Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 217 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

If only he’d had 10 penalties this season 

😅 Apparently only 2 non-penalty goals behind Shankland and has probably played around 15 games less. 

I don't want to take anything away from Shankland, because he is obviously having a fantastic season, but Nisbet is 2 years younger than him and I feel is a more natural finisher. He has a bit of a Gary Hooper about him. Not world class, but a very good spearhead to finish attacks.

20 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Doak would be great to have in the squad to bring off the bench when opposition are tiring. The kid looks like he has no fear. 

I don't remember Gilmour having played much more than Doak has when he got his first call up. Although Ramsey did very well at Aberdeen, it wasn't until he got a few minutes for Liverpool that he got a callup (not much more than Doak has). Same with Patterson, he'd had half a dozen starts max when he got called up.

Clarke has a track record of calling up inexperienced youths. He's not one for including people based on purple patches, but he will make exceptions for supreme talents like Doak, Patterson and Gilmour. It would not surprise me one bit if he's in the March squad.

54 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I don't remember Gilmour having played much more than Doak has when he got his first call up. Although Ramsey did very well at Aberdeen, it wasn't until he got a few minutes for Liverpool that he got a callup (not much more than Doak has). Same with Patterson, he'd had half a dozen starts max when he got called up.

Clarke has a track record of calling up inexperienced youths. He's not one for including people based on purple patches, but he will make exceptions for supreme talents like Doak, Patterson and Gilmour. It would not surprise me one bit if he's in the March squad.

I suspect he might remain in the u21s and get full games alongside Rory Wilson. It’s 50:50 for me as he looks good enough for the full squad, but he’s not long turned 17. 

Full squad for me. If he's good enough to be on the fringes for Liverpool and to have had some promising game time, he should be with the Scotland squad in preparation for becoming a regular starter. He's already beyond the potential development time he'd be getting with the 21's. Better to get him used to training and playing with the full squad. He's already holding his own with better players in Liverpool training 😂

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Full squad for me. If he's good enough to be on the fringes for Liverpool and to have had some promising game time, he should be with the Scotland squad in preparation for becoming a regular starter. He's already beyond the potential development time he'd be getting with the 21's. Better to get him used to training and playing with the full squad. He's already holding his own with better players in Liverpool training 😂

I would agree if he was a year or more older, but will have another think in March. 

4 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I suspect he might remain in the u21s and get full games alongside Rory Wilson. It’s 50:50 for me as he looks good enough for the full squad, but he’s not long turned 17. 

I literally cannot see any upside in having one of our most talented young players spend a week with Scot Gemmill.

49 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Another couple of surging runs from Doig. One draws a yellow, the other a corner. Commentator right than if Lahovic didn't have both goals, Doig would be front runner for MoM. Keeps playing like this another bigger Serie A team will take him. 

Our young players seem be thriving in italy. We should give their clubs a discount on any young scottish player they want to sign. Try and encourage our young players to head out there like hickey doig etc.