighton line up at present.

16 hours ago, thesaint said:

Get in there. Super Ollie. 😂😁😁😁

Watched the game and my word McBurnie was pish. Scored a header yes,  free header against a non league team. Touch was terrible & he offered zero in open play. He’s miles away from an international player. 

4 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Watched the game and my word McBurnie was pish. Scored a header yes,  free header against a non league team. Touch was terrible & he offered zero in open play. He’s miles away from an international player. 

Genuinely surprised that hes made it to the level he has. I suppose he does have the knack of scoring goals which is pretty important in football but in terms of general all round ability he seems to be terrible. He should be playing league 1 or 2 imo. Either way i would much rather give nisbet or stewart a chance or even conway. 

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

McBurnie wasn't pish. As the ex player who was commentating on the game said he and the big centre forward were playing well off of each other. Some of the balls he was playing to him were good. Only came off as he is still getting back to fitness after injury. Just be honest no matter how he played most on this forum wouldn't give him any credit anyway. 

23 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I would not blame the manager, Gilmour has got a World Cup winner in front of him and a player who's probably worth £65 million plus There's probably not too many of our players who could get into that Brighton line up at present.

He might have a Sweden international ahead of him too now:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/3041881/albion-sign-ayari-from-aik

This boy is 19. If he plays ahead of Gilmour it makes the Brighton manager's excuse about Gilmour's age seem even thinner.

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

He might have a Sweden international ahead of him too now:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/3041881/albion-sign-ayari-from-aik

This boy is 19. If he plays ahead of Gilmour it makes the Brighton manager's excuse about Gilmour's age seem even thinner.

Obviously depends what type of midfielder he is (sitting defensive, box-to-box, playmaker, attacking etc) but I would agree with your general point. If he's a similar player to Gilmour and takes his player it wouldn't be good news.