Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 83 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

8 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

McIntyre can also play left back, I really don't get why Greg Taylor is in the squad.

He can and would probably be better than Greg Taylor.

Years ago, when I suggested playing players "out of position", I got roundly mocked. Nowadays it's fashionable. Same goes with the current formation.

Just shows that you can only learn by staying quiet.

Is Jack definitely out of the first match? Playing Hendry as the one anchoring the midfield, with McGinn and McTominay with freedom, could decide the match. Yeah, it'll be a shadow Austria team, but when do Scotland go by the script?

Edited by Taylor1996

14 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Years ago, when I suggested playing players "out of position", I got roundly mocked. Nowadays it's fashionable. Same goes with the current formation.

Is Jack definitely out of the first match? Playing Hendry as the one anchoring the midfield, with McGinn and McTominay with freedom, could decide the match. Yeah, it'll be a shadow Austria team, but when do Scotland go by the script?

Everyone pipe down. Taylor has come to teach us.

Two FA Cup matches are on BBC1 today.

Chelsea Vs Sheffield United (13:30)

Leicester City Vs Manchester United (17:00)

With potentially 5 Scotland players on show. Not bad.

Then there's Tierney and McGinn playing in the EPL. Then Hendry.

No idea when the Old Firm match is on. Zero interest.

Edited by Taylor1996

18 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

There is if you want to watch squad players in action. 

Odds are there'll only be three players from the current squad: McGregor, Taylor and Christie. 

(Scottish football fans treat the Old Firm matches like Americans treat the Superbowl (Even the neutrals watch it) It's strange to me)

2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Jack missing gives us a problem as he is the only real defensive midfielder we have apart from McLean whom I don't really trust. McTom may have to take that role just in front of the back four like he does with Fred at ManU.

35 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Odds are there'll only be three players from the current squad: McGregor, Taylor and Christie. 

(Scottish football fans treat the Old Firm matches like Americans treat the Superbowl (Even the neutrals watch it) It's strange to me)

Garbage

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Jack missing gives us a problem as he is the only real defensive midfielder we have apart from McLean whom I don't really trust. McTom may have to take that role just in front of the back four like he does with Fred at ManU.

Huge problem.

It might actually force Clarke's hand to play McTominay in midfield, but then again, McTominay can have ball-watching lapses where he lets the opposition do something. 

Jack Is really the only one that I trust to properly anchor the midfield.

McCrorie must really be out of the picture if he's not even being considered.

Edited by Taylor1996

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

He’s full of sh*te!

The volume of games Chelsea have had and he can’t even get on the bench for FA Cup games now.... shambles he never let him go on loan

Haha! I was actually fuming when I heard the team announced and Gilmour wasn’t in. The internal monologue in my head was going “that’s a disgrace... well I suppose Tuchel has got good results so far and it’s pretty stupid to get worked up about the lineup for a team I don’t support... no fuck that it is totally out of order, he’s ruining Gilmour’s career”!!

and then he is actually in the team after all. Haha! He better not fuck up now!

4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Christie is bloody awful at the moment. 

Really? Just hope Celtic appoint a top manager, that's the only way that Christie, etc, will develop. 

A manager should show loyalty and keep a certain consistency, but there's no reason why Gauld, Gilmour or even Turnbull missed out on the correct squad.

The commentators are loving Gilmour. Steve Wilson: "He just has it", and Martin Keown: "He's a bit special".

Steve Clarke missed a trick. Gilmour, or even one of the aforementioned names, should've been in the squad.

As much as I love Christie for his goal and how he helped get us to the euros we have to start players that are showing some kind of form. Gutted for Turnball that he isn't in the squad. I also think Gilmour should be in the squad such a composed player on the ball. I don't think we have had that type of player since Fletcher and Ferguson.