Steve Clarke Fuck Off - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke Fuck Off

kumnio

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight will be a very tough match but I have total confidence the players will get it done.

There's a fight in this team and that fight seems to have increased since the Ukraine and Ireland results.

One thing I like is it doesn't seem like we have any major ego's in the side. Every player comes across as grounded. 

Our back line continues to gain more and more experience at high clubs level and its making a huge difference 

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Tonight will be a very tough match but I have total confidence the players will get it done.

There's a fight in this team and that fight seems to have increased since the Ukraine and Ireland results.

One thing I like is it doesn't seem like we have any major ego's in the side. Every player comes across as grounded. 

Our back line continues to gain more and more experience at high clubs level and its making a huge difference 

Robertson’s celebration for the first goal really summed it up. 

Same goes for everyone at the second goal. 

Sounds like Cooper was a really good influence on the boys when he came on as well. 

Buzzing for this now. 5am KO and all. 

12 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Not sure I agree with that. Especially after the way the last 3 games have gone. We've now played 2 of our 3 hardest matches and won them both. 

I get having a cautious mindset, but we can afford to be a bit confident now. Obviously Georgia are not a bad side, but I think not beating them twice will be our own making. Our quality shone through in the end versus Norway. If we turn up, our superiority will come to the fore.

I think we'll get a minimum of 7 points out of 9 against Georgia and Cyprus. Probably all 9.

Hope you're right mate.  I'd love it if I was speaking absolute shite before 😁👍

On 6/19/2023 at 10:21 PM, Judith said:

Sorry.

Never meant to upset anyone. 

I had no idea who the original poster was, far less trying to ridicule them for something posted a year ago.

Im havent been a regular poster on here for a number of years, so Im not really up to speed with who posts what.

I just happened to be bored one day and was clicking on unread posts and thought it was amusing how much things had changed in a year.

Kumnio, please accept my apology.

Judith has got absolutely nothing to apologise for.

Instead of deleting this thread it should be pinned to the top of TA Specific as a cautionary tale about the fickleness of football fans and a warning to be wary of posting anything when you’re angry and/or drunk.

Plus, the fact that the original poster is far from backing down and instead doubling down suggests they’re more than able to take it – although seeming unable to learn anything from it.

On 6/18/2023 at 12:26 AM, breeks_mctavish said:

Look, everybody talks pish from time to time. Either admit you got it wrong or simply don’t say anything at all. But don’t keep coming back to try justifying your original comments. It just makes you look like a dick 

Well there's a handful of posters who seem intent after every win to cast up a year old thread, so I will respond if I want.

After Ukraine and Ireland games, he deserved the sack IMO. Its an opinion, clearly one that plenty don't like, but tough luck.

Regards

The Dick.

32 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Well there's a handful of posters who seem intent after every win to cast up a year old thread, so I will respond if I want.

After Ukraine and Ireland games, he deserved the sack IMO. Its an opinion, clearly one that plenty don't like, but tough luck.

Regards

The Dick.

Nearly everyone on the first couple of pages agreed with you.

No need to defend yourself. 

10 hours ago, Goozay said:

Instead of deleting this thread it should be pinned to the top of TA Specific as a cautionary tale about the fickleness of football fans and a warning to be wary of posting anything when you’re angry and/or drunk.

Plus, the fact that the original poster is far from backing down and instead doubling down suggests they’re more than able to take it – although seeming unable to learn anything from it.

Away and fuck 👍

I looked into Clarkes contract, he signed a extension in March to extend to 2026 after the World Cup end's. I believe he will see it through, the chance to make more history seems too great to me.  If Clarke goes to England, he would be suited to a team who are underperforming like what we were, someone like Everton, Leeds, Leicester, Southampton. Maybe because of his connection, the Chelsea job would be his dream but they would never go for him, and they will surely get their act together next year.  An Old Firm appointment wouldn't suit him either and I don't think the likes of Aberdeen would be tempting enough or pay him enough. A club gig abroad would be a possibility but uprooting yourself in your 60's is less appealing.  Perhaps another international job for say the likes of USA would be a potential that I could see as that would be less hour's.  

My ideal scenario is similar to a Roxburgh to Brown handoff, with someone coming in to develop for a few years. 

On 5/5/2023 at 8:36 AM, scotlad said:

It hasn't, but it reminds me that next month we also have an away fixture against a team whose campaign got off to a worse starter than ours and who will no doubt be desperate to win the game. The only difference is, this team have one of if not the best centre-forward in the world playing for them. 😳

While you were busy wetting your pants about the prospect of coming up against Haaland, did you consider for even a moment that Kenny McLean would come off the bench to score a winner just about 90 seconds after our late equaliser?

Cos I certainly never 🤣

Fun thread to read through with hindsight and all that.

18 hours ago, Dillinger said:

While you were busy wetting your pants about the prospect of coming up against Haaland, did you consider for even a moment that Kenny McLean would come off the bench to score a winner just about 90 seconds after our late equaliser?

Cos I certainly never 🤣

Fun thread to read through with hindsight and all that.

Yeah, being smug in hindsight seems to be fashionable all of a sudden, if that's your thing.

Personally, I'm happy to be proven wrong providing it's to Scotland's benefit. That said, we've still to face Haaland and co. at Hampden in a fixture that could be important depending on how results go between then and now.

4 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Yeah, being smug in hindsight seems to be fashionable all of a sudden, if that's your thing.

Personally, I'm happy to be proven wrong providing it's to Scotland's benefit. That said, we've still to face Haaland and co. at Hampden in a fixture that could be important depending on how results go between then and now.

Think you've taken that the wrong way pal. Had no intention of being smug and if you read it again you'll see I had the same reservations re Haaland as you and said I never saw a late McLean winner coming!

If I'd posted pre-match I'm sure my sentiments would have been much same as yours. 

1 hour ago, Dillinger said:

Think you've taken that the wrong way pal. Had no intention of being smug and if you read it again you'll see I had the same reservations re Haaland as you and said I never saw a late McLean winner coming!

If I'd posted pre-match I'm sure my sentiments would have been much same as yours. 

Not at all, I knew what you meant. I wasn't having a dig at you, but there does seem to be a plentiful supply of smugness at the moment, which was all I was meaning.

But hey, it makes a nice change for there to be something for Scotland fans to be smug about about!  It's been a great week, and we've had a fantastic first half the campaign. Here's hoping the second half is just as good! 🍻

19 hours ago, scotlad said:

We'll have qualified by time we play Norway and they'll be playing dead rubbers.

On 6/25/2023 at 8:56 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

We'll have qualified by time we play Norway and they'll be playing dead rubbers.

That's my hope. If the final game is a dead rubber for Norway and the likes of Haaland and Odegaard are embroiled in the heat of EPL and Champions League football, then maybe they'll pick up a couple of "wee injuries" that rule them out.

On 6/19/2023 at 9:32 PM, Malcolm said:

For me the biggest change has been moving Mctominay in to midfield.  Mystified why we played him at centre half - he can’t defend.

That’s been massive. He’s arguably been our best player this campaign and is already on five goals.

On 6/23/2023 at 7:00 PM, romanticscot said:

I looked into Clarkes contract, he signed a extension in March to extend to 2026 after the World Cup end's. I believe he will see it through, the chance to make more history seems too great to me.  If Clarke goes to England, he would be suited to a team who are underperforming like what we were, someone like Everton, Leeds, Leicester, Southampton. Maybe because of his connection, the Chelsea job would be his dream but they would never go for him, and they will surely get their act together next year.  An Old Firm appointment wouldn't suit him either and I don't think the likes of Aberdeen would be tempting enough or pay him enough. A club gig abroad would be a possibility but uprooting yourself in your 60's is less appealing.  Perhaps another international job for say the likes of USA would be a potential that I could see as that would be less hour's.  

My ideal scenario is similar to a Roxburgh to Brown handoff, with someone coming in to develop for a few years. 

He is probably on a relatively small salary (compared to EPL and EFL anyway) but I would assume he is on a big bonus for getting us to finals / play offs??

2 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

He is probably on a relatively small salary (compared to EPL and EFL anyway) but I would assume he is on a big bonus for getting us to finals / play offs??

I would imagine so. They players only get paid if they qualify but obviously Clarke draws a salary as it’s his job but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get a big pay day for qualifying. 

On 6/22/2023 at 3:15 PM, Goozay said:

I’m in favour 👍😂

7 hours ago, Marky said:

That's my hope. If the final game is a dead rubber for Norway and the likes of Haaland and Odegaard are embroiled in the heat of EPL and Champions League football, then maybe they'll pick up a couple of "wee injuries" that rule them out.

Genuinely can’t see Haaland turning up at Hampden if Norway are out already. Odegaard is a different matter but Haaland has been known to pull out of squads fairly regularly. 

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Real question is how long can we can keep him. Must be clubs all across europe interested in him. 

Theres going to an incoming of offers after the euros. I doubt he stays but you never know. Sfa need to try and match any offers that come in.

I think you are worrying needlessly.

Clarke comes across as a manager who is really intent on achieving something special with us. He can see that is possible with this group of players. He will want to guide us through to the Euros and get the monkey off the back of getting beyond the group stages. Also I am certain the fire burns in him to steer us to our first World Cup Finals appearance in a generation.

23 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I think you are worrying needlessly.

Clarke comes across as a manager who is really intent on achieving something special with us. He can see that is possible with this group of players. He will want to guide us through to the Euros and get the monkey off the back of getting beyond the group stages. Also I am certain the fire burns in him to steer us to our first World Cup Finals appearance in a generation.

Yeh he will be with us for the euros but after that its hard to tell, especially if we get out the groups. There will be clubs queuing up for him if he achieves that.