The news thread - Page 73 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

At the risk of pissing you off even more. At Chuck's age there is a good chance we might have suffer through all this nonsense again in a few years time. 😂

I narrowly managed to avoid spending 29 grand on a new car I don’t want or need out of sheer boredom. When did car salesmen get all laid back and non pushy by the way?

Anyway I might have emigrated by the time this ‘mourning period’ is over. This country’s full blown insanity has been laid bare over the last 48 hours. My breaking point was breached by a radio interview in which the Queens acting skills were being praised by some lunatic luvvie who reminded us she had to act the scene out alone as ‘Paddington wasn’t actually there’. Well no, ya daft cunt, Peru was on the fuckin red list at the time 🙈 A few hours later I flew into hysterics over a Sky news report that said people have had to be asked down south to stop leaving Paddingtons and marmalade sandwiches as tributes at Buckingham Palace. 🤣

I think I might be having a nervous breakdown 🤔

20 minutes ago, slasher said:

I narrowly managed to avoid spending 29 grand on a new car I don’t want or need out of sheer boredom. When did car salesmen get all laid back and non pushy by the way?

Anyway I might have emigrated by the time this ‘mourning period’ is over. This country’s full blown insanity has been laid bare over the last 48 hours. My breaking point was breached by a radio interview in which the Queens acting skills were being praised by some lunatic luvvie who reminded us she had to act the scene out alone as ‘Paddington wasn’t actually there’. Well no, ya daft cunt, Peru was on the fuckin red list at the time 🙈 A few hours later I flew into hysterics over a Sky news report that said people have had to be asked down south to stop leaving Paddingtons and marmalade sandwiches as tributes at Buckingham Palace. 🤣

Ripped from elsewhere but someone mentioned that just as the Queen's coronation caused a surge in telly sales, her death may do the same as people flock to escape the coverage. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

My money is on Australian or maybe even French? Do the French have a word for "Booooooooo"?

The French have far more extreme ways of expressing their displeasure with unelected heads of state (no pun intended).

Can't see it being Australians either, they love the monarchy. They even had a vote on it once and backed keeping the inbred fools by...err... 55% to 45%. 😳

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Australian_republic_referendum

1 hour ago, slasher said:

of a similar view.  Work for a global corp, be easier and more lucrative to work in new york and be paid in dollars… do that a few years and fuck off over to sweden with pretty blondes and well insulated houses!

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

of a similar view.  Work for a global corp, be easier and more lucrative to work in new york and be paid in dollars… do that a few years and fuck off over to sweden with pretty blondes and well insulated houses!

You should probably just have a wank Malcolm 👍

5 hours ago, slasher said:

It certainly sounds like you're finding the whole thing hard to bear. 

This board is my only real sustained exposure to anything to do with the Queens death.

I see some posts on reddit but I just scroll passed them, I did notice a change in music on the radio when I was driving on Saturday, and I got 3 emails from the Open University( 2 the exact same and one with a minor correction), that's pretty much it.

I've walked past a few TV's as well that seemed to be showing something.

I had a think about when she might have actually passed away when it was asked on here. A bit morbid but considering all the esoteric strict protocols that seem to govern that way of life, a wee bit interesting.

I did see a clip of a group of folk that had turned up and then all started singing god save the king then gave themselves a round of applause at the end. Probably best for ones sanity not to try and unpack that behaviour.

12 hours ago, slasher said:

I passed a dog earlier, he was just sitting there in the rain. We exchanged a knowing look and I saw the sadness in his eyes.

Sounds like you have found the first paragraph of a new book ! 

If it all gets too much there is a sofa bed for you and Mrs Slasher in Seville 😉

The police arresting protesters can GTF. If someone wants to protest against alleged paedophile Andrew, then it should be welcomed. If you want to protest that Charles isn't your King, then you should be free to do so.

The UK is not a very free country it would seem.

Apparently we need to be allowed the freedom to say what we like, or criticise wokeness, but also respectful of those in charge. Away and fuck.

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

I think they’ve seriously misread the public mood with regards to Andrew.  Maybe he’ll get Covid again and be self-isolating for the next week or so.

he is mourning his mother on a funeral procession.  Shameful behaviour from the idiot in the crowd.

10 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

he is mourning his mother on a funeral procession.  Shameful behaviour from the idiot in the crowd.

It’s a public procession, he should be locked up anyway but it would be better for if he just stayed indoors. 

51 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Distress signal.

Was his internet on the blink or his toilet not flushing and he was freaking out ?

Yeah, i explained to him it was the distress signal and did he need any help? he told me to go fuck myself , some ppl eh?