Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 80 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

Guest Scot1

We need Tierney at left wing back. He gives us the offence we need down the left. 
We could go to a back 4 against the Faroes, I personally wouldn’t. I’d stick with the back 3 and bring in young players and fringe players after the Austria and Israel games. Introduce them and get them playing within the system that we are playing with the “A” team.

1 minute ago, Burj_Alba said:

Burke, Fleck to a lesser extend, absolute dogsh*te, 

Tierney absolutely magnificent. Could even get the nod over Robbo at left back for Austria match . So the question changes, where else can Robertson play?  

Only other option I can see if play a back 4 and play robbo left back and play KT further ahead. Is KT really that bad with his right foot? 

Just now, Burj_Alba said:

Tierney absolutely magnificent. Could even get the nod over Robbo at left back for Austria match . So the question changes, where else can Robertson play?  

Fleck was way off it & he’s been good most of the season. 

Burke needs to just be in the championship and probably on the wing. 

Id be interested to see the stats between Tierney & Robertson this year 

Guest Scot1
5 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

He can play against the Faroes. You could try switching them but I’m not sure Robertson would do so well as a Left Centre Halve. I’d drop him and push Tierney out to LWB, bring in Cooper or McKenna as Left Centre Halve. Robertson can play against the Faroes. Clarke won’t do it though, which is why I’m not so optimistic about our chances to make the World Cup, even though I believe we have the players to give it a good go. Don’t think Clarke will be ruthless enough.

Edited by Scot1

If we go back to a flat back four, Scotland will go back to losing matches and failing to qualify for tournaments and I will go back to talking up the virtues of playing with a back 3

If anyone wants to talk tactics/formations, there's tons of dedicated threads. :)

Scott McTominay starts. 

Robbo is not as diverse as KT, but I reckon he would play anywhere you asked him but likely would not be as comfortable playing or in his mental state as Kieran.  The Faroe game is the best and likely only opportunity to experiment, I wonder if we will play against them with 4 at the back anyway. 

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Thank you for this award. I had to overcome some seriously stiff opposition. Some people just post total pish all the time. Present company excepted, obvs.

KT would swim the shark infested waters of the Engerlish channel, and the salmon infested waters of the river Clyde, to come back to his boyhood heroes. The Bhoy is Celtic to the core, sad thing is money talks...

I think ppl are forgetting how reliable a full back Robertson is. He's been a consistent performer for one of the best sides in Europe and just because Tierney has had some great games recently doesn't suddenly mean he is a better player than Robertson. They are both similar standard which is great for us as they are excellent players. 

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think most people recognised that KT is a better player than Robertson.  

Can Robertson not play on the right? 

Do they? I would say they are both about the same standard. Tierney has a bit more flair and ability to skin guys but Robertson is an excellent defender and has been performing at a high level consistently for years now. 

Tierney has to start a LWB. Can we not even play them both and switch around throughout the game, the best game for this would have been the Faroes but no doubt one of them will be out for that.

Tierney was a much better threat in that position when we played there against Slovakia in November, than Robertson had been in the previous few he played there.

Edited by weekevie04

5 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think most people recognised that KT is a better player than Robertson.  

Can Robertson not play on the right? 

I’m not sure the stats would back that up.

Also not sure most people think that either to be honest. 

They are both excellent players and we are lucky to have them both though.