Steve Clarke Fuck Off - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke Fuck Off

kumnio

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, rOsCo2 said:

Potentially Haaland will be coming to this game having won a Treble. I wonder how his mindset will be following those potential highs and the club season being over?

Hopefully he’ll fancy a holiday straight after the champions league final. 

3 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Not that long…… he had a chunky winter break.

Still far longer than our key players who also had that chunky break which our fams will weirdly forget. Also look at our key players in McTominay, Tierney, McGinn and Robertson and all have had spells where they have not played (on top of that chunky break) so should be fresh.

On 5/16/2023 at 5:28 PM, kumnio said:

Heaven forbid someone had an opinion on here a year ago.

We must all follow the positive mindset, especially after getting humiliated 3-0 in Dublin, oh to be so confident as the super fans. All hail Steve Clarke, the greatest manager the world has ever seen.

There is a middle ground where you dont chuck the baby out with yhe bath water!

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, biffer said:

Can we just remind whoever started this thread how little he knows about football?

He still says that Clarke deserved the sack, because he absolutely did at the time.

You cultist bastards can say all you want though.

Simply the perfect manager for what the nation needed, unfussy, understated but produced a very well drilled team that knows their jobs back to front.

You look at the backline and it's had many different combinations in last two years yet the defensive record in qualifiers has been exceptional going back to the World cup qualifiers from September 2021 so that's not luck but some fantastic work on the training pitch.

26 minutes ago, kumnio said:

He still says that Clarke deserved the sack, because he absolutely did at the time.

After 85 minutes i was intending to add to the thread as it looked as if it was going to be Strachan and Dublin all over again

I am a dick though

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Look, everybody talks pish from time to time. Either admit you got it wrong or simply don’t say anything at all. But don’t keep coming back to try justifying your original comments. It just makes you look like a dick 

On 6/11/2022 at 5:30 PM, kumnio said:

Enough of this clown, get him the fuck away. 

Interestingly since this post we have played 7 competitive games

Won 6 and Drawn 1 

GF 16 GA 3 

Not to bad 

However understand the emotions of the OP as the Ireland loss was horrendous but in Clarke we trust 

13 hours ago, kumnio said:

Isn’t that a bit like saying Ferguson deserved the sack at Man Utd?

You’ve been a solid poster on this board for many a year mate (despite your irrational hatred of St. Mirren 🤣), but you’re making an arse of it with posts like the one above.

Just admit you talked pish and we’ll all move on. 😀

12 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Look, everybody talks pish from time to time. Either admit you got it wrong or simply don’t say anything at all. But don’t keep coming back to try justifying your original comments. It just makes you look like a dick 

In fairness to the guy, folk keep dredging this up to have a go at him.  We've all posted stuff that could come back to haunt us. Time for folk to give him a break.

Clarke has a 50% win rate, if he gets us to another to another Euro's I would put him on the cusp of being in the top five Managers in our last 50 years.  If Clarke gets us to a 2nd consecutive EURO and we made it out of the group stage then you could debate him being in our top three ever in terms of accomplishment, but two EURO's and a World Cup then it gets very interesting.

1. Jock Stein - One World Cup, qualified for Mexico 86 play off but sadly life cut short. 

2. Willie Ormond - Unbeaten at a World Cup

3. Andy Roxburgh - One Euro, one World Cup (better World Cup record than...)

4. Craig Brown - One World Cup, One Euro

5. Ally McLeod - One World Cup

I understand the tournaments were smaller in days gone by. 

16 hours ago, kumnio said:

I probably agreed with you at the time. For me, it would have been, at least partly, based to the precedent that the SFA had already set. They had sacked Strachan and McLeish for less. I'm glad they didn't listen to us. 🤣

Although, I'm sure Clarke would be the first to agree that he has inherited a pretty decent set of players at lot of youngsters were just waiting to come through. We will never know if McLeish would have managed to achieve just as much (or even more) with the same set of players, if he had been given the time. But then again, lots of folk wanted McLeish sacked before any of his teams had even kicked a ball in anger.

I don't want Clarke sacked tomorrow but if we let Georgia beat us on Tuesday, I reserve the right to change my mind again. 😉 Georgia are now our biggest threat to stopping us getting to Germany.

5 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Clarke has a 50% win rate, if he gets us to another to another Euro's I would put him on the cusp of being in the top five Managers in our last 50 years.  If Clarke gets us to a 2nd consecutive EURO and we made it out of the group stage then you could debate him being in our top three ever in terms of accomplishment, but two EURO's and a World Cup then it gets very interesting.

1. Jock Stein - One World Cup, qualified for Mexico 86 play off but sadly life cut short. 

2. Willie Ormond - Unbeaten at a World Cup

3. Andy Roxburgh - One Euro, one World Cup (better World Cup record than...)

4. Craig Brown - One World Cup, One Euro

5. Ally McLeod - One World Cup

I understand the tournaments were smaller in days gone by. 

I think it’s interesting to divide his reign so far into 2 distinct parts. The first is up to and including Euro 2020. The team he inherited was a shambles and completely shorn of confidence. We suffered some heavy losses (Belgium, Russia) but slowly became harder to beat, and gradually picked up enough form to qualify (via the back door) with encouraging performances versus Serbia and England. Win ratio was 41% but with no landmark wins over 90 minutes. Fair to say jury was still probably out at this stage but with some signs that things were moving in the right direction.

Second part is post Euro 2020. Some iconic wins vs Denmark, Spain, Norway. Promoted to the top tier of the Nations League. Best performance in a World Cup qualifying group in many a year but followed by an admittedly disappointing loss to Ukraine in the playoff (and yes to Ireland immediately after during the same dip). And now the best start to a qualifying group in many years with 3 straight wins. Win ratio of 60%. A team that never knows when it’s beaten. A team that scores more goals and has more shots per game than any Scotland team in living memory. 

Overall, a pretty decent report card.

Edited by breeks_mctavish

I like the receipts you brought, he has learned over his tenure which is what you should expect. I felt when Strachan departed, that he took had learned and we were going to go into that next campaign with a better showing from him. All of us learn through experiences - I would call out the following as key moments that have have changed Clarke for the better

1. Obviously the experience of qualification via playoffs over Israel and Serbia. Experiencing what the gained with EURO 2020 gives you appetite for more.

2. Handling said immediate celebrations. We underperformed in the next game with a whimper. We should have handled that better.

3. Playoffs are great, but are hard hard work for them to go in your favor. Far better to not need them and thus every game needs professionalism in your regular campaign.

4. Ukraine play off for World Cup - We all have our opinions but big picture we did not play at our best for reasons. Nothing was guaranteed but if your poor then your chances are greatly reduced.

5. Working with the rules of the game to get us the best squad available. I believe we had missed opportunities testing or exposing other keepers. 

The title of this thread is a total embarrassment, and an insult to the Scottish team . Can we get the title removed from the board?
The game in Dublin was awful , but since then Stevie Clark has totally turned it around .The guy is a class act . 
We are lucky to have him when we think back to the days of Big Eck , Bertie ,Craig L, Burley etc etc 

13 minutes ago, p gala ta said:

The title of this thread is a total embarrassment, and an insult to the Scottish team . Can we get the title removed from the board?
The game in Dublin was awful , but since then Stevie Clark has totally turned it around .The guy is a class act . 
We are lucky to have him when we think back to the days of Big Eck , Bertie ,Craig L, Burley etc etc 

This ⬆️👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿