Season 19/20 - Page 133 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

54 minutes ago, Debian said:

Finally, Rangers would be more than happy to accommodate the young person involved in this latest incident on one of our courses designed to help people understand why racist and sectarian abuse is unacceptable. Indeed, if any of those journalists/pundits who got it so badly wrong would like to attend we’d also welcome and help"

So we assume that this doesn’t happen at every ground, every other week. 

If racism can be proven, then it’s fucking disgusting and whoever is responsible, regardless of age needs punished. 

Maybe they should try and clean up their own act first, then they may get some respect when they post nonsense like that statement. 

That goes for the other cheek too and any other support that sings shit like this, Aberdeen included. 

3 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

But that doesnt fit with certain parties narratives, so it wont happen.

This isn’t directly aimed at you, you seem like a decent guy, you just happen to be the rangers fan at the top of the page. 

Why do you think it is that they won’t condemn their own support for the stuff that goes on every week, but are outraged at this?

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Yep! 

The tone of that statement is way off as well.

Almost fell off my chair when I read a punishment for the young lad (if found guilty) and it came from a rangers fan. 

Instead of him getting a criminal record or anything daft like that at that age, he should be taken to Celtic park and made to tell all the coloured players there what he said, let his heroes tell him the effects it can have on someone. That would be a far better lesson that he would hopefully learn from. 

28 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

For weeks we have been told it never happened. Now we have the evidence. That's all we should be focusing on. 

You really don't. And you should respect the fact that it is a child, against whom no evidence is yet to be presented and who should benefit (especially in this case) from the presumption of innocence. 

Pretty low from rangers and their fans to be honest. 

17 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Instead of him getting a criminal record or anything daft like that at that age, he should be taken to Celtic park and made to tell all the coloured players there what he said, let his heroes tell him the effects it can have on someone. That would be a far better lesson that he would hopefully learn from. 

Thats actually a pretty good idea. Doubt the boy would end up with a criminal record anyway, if he is found guilty. Courts tend to try to avoid that stuff- unless he has really gone over the top.

29 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

This isn’t directly aimed at you, you seem like a decent guy, you just happen to be the rangers fan at the top of the page. 

Why do you think it is that they won’t condemn their own support for the stuff that goes on every week, but are outraged at this?

They do regulary. It just doesnt make much difference Im afraid. There is a big problem with a section of our support, dont think anyone disputes that.

But I dont see how that means you get to ignore this. For weeks we've been told there was no abuse, no evidence etc. Now on evidence the Crown, having completed an independent view, think there is enough evidence to charge someone. And yet still we are told there is no evidence.

Do you think the police, courts, etc. should ignore racism, because a section of our fans are sectarian?

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Is that it? 

I suppose it’s hate speech these days 

wee fucking immigrant. 

Take out the expletive 'fucking'. It adds nothing. So...

Wee immigrant.

Take out 'wee'. Well no one would argue he is not 'wee'. So...

Immigrant

I might be wrong but legally that is true?

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Is that it? 

I suppose it’s hate speech these days 

not sure what age you are, but that would have been classed as rascism under the 1965 Act (apologies if you are in your 70's)

Anyway I doubt the guy has been charged because of that. It merely an example of what happened at the time, and obviously enough evidence exists the Crown thinks a court would convict (going on previous convictions, many of these have come from the home teams monitoring systems)

As I said before, there was a worse video at the time that was quickly taken down- so obviuosly more than a solitary video.

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

wee fucking immigrant. 

Take out the expletive 'fucking'. It adds nothing. So...

Wee immigrant.

Take out 'wee'. Well no one would argue he is not 'wee'. So...

Immigrant

I might be wrong but legally that is true?

Not looked at this stuff in ages, but the standard approach previously would be that the courts would consider the phrase in its entirey, and what it was designed to do. Pretty sure there is case law covering that exact phrasing, or there abouts. 

Its the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, section 33 (or it used to be) if you want to look more closley.

27 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

They do regulary. It just doesnt make much difference Im afraid. There is a big problem with a section of our support, dont think anyone disputes that.

But I dont see how that means you get to ignore this. For weeks we've been told there was no abuse, no evidence etc. Now on evidence the Crown, having completed an independent view, think there is enough evidence to charge someone. And yet still we are told there is no evidence.

Do you think the police, courts, etc. should ignore racism, because a section of our fans are sectarian?

Absoutely not, if it’s happened, or should be dealt with, regardless of what else has went on. It’s just a pity we have to discuss this in this day and age. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

Absoutely not, if it’s happened, or should be dealt with, regardless of what else has went on. It’s just a pity we have to discuss this in this day and age. 

Agreed. And I wish our club would put half the effort into sorting out the issues in our support as they do with making statments.

9 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Not looked at this stuff in ages, but the standard approach previously would be that the courts would consider the phrase in its entirey, and what it was designed to do. Pretty sure there is case law covering that exact phrasing, or there abouts. 

Its the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, section 33 (or it used to be) if you want to look more closley.

Honestly you guys are frightening.

Any racism or sectarianism needs called out and the culprits punished, that goes without saying. Sadly, its not exactly a first and certainly wont be the last. On this occasion though, the incident seems to have dragged on and on and become magnified

A cynic might query whether the possible OTT reaction from Rangers Is in some way linked with them recently shitting their pants in the title race.

Not me of course, but some people might 🤔

36 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Agreed. And I wish our club would put half the effort into sorting out the issues in our support as they do with making statments.

Good post. Is there not enough Rangers fans of the opinion that Traynor is a total embarrassment ? Someone routinely coming out with such ridiculous and provocative stuff on behalf of my club,  I’d want them punted immediately. .