Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 77 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

20 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Considering the quality of our league I would say it is quite possible that the Rangers second choice keeper is better than any other keeper in the league.  

I don't really think match fitness applies in the same way to keepers as it does to outfield players.

It’s quite likely Rangers have the two best Scottish goalies in the league agreed. 

I think Kelly is good and and has been for a good few years & is playing regularly so should be included.

McCrorie is promising and back as #1 for Livi and has quite a few games under his belt, so I’d pick those two ahead of a guy who doesn’t really play.

You are right though. 

A similar situation to when Neil Alexander was back up to MacGregor. 

58 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Considering the quality of our league I would say it is quite possible that the Rangers second choice keeper is better than any other keeper in the league.  

I don't really think match fitness applies in the same way to keepers as it does to outfield players.

And he was so sought after when leaving Hearts that he ended up at L1 Sunderland then came back to warm the Rangers bench? 

1 minute ago, AlfieMoon said:

And he was so sought after when leaving Hearts that he ended up at L1 Sunderland then came back to warm the Rangers bench? 

Rangers win the league and we are already in fantasy territory. 🤣🤣🤣

19 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

100% and McLaughlin has been sound when called upon.

26 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Probably yes 

Being a back up keeper at rangers is not an upgrade on being Sunderland no. 1 even if Sunderland are/were in league 1.

It's maybe arguable that being rangers no. 2 is better than being hearts(in the top tier) no. 1 but I would say its more a sideways move imo. 

Jon McLaughlin is a good solid keeper and one of the better keepers in the league. He was Scotland's number 2 before he joined Rangers. He isn't some unknown, he played for years as number 1 at Hearts and Sunderland.

McLaughlin is good on the ball and an all round solid keeper but just doesn't have that X-factor save in him. He's basically Neil Alexander 2.0 a good keeper but hasn't got that ridiculous/world class save that McGregor has in his locker

On 3/6/2021 at 3:56 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Goal for George Johnston appears to be playing in midfield as part of a double pivot 🤪

Yeah. I noticed that.

Reading done the same thing with another one of defenders, Tom Mcintire. 

I think Jack Hendry would do well in that position, too, with his mobility, physicality, passing range and defensive instincts. Might be a good backup to Jack.

21 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Any news on Jack returning?

Not heard anything.

He's been struggling with injury for about a month or so, might be struggling for the triple-header at the end of the month.

Another reason to get McTominay in midfield. As a double-pivot of a combination of the other midfielders would scare the bejesus out of me!

7 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

McTominay with another good performance, against AC Milan. 

Patterson's stats on SofaScore would suggest that he had a rough ride.

He was beaten 5 times and he won less than a third of ground duels.

It's all a learning process, though.

Never trust a stats website without watching a player. They are very misleading.

He was being left 1 Vs 1 and 2 Vs 1 a lot, due to Slavia Prague's switch and was having to stand up and show People inside or outwide to hold up Prague's play.

He had one poor miss control, outside of that he did well.

13 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Never trust a stats website without watching a player. They are very misleading.

He was being left 1 Vs 1 and 2 Vs 1 a lot, due to Slavia Prague's switch and was having to stand up and show People inside or outwide to hold up Prague's play.

Oh. I know. Against Manchester City, Martial got MOTM, and yet statistically he scored the lowest in the United team.

Good to hear. We definitely need options of the right of defence. This month might be early for him, though. 

Edited by Taylor1996

14 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He was good. At this precise moment I wouldn’t say he is ready, but the rate at which young players learn, he probably will be ready after the second leg and the Old Firm game. 

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

McTominay with another good performance, against AC Milan. 

Patterson's stats on SofaScore would suggest that he had a rough ride.

He was beaten 5 times and he won less than a third of ground duels.

It's all a learning process, though.

He was one of the best players on the park. You are such a clown it’s comical 🤣

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Who scored gave him a decent enough overall rating despite recording the same errors that Taylor mentioned. So the site doesn't simply add up and subtract numbers.

He was better than half the players on the park but the game was pretty poor according to the site.