The news thread - Page 76 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

It’s all about getting him back into the royal fold, he’ll be gradually included by stealth so we get used to seeing him involved in royal engagements🤬

Not a chance. As soon as this is over he will disappear. Charles and William won’t have it . He’s toxic. I know people who have had the misfortune to cross his path and every single person who has related a story is the same,  it’s about what a Shiite bag he is. It’s the one area where the queen failed in that she indulged the twat too much. 

10 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Not surprising. It's fuqing big enough.

A lot of plane for one person.

At least I didn’t have to drive hundreds of miles or queue for hours to pay my respects, open the back door, pop my head out and then go and sit back down. 

55 minutes ago, aaid said:

At least I didn’t have to drive hundreds of miles or queue for hours to pay my respects, open the back door, pop my head out and then go and sit back down. 

Elizabeth made sure she got her money's worth

On 9/12/2022 at 11:03 AM, TDYER63 said:

Sounds like you have found the first paragraph of a new book ! 

If it all gets too much there is a sofa bed for you and Mrs Slasher in Seville 😉

Haha, cheers Tidy! I’m off to Madrid next weekend and can’t wait to leave this basket case, fuckwit of a country behind for a bit.

To be fair, I’ve gone from bouts of rage to feeling like I’m living in an Ealing comedy. Todays radio report on the drive home included a segment on how the royal bees have been informed of ‘her late majesty’s’ passing. Now, I had no fuckin clue that there were royal bees, far less that the head beekeeper must inform the queen bee in each hive of the death of the sovereign or she’ll take the huff apparently and stop producing honey. But it’s ok, the head beekeeper then calmed the situation by letting the bees know that their new master would be kind to them. 🤪

Now, if any you think ‘this cunt is back on the drink or worse’ then please go look it up. There are literally no bounds to the insanity in this country!

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Haha, cheers Tidy! I’m off to Madrid next weekend and can’t wait to leave this basket case, fuckwit of a country behind for a bit.

To be fair, I’ve gone from bouts of rage to feeling like I’m living in an Ealing comedy. Todays radio report on the drive home included a segment on how the royal bees have been informed of ‘her late majesty’s’ passing. Now, I had no fuckin clue that there were royal bees, far less that the head beekeeper must inform the queen bee in each hive of the death of the sovereign or she’ll take the huff apparently and stop producing honey. But it’s ok, the head beekeeper then calmed the situation by letting the bees know that their new master would be kind to them. 🤪

Now, if any you think ‘this cunt is back on the drink or worse’ then please go look it up. There are literally no bounds to the insanity in this country!

😂

39 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

The BBC heaves a sigh of relief as what's left of Liz arrives in London and they can stop pretending to give a monkey's about Scotland or having to pronounce their silly place names.

My particular favourites being Banchoree and Ban-kory!! 

Interviews with the public about the Queen. Jeezo.

Tedious?! Wave after wave of cliche's.

I saw a couple interviewed in London; saying how the Queen had great qualities.

Then the interviewer made the mistake of asking, which qualities they admired in her......... TOTAL SILENCE.

They didn't know what to say; they just stood there grinning like idiots.

How can the BBC, ITV, Sky, GB News, etc... have days and days of such dull chat; the presenters must be on the edge of snapping.

This is a few years old, but nails it...

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I don't really know what people expected the news coverage to be like when the Queen died.  if anything it's actually been a bit more restrained, if that's the right word, than I was expecting!

I expect to get some news other than a famous 96 year old woman has died, FFS. Has everything else on the entire planet stooped just because she died? I don't expect North Korea style propaganda for days on end. I think the weather even stopped for a couple of days. How tae fuk did they do that? "There will be no weather anywhere because the Queen is dead"

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I don't really know what people expected the news coverage to be like when the Queen died.  if anything it's actually been a bit more restrained, if that's the right word, than I was expecting!

I’d say I’m about the same.  I can remember when big chunks of the country went into meltdown when Lady Di popped her clogs. 

Edited by aaid

39 minutes ago, aaid said:

I’d say I’m about the same.  I can remember when big chunks of the country went into meltdown when Lady Di popped her clogs. 

That was total hysteria & surreal

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I guess that was more acute because she was only young.  It shouldn't really be a shock when a 96-year-old snuffs it.

That said, this level of OTT is pretty much what I was expecting.  I was more surprised by the fuss made when the near century old Duke of Edinburgh kicked the bucket!

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's when all this shite started. 

Social media  has made it worse. 

i would date it further back than that and at football tragedies ; hillsborough for example

think first time had seen scarves tied to railings , flowers on kop etc ..... i'd only ever seen stuff like that before on holiday in spain/italy etc where shrines/flowers at side of road

think the americans cornered the market though with the yellow ribbon during vietnam era , then the candle lit "vigils" that seem to have enveloped the world (am sure this originated somewhere else though but yanks seem to love it)