Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 246 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

19 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I thought he was Chripper originally but he’s Dohadeer. Both massive pains in the arse but I don’t think they are the same person. 

That sounds about right.  Don't know how people like that can be bothered with being so irritating.  We're all guilty of it occasionally but the consistency with which he does it is quite something 🙄

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, todd said:

That sounds about right.  Don't know how people like that can be bothered with being so irritating.  We're all guilty of it occasionally but the consistency with which he does it is quite something 🙄

It’s probably my daily stress release, to come on here and call out mistakes. Ironically, it seems to cause others no end of stress though!

I think football fans on the whole talk a huge amount of utter nonsense, particularly with regards to the biased opinions and unrealistic expectations they have towards their own team. I like to try and challenge those opinions, rather than letting them go unchecked.

14 minutes ago, Whelky75 said:

It’s probably my daily stress release, to come on here and call out mistakes. Ironically, it seems to cause others no end of stress though!

I think football fans on the whole talk a huge amount of utter nonsense, particularly with regards to the biased opinions and unrealistic expectations they have towards their own team. I like to try and challenge those opinions, rather than letting them go unchecked.

What a load of shite !! 🖕

5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

less than a year ago.  He has probably had about half his caps in defence

A year is a long time in football. It looks like Clarke no longer has any intention of playing McTominay in defence now he appears to have found central defenders he trusts.

If McTominay is ever played there in future it will likely be because Clarke feels he has no choice due to injuries. Hopefully it will never come to that. 

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

A year is a long time in football. It looks like Clarke no longer has any intention of playing McTominay in defence now he appears to have found central defenders he trusts.

If McTominay is ever played there in future it will likely be because Clarke feels he has no choice due to injuries. Hopefully it will never come to that. 

He was only ever played there to shoe horn him into the side 

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Yes I agree with this.

2 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

He was only ever played there to shoe horn him into the side 

I’m not sure that’s 100% true. I don’t think Clarke trusted anyone else to play in that position in back 3. I’m sure he could have found a place for him in midfield (as he has done several times since) if he was happy with his central defenders. 

2 hours ago, bigfingers said:

A few arsenal fans thinking Tierney should be starting ahead of Zinchenko from now on. Looked a bit weak defensively. 

I was thinking the same, Tierney has won titles before, he knows what too expect.

23 hours ago, Whelky75 said:

Firstly, I don’t believe you.

Secondly, if that’s true, is that something to brag about?

why not ? - it's not uncommon  - farming people do not exactly move around - we have 2 farmhouses - been in family since 1946 and 1970 - phone bill was still in grandfathers name and he died in 1972 .... & folk didnt really move about afor that -  

2nd point - not sure which element you are discussing - being scottish or family being from tight knit communities  

57 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

why not ? - it's not uncommon  - farming people do not exactly move around - we have 2 farmhouses - been in family since 1946 and 1970 - phone bill was still in grandfathers name and he died in 1972 .... & folk didnt really move about afor that -  

2nd point - not sure which element you are discussing - being scottish or family being from tight knit communities  

I think I might have misunderstood you - I initially thought you meant all eight of your great-grandparents lived within a 30-mile circumference of where you still live to this day. Now I think you may mean only one line of your family, which is obviously nowhere near as uncommon. (Describing a ‘30-mile circumference’ suggests a lack of understanding of maths though. I’m not sure why you’d choose to describe it in that way - I think you may be getting the parts of a circle mixed up!)

No idea what you’re going on about with regards to the phone bill though.

1 hour ago, Whelky75 said:

I think I might have misunderstood you - I initially thought you meant all eight of your great-grandparents lived within a 30-mile circumference of where you still live to this day. Now I think you may mean only one line of your family, which is obviously nowhere near as uncommon. (Describing a ‘30-mile circumference’ suggests a lack of understanding of maths though. I’m not sure why you’d choose to describe it in that way - I think you may be getting the parts of a circle mixed up!)

No idea what you’re going on about with regards to the phone bill though.

I think you need to give the guy a personal maths lesson whelky. 

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

Agreed. Pathetic fuss over nothing. 

Agree, totally invaded the linesman's personal space, which is becoming more of a thing nowadays an awkward to watch.

Footage is largely inconclusive, linesman's arm comes up but difficult to tell whether his arm may be pushed upwards by Robertson as the official is trying to step away. Either way it's pathetic stuff.

On 4/8/2023 at 2:47 PM, Toepoke said:

Howler. Does it count as an assist?

Bad mistake from souttar but mcgregor could do slightly better imo. Hes slow and could probably dive in.

Souttars not one of our first choices at the moment anyways and just because he made an error doesn't mean hes a bad defender imo.