Season 19/20 - Page 131 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

18 hours ago, Stu101 said:

It depends if you consider 'wee fucking immigrant' to be racist, i suppose.

The longer version with the video was uploaded by a celtic fan after the game, but got taken down pretty sharp. One wonders why? 

That would be racist in my book.

What's the recording all about though - seems dodgy as fuck. Why is there no video and what is the source? 

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

For the older fan, this is what is normally on the back of them for cup games. I’m sure these old scoreboards were mentioned in a thread somewhere the other day, which you needed the programme to decipher it. 

517EC14A-05A4-43C9-99B9-58BA155317BA.jpeg

might have been me, where the south stand is in todders used to be all standing ash ,at the back was a scaffolding "erection" where they would hang the metal boards with the scores against the appropriate letter so you could get the half time scores from other grounds.This erection also doubled up as the camera position for tv cameras  you could also walk from the beach end to the paddock end if you fancied a change of view.pies were shite tho always cold...

34 minutes ago, davierobbsagod said:

might have been me, where the south stand is in todders used to be all standing ash ,at the back was a scaffolding "erection" where they would hang the metal boards with the scores against the appropriate letter so you could get the half time scores from other grounds.This erection also doubled up as the camera position for tv cameras  you could also walk from the beach end to the paddock end if you fancied a change of view.pies were shite tho always cold...

Yeah, I think it was you bud. I had to ask my older pals what it was all about when it first appeared. 
Before my time.......😬

5 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

That would be racist in my book.

What's the recording all about though - seems dodgy as fuck. Why is there no video and what is the source? 

Ripped from one of the original video that was posted up on Youtube at the time, with the background sound reduced, seemingly. There is a version with video on Youtube.

The one i saw at the time was similar to this- but taken down again pretty quickly when you can work out whats been said. Again, as in the above video, it does just sound like one individual (although obviously one to many, etc.). 

One wanker shouts a racist comment, and suddenly Scotland has a racism issue, meanwhile forty odd thousand shout sectarian comments, and thats fine? This country needs to take a long hard look at itself, while 'black bastard' is obviously unacceptable, 'taig', 'fenian' etc etc is the real issue.

There seems to be a lot of “aye there are some racists comments but” posts going on. I’m pretty sure if we had the same with Rangers, or even Celtic, fans doing the same to an Aberdeen player there would be a significantly different reaction 

11 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Scotland must be one of the least racist countries in the world. 

The odd clown might target a player because of their race but it’s in the minority. 

Correct.  First sensible post for a while.  We know that people at games can get carried away with emulsion.  And some idiots will react to a persons looks.  I remember going to Scotland games when I was young and the full (Rangers end)  if they seen a female policewoman would be chanting get your things out for the boys.  If that happened now there would be hysteria, a parliament debate blah blah blah.  When I played I got called all sorts of things.  Doesn't make it right.  Now I will get to my point.  If a Celtic fan did shout that then the fans around him should show the police the correct way.  No place for racism in Scotland.  Stand on.

6 hours ago, kumnio said:

One wanker shouts a racist comment, and suddenly Scotland has a racism issue, meanwhile forty odd thousand shout sectarian comments, and thats fine? This country needs to take a long hard look at itself, while 'black bastard' is obviously unacceptable, 'taig', 'fenian' etc etc is the real issue.

Mind that utter prick Neymar saying the whole ground was poisonous with racism (or words like that) when that German tourist lad (I think it was) threw a banana on the pitch. It is amazing how people can see racism 'everywhere' when in reality it does not actually exist in that given situation. How he extrapolated to the whole ground and then made sweeping statements I will never know. People see what they want. In a way they are the true racists carrying in their prejudices in that situation but good luck arguing that one... Horrible pineapple heided cunt.

I remember Jason Scotland taking a blatant dive at Fir Park and, as would have happened to anyone, was booed every time he touched the ball thereafter. Tabloid headlines the next day about Motherwell's racist problems.  The press love to whip it up. 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

There seems to be a lot of “aye there are some racists comments but” posts going on. I’m pretty sure if we had the same with Rangers, or even Celtic, fans doing the same to an Aberdeen player there would be a significantly different reaction 

It did happen to an Aberdeen player, Celtic and their supporters reaction was abysmal.

On 2/8/2020 at 9:27 AM, Fairbairn said:

I would consider you one of the better posters on here but there really isn't any concrete evidence of racism. When 10,000 huns give it hullo hullo it barely gets a mention. 

Anyway lots of twists and turns to go, I just hope every cunt keeps the head! 

Ps up the ra 🤣

Edited by slasher

On 2/8/2020 at 9:27 AM, Fairbairn said:

I agree. However, it''s the unfortunate result of Rangers fans and their club having zero credibility. 

We have no evidence for the alleged incident. On the other hand we have interviews being fabricated, murder plots being invented and Steven Gerrard using these fictional events as a foundation to allege a wide ranging issue of racism across Scotland. 

That in itself undermines a proper reflection on what has or has not actually happened. And I find it hard to beliee that Aberdeen or any other club would make such a confusing and misleading circus out of the issue. It is very much the Rangers way. 

I also expect the reaction is impacted by Rangers fans being the most xenophobic group that most of us will regularly meet. It's difficult to exaggerate how out of step they are with the rest of Scottish society. Folk talking about it being a societal problem are full of shite - it is 90% a Rangers problem. 

And I cant really  blame folk for this type of whataboutery when comparing something that may not have happened and which has certainly been doped with a huge deal of fiction vs the very real hatred of catholics that 1000s of Rangers fans passionately express every week.

52 minutes ago, WCTA said:

12 year auld laddie by fuck. You cunts are so desperate to find any tiny bit of whatever to hide the fact that your club are a shower of disgusting bastards. 👍 😂

It was me Moffat. I was mistaken for a 12 year old because of me height. That's me being questioned after the alleged incident. I'm standing on a milk crate..

20200210_113951.jpg

1 hour ago, WCTA said:

12 year auld laddie by fuck. You cunts are so desperate to find any tiny bit of whatever to hide the fact that your club are a shower of disgusting bastards. 👍 😂

Maybe the same skinny wee guy caught under Morelos’s car 🤯