Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 247 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

On 4/10/2023 at 7:46 AM, vanderark14 said:

The Robertson incident is embarrassing for Robertson. 

Leave the fuckin refs alone 

15 hours ago, thesaint said:

Yes.Disapointed in Robertson.He was running around like a wee boy telling anybody who would listen to him that THE MAN HIT ME.Grow a pair for f..ks sake Wasn't a good look for him.

Agree with both.

Robertson behaves like a knob at the best of times. 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/9/2023 at 2:34 AM, Whelky75 said:

How would that work?

That’s ‘you’re’, not ‘your’, by the way. Your struggles with the English language are painful to watch.

Your struggle with not been a tedious bore is even more painful to read. Trust me. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

2 hours ago, Kirk said:

Agree with both.

Robertson behaves like a knob at the best of times. 

Whilst I agree that its not a good look for players to hassle officials, im glad Robertson and others are doing it.  For too long have we played the game the right way, trusting that officials would be fair and ref the game without being influenced and then constantly getting shafted.

For years we got kicked and stayed on our feet, or got fouled and then got back up, the opposition not getting a booking and then 2 mins later wr hardly touch them and they roll about and we get booked.

At half time in the Spain game, 3 Spanish players surrounded the ref and assistant ref, Robertson went straight over and started putting in his 2 cents. Making sure the refs werent influenced by the Spanish. If that means we arent on the end of questionable decisions then I will accept our players looking abit childish.

11 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Whilst I agree that its not a good look for players to hassle officials, im glad Robertson and others are doing it.  For too long have we played the game the right way, trusting that officials would be fair and ref the game without being influenced and then constantly getting shafted.

For years we got kicked and stayed on our feet, or got fouled and then got back up, the opposition not getting a booking and then 2 mins later wr hardly touch them and they roll about and we get booked.

At half time in the Spain game, 3 Spanish players surrounded the ref and assistant ref, Robertson went straight over and started putting in his 2 cents. Making sure the refs werent influenced by the Spanish. If that means we arent on the end of questionable decisions then I will accept our players looking abit childish.

Nothing to do with the Spain game 🤷‍♂️

Theres arguing with the ref about a decision then there is chasing the linesman and screaming in his face when the half time whistle has went 

Shouting at a ref or linesman in that was is uncalled for and it isn't going to change anything.

2 hours ago, Kirk said:

Theres arguing with the ref about a decision then there is chasing the linesman and screaming in his face when the half time whistle has went 

Shouting at a ref or linesman in that was is uncalled for and it isn't going to change anything.

Im talking about his general attitude / behaviour. An example being the Spain game. 

The vast majority of top players get in the faces of officials and try and pressure them. Its not a good look and something should be done about it however in the meantime im glad he does it. McGinn also does it as do a number of our other players.

The ability to do the dark side of the game has contributed to our upturn in form. Hickey rolling back onto the pitch, Hickey going down injured and then getting 2 or 3 mins treatment when he had already been told that he was getting subbed. All these things are neccesary in the elite level of the game nowadays and its so pleasing to see our new bread of players understand this.

20 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im talking about his general attitude / behaviour. An example being the Spain game. 

The vast majority of top players get in the faces of officials and try and pressure them. Its not a good look and something should be done about it however in the meantime im glad he does it. McGinn also does it as do a number of our other players.

The ability to do the dark side of the game has contributed to our upturn in form. Hickey rolling back onto the pitch, Hickey going down injured and then getting 2 or 3 mins treatment when he had already been told that he was getting subbed. All these things are neccesary in the elite level of the game nowadays and its so pleasing to see our new bread of players understand this.

Yes I agree.

Refreshing to hear Rodri greeting afterwards about our tactics. It told us we had evolved to the standard Spain have been at for decades and benefitting from it as a result. Playing fair in this game gets you nowhere.

11 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Hanley serious Achilles injury & Mclean season over too. Will rule them both out the June squad you’d suspect. McLean is zero miss it’s mental he still gets into the squad nowadays 

Mclean was trusted to be brought on against Spain. He's not a starter but to say he is zero miss is stretching it.

4 hours ago, Kirk said:

Robertson looked like a greetin faced 14 year old. Embarrassing for a man his age. Really was. 

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I don't know if it's old age or that I enjoy watching international rugby so much nowadays but the crowding the ref and being in their face is now a real pet hate of mine. 

I'd love to see football bring in similar rules to rugby when it comes to the ref. 

Real shame about Hanley. One of our most underrated players for years. 
Robertson brings a positive umphh to any team he plays for. Hope that official gets a lengthy ban as any player elbowing another would get.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't know if it's old age or that I enjoy watching international rugby so much nowadays but the crowding the ref and being in their face is now a real pet hate of mine. 

I'd love to see football bring in similar rules to rugby when it comes to the ref. 

I totally agree but theres a difference with how the game is and how we would like it to be. The rule makers dont seem at all bothered about fixing it. It would be one of the easiest things to fix in football.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I said exactly that to  a mate at the weekend and in fact I've said it for years.

Wasn’t sure where else to put this. Spotted a couple of months ago that Darren Fletchers twin sons were facing each other at U16 level with one representing Scotland and the other England (and he had previously represented Scotland!). Just read there that they both won the Montaigu Tournament yesterday representing England! 🙁

In another twist they both play their club football at Man City!! Proud Scotsman and former Man U player must be delighted!! 

8 hours ago, Kirk said:

That's easy for you to say, you're not the one who's been elbowed in the face.  What are his options?  He can't give him a dunt back, like he might if it'd been another, player because it's an official who's elbowed him and there'd be hell to pay if he did.  He could just let it go but then, it's not very nice being elbowed in the face so I'm not surprised he's pissed off. 

If it was an accident the linesman should have just said so and apologised; if Robbo carried on moaning after then, aye, he's taking it a bit far and should get a grip.

Robbo can be a moaning faced git at times but I had to laugh at that Roy Keane - of all people! - calling him out for it.  How short does that fud think people's memories are?  😂  When he played, he was an ungracious, moaning faced wee shite like no other, and the Man Utd teams he played in were notorious for trying to bully officials.

7 hours ago, scotlad said:

That's easy for you to say, you're not the one who's been elbowed in the face.  What are his options?  He can't give him a dunt back, like he might if it'd been another, player because it's an official who's elbowed him and there'd be hell to pay if he did.  He could just let it go but then, it's not very nice being elbowed in the face so I'm not surprised he's pissed off. 

If it was an accident the linesman should have just said so and apologised; if Robbo carried on moaning after then, aye, he's taking it a bit far and should get a grip.

Robbo can be a moaning faced git at times but I had to laugh at that Roy Keane - of all people! - calling him out for it.  How short does that fud think people's memories are?  😂  When he played, he was an ungracious, moaning faced wee shite like no other, and the Man Utd teams he played in were notorious for trying to bully officials.

I'm firmly in the camp that Robertsons reaction was OTT. For me the linesman was shrugging Robertson off not elbowing him in the face. The reaction to this is genuinely hularios considering the shit refs take on a regular basis, I'm surprised a ref or any of their assistants haven't punched a player yet.

In saying all of that I do agree with you re Keane. Grown man tells another man to stop acting like a baby despite acting like a baby on a regular basis himself. 🤣🤣

On 4/11/2023 at 8:27 PM, Caledonian Craig said:

McLean has never let us down even in his micro cameos. He has scored for us too as well as scoring crucial penalties in shoot-outs against Israel and Serbia on our way to the Euros.

McLean is solid. Always does the job he is asked to do. Usually put on when we are looking to keep possession of the ball. Also as mentioned he has put away some real pressure penalties in crucial games. Good squad player. 

McLean always turns up (unless genuinely injured) when he knows he likely won’t start and has never let us down when he has started or come on as a sub (as far as I remember anyway).

I do see ProudScot’s point in that he likely wouldn’t have featured much in our games in June but a few injuries in midfield and he may well be missed. 

Edited by Texas Pete

On 4/12/2023 at 7:00 AM, vanderark14 said:

I'm firmly in the camp that Robertsons reaction was OTT. For me the linesman was shrugging Robertson off not elbowing him in the face. The reaction to this is genuinely hularios considering the shit refs take on a regular basis, I'm surprised a ref or any of their assistants haven't punched a player yet.

In saying all of that I do agree with you re Keane. Grown man tells another man to stop acting like a baby despite acting like a baby on a regular basis himself. 🤣🤣

Roy Keane is a parody of himself - his opinions are meant to incite and nothing more. He has the critical thinking capacity of a small child but in his own head he is some kind of oracle. He is unable to see his own hypocrisy or recognise his own failings. He has particularly reacted badly to this situation because it was a Liverpool player and he is enough of a child that that actually matters to him and his opinion of the situation. I'd imagine he also doesn't like that Robertson isn't frightened of him like so many are and were.

That being said, Robertson was indeed a baby about the whole incident, so broken clocks and all that 😄