Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 221 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, noctonjock said:

2 goals for Jacob brown for stoke today 

The reliable source that is Flashscores says he scored one.  Although they also said that Scott Mctominays injury time goal against Israel was an unstoppable header into the top corner!

14 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Noticed McBurnie got 10 minutes at the end of of the Sheffield United game on Friday. Only touched the ball 9 times, got a yellow card but still the United faithful managed to create a two page topic praising him.

I reckon if he's fit there is a pretty good chance he will be called up in March.

He is having a decent season for Sheffield United who look like they will be promoted again.

But we have seen many times he is just not an international footballer

2 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

He is having a decent season for Sheffield United who look like they will be promoted again.

But we have seen many times he is just not an international footballer

I'd rather have Kevin Nisbet in the team. 

13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Noticed McBurnie got 10 minutes at the end of of the Sheffield United game on Friday. Only touched the ball 9 times, got a yellow card but still the United faithful managed to create a two page topic praising him.

I reckon if he's fit there is a pretty good chance he will be called up in March.

Was that 3 touches for every pass he received?

13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Spiffing strike rate at Sheffield United - a goal every nine games. Just what we need - not.

22 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

See that Gunn has been dropped from the last handful of Norwich games......

Thankfully we have Zander Clark, currently flapping at crosses in the Edinburgh derby.

I can't wait for March.

29 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Had a good game, I thought. Haven't been too impressed by him in his fleeting appearances for Scotland but he's on form just now and he played well today.

Seems to be very much on the upgrade though. 

I wonder how long we can continue to pencil in Dykes considering his recent form. 

11 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Seems to be very much on the upgrade though. 

I wonder how long we can continue to pencil in Dykes considering his recent form. 

I'd still select Dykes - he's shown he can cut it at international level - but I'm not sure I'd start him.

Good to see Aaron Hickey on the bench for Brentford. Hopefully he'll be back playing soon rather than later.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Funny that, you look at a Wikipedia page and say that. Sheffield United fans watch him every week and say he is exactly what they need. 

Sheffield United can keep him for international breaks. We need international goalscorers and McBurnie has already shown he is not that. Nisbet on the other hand has shown he knows where the net is and against top quality opposition too,